PDA

View Full Version : No Sprouts!!!

Lou
23-12-2009, 09:46 PM
OMG everywhere has run out of sprouts!!!! Well i went to asda and lost the will to live.....it was hell on earth. I spent £130 in there.

I was going to go home, but i thought i will just just run into tescos :eek: and get some there and they had sold out too!!!! Spent another £100 in there!!!!

Not going anywhere else, woman in tescos said it was because of the weather, the delivery lorries cant get through!!!, she also said Morrisons had run out. Just wish i had looked in M and S this morning when i picked up the turkey!!!

What am i going to do, sorry but its not xmas dinner without sprouts!!!!

Gonna see if the farm shop is open tomorrow, and if not the only other place is Co-op, fingers crossed!!!!!

PixiePetal
23-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I HATE SPROUTS!!!

Got 1 small bag for my mum, DH and his sister to share. That's all we need.:D

If I had no stuffing, I would be :angry:

charleyfarley
23-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I have sprouts, got them yesterday even though I hate them but Daz loves them roasted in honey.

Hope you manage to get some :thumbsup:

Carol xx

miffy
23-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh no Lou!

I have plenty but I'm nowhere near you or I'd happily share.

Phone your local radio station and appeal then you'll get loads :laughing:

Miffy xx

littletreasures
23-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I've got some as well. Had to ask for loose ones in Sainsbury's though. They went and found some out the back.

I know it's not the same, but what about frozen ones? I keep some in the freezer as I'm the only one that eats them in my family and I only have 6 or 7 at a time.

Lou
23-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I dont like frozen ones.

I am hoping that people who live near me read my comments on facebook and come to the rescue!!!!

If not......well at least i managed to get lemons to go in the gin....every cloud and all that!!!!

LOOPYLISA
23-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Loadsa sprouts in tescos :clapping:

You didnt really wanna know that though did you !

Bleugh to frozen too :panic:

Carpet Monkeys
23-12-2009, 10:17 PM
My local Tesco had run out of spuds, so went to my local co-op and they had loads of veg including sprouts!!!

nannymcflea
23-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Our coop had them, loose, bagged and on stalk...sorry thats doesn't help unless you can get to Cumbria!

TheBTeam
23-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Oh I am glad it is not just me, i ordered sprouts cos it isnt christmas dinner without them, and i like them and tesco sent peas and green beans instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have to go on a sprout and turkey gravy hunt tomorrow, cos they sent chicken stock!!

Lou
23-12-2009, 10:36 PM
IT WORKED!!!!!

I put a plee on Facebook, and just had a phonecall from someone in the village saying she has loads, and she will send her son round in the morning with some yipppeeeee alll sorted now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spangles
23-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I absolutely can't stand sprouts! They make me gag, just the thought of eating one makes me feel ill! Ha!

Glad you got some - great idea about FB!

ORKSIE
23-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I have loads....They are at their best with a frost on them:thumbsup: apparently:huh: :laughing:

wendywu
23-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I got mine this morning from the local BP garage that has a M&S shop on site.

Tesco only sent me 250g not the 500g i had ordered :angry:

Bananabrain
24-12-2009, 07:18 AM
I absolutely can't stand sprouts! They make me gag, just the thought of eating one makes me feel ill! Ha!

Glad you got some - great idea about FB!

My thoughts exactly Spangles. Sprouts are banned in my house!
Brilliant idea about FB though.

Pauline
24-12-2009, 07:42 AM
I cook them with bacon and chestnuts, only way to make them even mildly palatable, then I eat the bacon and chestnuts and leave the sprouts for everyone else :laughing:

Mouse
24-12-2009, 09:36 AM
DH & I love sprouts, but you'd think I was trying to poison the kids when they see even ONE on their plates!

manjay
24-12-2009, 09:42 AM
We all like sprouts but I can't be doing with the last minute rush for everything. I bought mine from M & S at the end of last week, prepared them, blanched them and whacked them in the freezer! Perfect:thumbsup:

Glad you managed to get some Lou!

beccas
24-12-2009, 10:00 AM
i got plenty off my allotment are you close to rotherham south yorkshire you can have some of mine...:D

miffy
24-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Glad you got some Lou!

Miffy xx