PDA

View Full Version : HOW ARE YOU ALL GOING TO BE CELEBRATING NEW YEARS EVE?

angeldelight
29-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Are you having a party

Are you going to a party

Are you going to snuggle up with your partner or snuggle up with the duvet and a good film

Are you going to dance the night away and get drunk where ever you are?

What are your plans

Angel xxx

LOOPYLISA
29-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Me and hubs and dd are gonna snuggle up together with the tv and a bottle of something sparkly :thumbsup:

We have friends round the folowing night :thumbsup:

Have a good one everyone x

beccas
29-12-2009, 06:39 PM
hubby working (taxi driver) so will be on here most of night with a box of chocs and bottle or 3 of wine...hopefully i wont be here on my own

sweets
29-12-2009, 06:42 PM
hubby working (taxi driver) so will be on here most of night with a box of chocs and bottle or 3 of wine...hopefully i wont be here on my own

i expect i will be here. lol. dont usually do anything new year, we can have our own party here!:laughing:

FussyElmo
29-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I will be under the duvet as dh is working and I dont think i will be able to take listening to fil on new years eve:panic: :panic: :panic:

Daddy Day Care
29-12-2009, 06:55 PM
we dont really celebrate new year, were more than likely to be asleep by time it turns midnight, and before then it will probably be a normal night with me on here and sharon on couch watching tv

Gareth
xx

FizzysFriends
29-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I am babysitting, just around the corner from where I live which is handy :clapping: I don't celebrate new year so might as well make some money out of it.

Lou
29-12-2009, 07:44 PM
We are going round to a friends for some food and a few drinks, they live nice and close so we can have a couple of drinks, but as they are close friends we can take the children :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
29-12-2009, 08:09 PM
nothing special...

making gammon for dinner (the one with coca cola)

maybe will make some marzipan good luck pigs and clovers (austrian tradition)

snuggle up:blush: with dp once dd has gone to her bed

ajs
29-12-2009, 08:42 PM
we are having a party and a hog roast in the garden
we've invited loads of people but have no idea how many will turn up
hubby is organsing a fire pit for the garden so hopefully if it's very cold we can sit around that.

i also let him loose in morrisons alcohol department.
it will be a good night if anyone turns up but we'll have a lot of pig left if nooone does

Hebs
29-12-2009, 08:45 PM
i dont celebrate it, i'll be in bed asleep as i'm working on new years day :D

ORKSIE
29-12-2009, 08:45 PM
We are having a party...Its DS 18th Birthday!
Fireworks at Midnight:clapping: :clapping:

Carol
29-12-2009, 08:47 PM
We are off to have a meal at our local curry house, then popping into our club to let new year in.
Have been invited to party but as our daughter is off to australia for a year in May we wanted to be all together to let year in!!!

Carol xx

daisyboo1980
29-12-2009, 08:49 PM
big party with my partner family but at the min im finding it hard to stay up past night and i seem to get my morning sickness at night so i dont no how im going to do it

avril
29-12-2009, 09:01 PM
We were having a quiet night in snuggled up with dh once boys were in bed BUT some friends invited themselves round and this has slowly snowballed to around 15 people so far!!

Should be a good night:clapping:

nannysue
29-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Babysitting !! but they are staying here ,that way i can go to bed when i like . :thumbsup:

Twinkle
29-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I'll be in by myself and then playing taxi for my daughter and her friends around 4am :)

Roseolivia
29-12-2009, 09:24 PM
My friend, her husband and daughter are coming to stay for the night. Getting some nibbles and probably watch tv and play games.

nannymcflea
29-12-2009, 09:47 PM
In bed asleep no doubt.:blush: At my age I think it's best.:D

Chimps Childminding
29-12-2009, 10:36 PM
We usually get a take away in for me, dh and 4 sons. However, this year 3 eldest are now 18 so will want to be out with friends, as long as one of them gets to finish work on time (he does the 2 - 10 shift but apparently last year they were still working at midnight!!:( ) and youngest is madly in love so will want to be with gf. To be honest, I would just as soon be in my bed, but that leaves dh seeing the new year in on his own - unless I can persuade the boys to take him out with them :D

