PDA

View Full Version : how do you include exercise for YOU in your working day?

newandlearning
26-12-2009, 09:21 PM
hi everyone..

Its nearly a New Year and I'm desperately aware that I need to get my being moving moving!! not just with school runs and bending down to change nappies:) .. but I'm wondering how everyone else incorporates this into their lives...??

I also wondered how many of you have wii fit thingies and how you rate them?

best wishes and I hope you all had a good Xmas..xx

Blaze
26-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I walk everywhere & yes I have a wii fit & LOVE it - but actually have neve ued it whilst working - now there's an idea!:thumbsup: :D

Hebs
26-12-2009, 09:24 PM
had a wii fit it's defiantly more for fun than serious exercise

i'm getting a bike trailer for the LO's and will go out on the bike as much as possible x

LOOPYLISA
26-12-2009, 09:45 PM
The wii fit can work for you :thumbsup:

But if your anything like me it gathers dust :D came out last night though- have you ever played it after a few drinks :laughing:

julie w
26-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I used to use it every day when my 2 mindees had their afternoon nap. Now i have a mindee who wont sleep so I cant do it which is a shame because I really enjoyed it.

Twinkles
26-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I walk most days , with children , other minders , their children and the dogs ! Through muddy woods , over fields etc.:thumbsup:

Mostly we go at the childrens pace but for 20 mins or so I pile up my double buggy and push them at my pace !

mushpea
27-12-2009, 09:18 AM
4 years ago we bought a labrador best motivation for excersie cause if we dont take him out for at least an hour a day he goes loopy indoors !! the mindees love walking him and as the EYFS says fresh air is good he is our excuse to get out and about.:D
I dont always walk him though as my partner has changed jobs and is about more during the day so he takes him out too.
I have just orderd a wii fit + off amazon.co.uk ,, should be arriving in january, cost 75.00 but is cheaper than a gym membership.

happytotschildminding
27-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi - what works for our family is that my hubby goes to the gym when he finishes work, then when I'm finished work I get changed, get two youngest girls in the car and get to the gym at 6.30 ish, swap cars and its my turn at the gym - I'm really getting into it and its a nice bit of me-time. If it works for you, you're more likely to stick at it. Good luck.
Carol

Carol
27-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Pushing a triple pushchair was my exercise back and forwards to school but now kids are walking so not doing as much exercise. There just doesnt seem enough hours in the day. Start work at 7.30 finish at 6pm (no dinner break as such!!!!) then at the end of the day tidy up cook tea and start chores you cant do whilst childminding so not much time. However I have given up chocolate nearly 8 weeks ago and hopefully should start to loose weight as I used to eat a lot!!!!
Good luck
Carol xx