PDA

View Full Version : Had the call

Tink
27-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I couldn't quite believe it but I had the phone call Christmas Eve!!!
I don't mind as I had been waiting for them to phone. She sounded really nice and it might sound weird but i'm looking forward to it.
I have everything ready just hope i've got it right but we will find out, fingers crossed for a good start to 2010:)

sue m
27-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Good luck, you will be fine. :clapping: Christmas Eve though?! :eek:

sarah707
27-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh my word that would have put the wind up me a bit!

Good luck! :D

Heaven Scent
27-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I think they have a blasted cheek calling us on Christmas Eve - are we not to have any family time. I appreciate its her job and she may not have chosen to take Christmas eve off but I don't think that they should assume that we haven't if we were nursery owners/managers then they wouldn't be able to contact us if we were at home on a day off and they shouldn't take advantage of the fact that we work from home to call just so they can get their work done - at the end of the day a great many childmindrs have young children and they therefore have loads to do on a christmas eve. I have a right bee in my bonnet - if they stopped calling our homes settings then they would learn to respect them as family homes again.

Tink
27-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I was actually on my way out just got DD in the car and DH called me in said it was Ofsted:angry: fair enough they were due but to phone Christmas Eve:angry: I had finished work, started family time and was going to get some last minute prezzies and all I could think about was have I got everything done? :censored:
So yes I have had a superb Christmas but it was on my mind the whole time!!!!

Zoomie
27-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Could have called tomorrow am as opposed to Xmas eve, but I think it would have been at the back of your mind, regardless, cos your inspection was due.

So when can you expect the lovely Ofsted on your doorstep ?

Tink
27-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Could have called tomorrow am as opposed to Xmas eve, but I think it would have been at the back of your mind, regardless, cos your inspection was due.

So when can you expect the lovely Ofsted on your doorstep ?

First week in January, she said 4th or 5th

beccas
27-12-2009, 09:44 PM
do you know who you got..... you could look on ofsted website to see what she picks up on at her inspections just check your area that is what i did to make sure i was ready