PDA

View Full Version : Colours for a kitchen

Tatia
28-12-2009, 09:57 AM
We are re-doing the kitchen and because we are replacing the floor from terracotta to wood, I am not restricted at all as to colour palette. This is too much choice for me!! I need a starting point. I guess I'll need to look at accessories I like or something to get an idea but in the meantime, what colour is your kitchen or what colours do you love for a kitchen? I'm yellows now so getting bored with that.

beccas
28-12-2009, 10:05 AM
mine is milkly chocolate on 3 walls and my dinning side has a aqua (mr softe spearmnit colour) my kitchen units are wlanut with black and silver tiles.
hth

i must say we painted kitchen 3 times before we settled on this. My advice would be get lots of tester pots and paint them next to yr units and leave it a week to decide.

Hebs
28-12-2009, 10:14 AM
I have walnut units with silver handles

and 2 tones cream tiles,

3 walls are cream and one is teal :thumbsup:

i love it :D

angeldelight
28-12-2009, 10:24 AM
We are re-doing the kitchen and because we are replacing the floor from terracotta to wood, I am not restricted at all as to colour palette. This is too much choice for me!! I need a starting point. I guess I'll need to look at accessories I like or something to get an idea but in the meantime, what colour is your kitchen or what colours do you love for a kitchen? I'm yellows now so getting bored with that.

Its the christmas holiday what you thinking about kitchens for Tatia - do it next week :laughing:

Oh and dont forget to make me whatever you were going to make me that should keep you busy if you bored :clapping:

Angel xxx

nannymcflea
28-12-2009, 10:45 AM
We went for a natural colour with our wood floor. Did stone tiles, little ones in a variety of stone colours,as a border with neutral accessories. It sounds boring but looked very posh!:D

clare78
28-12-2009, 11:03 AM
we have darkish red walls with black doors and woodwork. it took a long time to convince hubby it would look good and i think it looks great.

FussyElmo
28-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Mines sort of a sooty black colour from floor to ceiling - quite unusual really :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but am hoping for it to be revamped in the next few weeks :)

PixiePetal
28-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Mines sort of a sooty black colour from floor to ceiling - quite unusual really :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but am hoping for it to be revamped in the next few weeks :)

I was thinking of you when I read Tatias post. Hope Christmas went ok and you are soon back in your house with a nice new kitchen.:)

Mine is all new - renting family farmhouse. Cream units, magnolia walls, terracotta tiled floor, horrible brown wood look worktops (didn't get a say in those:( ) will change if we stay for long time.

Am going for red and cream accessories to liven it up - Laura Ashley do some lovley mugs/jugs :thumbsup: If anyone has seen nice curtains or bits and pieces let me know - don't want it looking like a cheap cafe though!!

Twinkles
28-12-2009, 11:15 AM

Aw bless ya ! I'm glad you still have your sense of humour ! Keeping things crossed for you that it all hurries up !

My kitchen is cream, with cream units wooden panelling and white rectangular tiles.
We have terracotta floor tiles so are restricted with colour.

madasahatter
28-12-2009, 11:29 AM
We've got a large kitchen diner with a light wood floor, beech units and the walls are a pale moss green at the bottom and magnolia above. The tiles in the kitchen are mostly white, with some having topiary trees on them in the same shade of green as the walls.
Does that help?

We've just redecorated my hall/toyroom (small 7ft square room behind the front door, between my lounge and downstairs loo, doesn't have the staircase in or anything) with this (http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9255239&fh_reftheme=promo_159792088%2cseeall%2c%2f%2fcatal og01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372013}%2fcategories %3C{9372032}%2fcategories%3C{9372139}%2f_colourMoo dMIF%3E{all}&fh_view_size=50&fh_start_index=0&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3 C{9372013}%2fcategories%3C{9372032}%2fcategories%3 C{9372139}%2f_colourMoodMIF%3E{all}%2fspecificatio nsProductType%3dstandard_wallpaper&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=lister&ts=1261999679205&isSearch=false). It looks nice with the ikea shelving I've got.

Tatia
28-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Its the christmas holiday what you thinking about kitchens for Tatia - do it next week
Because we were away on holiday in a gorgeous cottage with a brand new kitchen! I came home and now mine looks scruffy and tired.:rolleyes:

angeldelight
28-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Because we were away on holiday in a gorgeous cottage with a brand new kitchen! I came home and now mine looks scruffy and tired.:rolleyes:

oh I see - you are jealous ha ha

Have fun

xxx

Tatia
28-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Covetous, yes!!:laughing:

Although Tony and I just tore the kitchen apart and gave it a good ol' scour, including sugar soaping the units and it has brightened it up. Still want new worktops, paint and floor though. So not much, haha.

Ripeberry
28-12-2009, 05:45 PM
My kitchen has mid blue units, dark grey tops and the tiles are dark blue with spaced tiles with a blue and yellow cockerel design.
The kitchen walls and doors are bright yellow and the floor is light blue laminate.
It wakes you up in the morning :D

Carol
28-12-2009, 09:30 PM
My kitchen has white cupboards, black granite worktops and apricot walls. Really pleased with it. Hope you fine a colour scheme you like

Carol xx

Blaze
28-12-2009, 09:36 PM
My kitchen has white cupboards, black granite worktops and apricot walls. Really pleased with it. Hope you fine a colour scheme you like

Carol xx

Mine is similar - cept I have white walls & black floor tiles:thumbsup: