PDA

View Full Version : What an offer.............

Tink
27-12-2009, 09:40 PM
A friend of mine is getting married next year (March) at Alton Towers. She has been planning it for years:rolleyes:
Anyway I was at her house when the manager phoned her and asked if there was any chance of her changing the date:eek: she nearly passed out.
The manager said could she possibly change it to another day obviously she said "NO" so the manager said i'll phone you back?
I said why do they want you to change the date but she forgot to ask!!!
Here's the best bit, ready for this???????????????????

The phone rang, she said "here we go" guess who was on the other end of the phone???????????
READY.......................... Victoria Beckham (NO JOKE)

It's Brooklyn's birthday and they want to hire Alton Towers for his birthday on the same day!!!:eek:
Heres the offer....... the Beckham's will pay for my friends wedding and honeymoon to anywhere in the world, if she changes the day:eek: :eek: :eek:

Guess what....... she changed the date and VB's contact is phoning her back with details next week:clapping: :clapping:

littletreasures
27-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Wow!!

Had she sent invitations out or organised wedding stationery?

beccas
27-12-2009, 09:42 PM
omg get on what a chance... glad she took it:clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup:

babs
27-12-2009, 09:47 PM
tbh i wudnt change the date even if it was the queen.. i think vb has got a cheek asking her to change the date of one of the most important days of her life when vb's son will have lots of other birthdays to come. most people only get married once. just proves she thinks her money can buy her anything....

Princess Sara
27-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I've heard of this happening before, exactly the same details but maybe a different child's birthday. If you can afford to do it, great.

Pauline
27-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Sorry to be cynical but I'd have been thinking it was a joke! of all the places in the world the Beckhams are choosing Alton Towers?? :rolleyes:

sue m
27-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I've heard this before as well.

solly
27-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry but i cant stand the women so i would of said NO, its my wedding and i booked it first. who the hell does she think she is, people like that make me sick just because they have money they think they can buy anything and anyone. I would of told her to arrange her sons birthday for another day.

As your friend has said yes I hope she has a big wedding and chooses a really expensive honeymoon destination

babs
27-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry to be cynical but I'd have been thinking it was a joke! of all the places in the world the Beckhams are choosing Alton Towers?? :rolleyes:

after getting on my high horse and ranting i pressed submit then thought the same thing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ... oh well i still ranted and still think the same .... but if the lady whos getting married gets a day of her dreams then suppose it tunred out well....... still ranting at the thought vb thinks she can buy people off :angry: :angry: :angry:

PixiePetal
27-12-2009, 10:01 PM
This was on the internet last year :rolleyes: VB again

I am a cynic too

FizzysFriends
27-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I've heard this before as well.

Its on Snopes.com

Mouse
27-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Blimey, that one's been going round for years!

Do a google search & it comes up so many times :rolleyes:

aly
27-12-2009, 10:18 PM
It's false...I think I posted this before...I will check

Pauline
27-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes here it is on Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/weddings/newlywed/beckham.asp

I think someone is pulling your leg :D

Annie_T
27-12-2009, 10:58 PM
:eek:

omg if it true then thats good but brooklyn will be 11 There cant be many rides he could ride there or the other kids surely ...? oh well dont matter your mate got a deal and a half x

but if that was offered to me i would take it long as it was all done first (money into an account so i could go pay the bits off etc )

charleyfarley
27-12-2009, 11:08 PM

And what's wrong with Alton Towers Pauline??????? It's local to me so maybe they will pop in for a cuppa :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

wendywu
27-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Some one on here posted about this before. It was someone their DH worked with.

Strange it keeps turning up :rolleyes:

Lou
27-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Dont know what to make of that..........BUT

If it happened to me.....i would have to say:

"OH Posh ill tell you what.........one night with your hubby and i will just cancel my wedding altogether!!!!"

Monkey1
28-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Dont know what to make of that..........BUT

If it happened to me.....i would have to say:

"OH Posh ill tell you what.........one night with your hubby and i will just cancel my wedding altogether!!!!"

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :laughing: :laughing:

teacake2
28-12-2009, 10:53 PM
The mother of 2 of my mindees works in the offices there so I will see if I can get a childminding job there for the day:D :D :D
Teacake2

Chimps Childminding
29-12-2009, 05:06 PM
As I was reading it I thought it sounded familiar - I have heard it somewhere too!!

kindredspirits
29-12-2009, 05:48 PM
i wasn't aware you could actually HIRE OUT Alton Towers :laughing: think of the ticket sales they'd loose - must actually cost millions to hire it for the day

Mouse
29-12-2009, 07:02 PM
i wasn't aware you could actually HIRE OUT Alton Towers :laughing: think of the ticket sales they'd loose - must actually cost millions to hire it for the day

Shazhazey said she was there when they phoned though, so I'm guessing her story is genuine ;)

Chell
29-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I've heard this one before too. :p

miffy
29-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I think the same story has been posted on here before

Miffy xx