Trouble
29-12-2009, 10:39 PM
at the begining of the night it was doing nothing but it keeps changing so ill let you know on new years eve:D :laughing:

angeldelight
29-12-2009, 10:40 PM
at the begining of the night it was doing nothing but it keeps changing so ill let you know on new years eve:D :laughing:

That sounds interesting ha ha

Angel xx

kindredspirits
30-12-2009, 08:56 AM
traffic depending we'll be on the beach - started off as with a fire and fireworks but looks like we'll only just make it in time so we'll have to wait and see i guess! :(

caz3007
30-12-2009, 09:06 AM
One of my mindies parents have invited us to a get together. I will know most of the people there, as they are other families from the school and some other mindies too. :)

Looking forward to it as its only across the road and usually its just hubby and I at home alone. May not make it till Midnight, depends on little DS, but just to be out for part of the evening would be nice

Tatia
30-12-2009, 09:43 AM
We can't make up our minds as we've been invited to 2 parties this year. Either way, we'll be partying.:thumbsup:

angeldelight
30-12-2009, 10:53 AM
We can't make up our minds as we've been invited to 2 parties this year. Either way, we'll be partying.:thumbsup:

Go to both and see which one is the best then stay at that one :laughing:

Angel xx

TheBTeam
30-12-2009, 11:22 AM
We will prob do the same as the last 2 years and go to eamayl chinese with friends and their 3 children and then go back to theirs for a while, but will come home just before midnight and watch it on the telly as ds likes to and then go to bed.

Annie_T
30-12-2009, 12:00 PM
staying in watch tv have a dinner - prob end up watching the neigbours over road again as they have a party and the drunk people are funny .. tho one year there was a big fight and 2 police vans, 2 police cars came and some got arrested !:panic:

christine e
30-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Friends coming over - will have a buffet about 9.00 watch Jools Holland on TV then fireworks and champagne at midnight

Have fun everyone!

Cx

PixiePetal
30-12-2009, 03:47 PM
New Year has not been the same since my dad and MIL died in 2006. That New Years Eve we stayed in and at midnight all cried - me DH,DS then 10 DD then 12. It was awful, I felt I was moving on into another year leaving dad behind. I sobbed.

This year, we are now living in the farmhouse where in laws lived and DH grew up so bit odd really. Local pub is under new management and doing free buffet so we might all go there - if kids are allowed, should be fine in a country pub :thumbsup:
DD did say she might cry though, we will both disappear outside for a few mins then!

ORKSIE
30-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Cant find any Fireworks for our party.....Its my DS 18yh Birthday:(

miss mopple
30-12-2009, 06:33 PM
We're off to the cinema with the kids in the afternoon and grabbing a takeaway on the way home

Then DH and I will watch a bit of telly while I join in an online party (on another forum :blush: )

helenlc
30-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Not sure yet - have been invited to a party but wont know hardly anyone, which doesnt seem fun.

A friend and his son might come over this way, so tbh I would be quite happy to get some nibbles and we just all sit in together and watch it on the telly!!

That way, also, my daddy can call me at home!:D Even though in America they wont be celebrating New Years for another 5 hours!!

venus89
30-12-2009, 10:49 PM
We were meant to be going to a friends' house for a coulpe of drinks but they're ill so we're just going to hang around at home and I'll have a bottle of fizz he doesn't drink)... I can't think of anybody I'd rather be with on New Years' than my husband and kids so I'm happy :D

wendywu
30-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Going for a Romantic meal with DH.............:eek: Then wait until 1 when i can go and collect DD 16 from a party.

Heaven Scent
30-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Going to the pub about 100 yds down the road which has a free buffet, band and Karaoke, we know a few people going so we shouldn't be Billy No Mates at Mid night.

ORKSIE
30-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Having a party....with NO fireworks it seems:(

angeldelight
31-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Having a party....with NO fireworks it seems:(

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx