PDA

View Full Version : Getting parents to sign for what they have paid you.

helendee
29-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Is it a requirement for tax purposes that at the end of each month/week, parents sign your book to confirm that they have paid you a certain amount?

I usually remember to get mine to sign but do forget sometimes!!!:(

sarah707
29-12-2009, 06:34 PM
It's not a requirement for tax or Eyfs.

However it is good practice and can prevent parents saying they've given you money when they haven't...

it's also useful to keep a record signed by the parents of who has attended and when :D

Chatterbox Childcare
29-12-2009, 06:56 PM
It is your own responsibility to keep accurate and up to date records.

How you do this is up to you - personally I invoice my parents and keep a copy with my records and then the money goes straight into my account to balance it out. If I get cash I write a receipt and attach it to the invoice.

As long as their is a paper trail you will be fine.

Don't forget to keep all financial records, including bank statements for 7 years plus your current year. The records all say 3 but if the IR come in and audit they can back date any fines/interest penalties based on what they find for 7 years if you don't have them.

Cazz
29-12-2009, 11:16 PM
It is your own responsibility to keep accurate and up to date records.

How you do this is up to you - personally I invoice my parents and keep a copy with my records and then the money goes straight into my account to balance it out. If I get cash I write a receipt and attach it to the invoice.

As long as their is a paper trail you will be fine.

Don't forget to keep all financial records, including bank statements for 7 years plus your current year. The records all say 3 but if the IR come in and audit they can back date any fines/interest penalties based on what they find for 7 years if you don't have them.

All my current parents pay me weekly in cash. I give them an invoice and then a receipt which I keep copies of.

Should I be paying the cash into a bank account each week (haven't paid all of it in some weeks) and if so - should it be a seperate bank account?

Suppose what I'm asking is - are my invoices/receipts and NCMA accounts book (which I get parents to sign monthly) enough without bank statements?

Chatterbox Childcare
30-12-2009, 08:47 AM
All my current parents pay me weekly in cash. I give them an invoice and then a receipt which I keep copies of.

Should I be paying the cash into a bank account each week (haven't paid all of it in some weeks) and if so - should it be a seperate bank account?

Suppose what I'm asking is - are my invoices/receipts and NCMA accounts book (which I get parents to sign monthly) enough without bank statements?

No need to bank the money as long as you have entered it all in your accounts book

Cazz
31-12-2009, 01:13 AM
No need to bank the money as long as you have entered it all in your accounts book

Thanks Debbie :thumbsup: