PDA

View Full Version : BEEN XMAS FOOD SHOPPING AND...

Mollymop
23-12-2009, 04:21 PM
......OMG!!!!!!!! talk about trolley rage:mad: grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I only spent £150!! whoo hoo!! well done me!!!!!!!!:clapping:

emler
23-12-2009, 04:22 PM
lol - bet you're glad that's over with :laughing:

fionamal
23-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I went at 8.15am and it was heaven

Daddy Day Care
23-12-2009, 04:27 PM
......OMG!!!!!!!! talk about trolley rage:mad: grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I only spent £150!! whoo hoo!! well done me!!!!!!!!:clapping:

lol it was like that here, but it was the "older" ladies that were the worst, anyone over 60 seemed to have drunk soemthing crazy

Mollymop
23-12-2009, 04:29 PM
lol it was like that here, but it was the "older" ladies that were the worst, anyone over 60 seemed to have drunk soemthing crazy

some of my Tesco OAP's smelled like wee not nice when you are trying to chose what sausage rolls to by over their shoulders:(

Joannechildmind
23-12-2009, 04:34 PM
yes i had an older lady barge me out of the way, i went flying duno where she got the strength from? probably the Gordans Gin :rolleyes:

debbie
23-12-2009, 04:43 PM
ohhh wish me luck i'm doing my shop tomorrow morning.:panic: : not looking forward to it and just too top it off i've still got a few prezzies to buy. anyone want to do it for me ???

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE. lets hope we all have a better year next.:jump for joy:

LOOPYLISA
23-12-2009, 04:43 PM
We have just been too :clapping:

Wasnt too bad but still bad :panic:

We spent £230 :rolleyes:

little miss chatterbox
23-12-2009, 04:51 PM
i'm worried i've forgotten something now mine is coming and was only £115 incl turkey and pork joint!

kindredspirits
23-12-2009, 04:52 PM
we went to our little tescos for a few bits and ended up with some woman shouting in my face :( she barged my friend out of the way and when my friend walked away she called her... well not very nice - female genetils head :angry: so i politely told her not to swear in front of my son so she starts swearing in my face.. :eek: :angry: i walked away wishing her a merry chirstmas but am still fuming now, especially when my ds starts say 'f you' walking round - which is what she started saying to me. :angry: :angry: :(

Blackhorse
23-12-2009, 04:58 PM
well I went shopping...

spent £95 including 3 presents as well!! :clapping: :clapping:

BUT it took me 43 minutes to get out of the sainsbury's car park.

luckily the woman in the car in front of me went to fetch a trolley boy and told him to direct traffic....

the problem was that nobody was letting you out into the main road out of the car park...once he stated getting things organised we were out in 5 minutes!!

I was so happy to get out of there!!:clapping: :clapping:

breezy
23-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Did ours yesterday, it was quite quiet, very strange!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah707
23-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I did our last bits last night and it wasn't that busy...

Apparently they had been queueing for the car park earlier in the day :eek:

Ah well all done now! :D

Alibali
23-12-2009, 09:13 PM
I couldn't get parked in our local supermarket, eventually got parked and then couldn't get a trolley! Had to follow people to cars to get their trolleys, and then the queues were the full length of the aisle. I put ds 11 in the queue and then did the shopping!! At least I only had 4 kids with me, and some raisins in my bag to keep them happy! Only went in for my turkey which I had ordered and some fresh veg and salad. Lots of grumbly people so me and the kids just sang christmas songs which made most folk smile.

nannymcflea
23-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Had to do ours at the local co-op as we couldn't get anywhere big cause of the snow.:(

Carpet Monkeys
23-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I went to my local Tesco which was recently refurbished and re-opened so thought it would be manic at 7pm this evening, it was the most enjoyable xmas food shopping I've ever done, no trolley rage, no huge queues, actually walked straight up to an empty till ... it was heaven, spent 70 pounds, convinced I've missed something vitally important!

madasahatter
23-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Going to my mums for Xmas Day. Already got the champers and croissants(?sp) for breakfast and a freezer full of food to cover the weekend so I won't be doing any food shopping until next week. Anything I may have forgotten I'm sure I'll find in the local co-op.
DH has got sooo much beer and wine through work it'll keep us boozed up until mid January, plus there are a few bottles from mindees too.

Chimps Childminding
23-12-2009, 10:57 PM
We were in Morrisons at 9.00 this morning and not too bad. Got everything I needed (I hope) some old dears moaning about it being busy!!!!!!! excuse me it is the day before Christmas eve!!!!!:panic:

SIL went to local Tesco at lunchtime and said it was manic - also couldn't get lots of things ie celery, strawberries, large double cream - guessing as someone else said on another thread deliveries not getting thro cause of the weather. DS been with gf parents tonight and couldn't get loads of stuff so have got to go elsewhere in the morning - sooner them than me!!! (Sitting here with smug look on my face :D ).

RedDragon
24-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I saved an ASDA online slot a few weeks ago - a handsome young bloke delivered my shopping, 2 of my sons put it all away and I had a glass of whiskey. :D :D :D :D :D :D

venus89
24-12-2009, 10:13 AM
we went to our little tescos for a few bits and ended up with some woman shouting in my face :( she barged my friend out of the way and when my friend walked away she called her... well not very nice - female genetils head :angry: so i politely told her not to swear in front of my son so she starts swearing in my face.. :eek: :angry: i walked away wishing her a merry chirstmas but am still fuming now, especially when my ds starts say 'f you' walking round - which is what she started saying to me. :angry: :angry: :(

OMG that's awful, and so unnecessary..... People can be so RUDE in supermarkets....... That's one of thereasons I do my big shop online nowadays. Last year I woke up at about 4am on Christmas Eve and started mulling over all the things I needed to buy so poddled off to a 24 hour Tescos about half an hour away..... lovely and quiet. The year before we went to the local Tesco 15 minutes away during the day and it was hell.... trolley rage, impossible to park, someone had thrown up all over the car park :panic:

This year we're going to my brother and sister in laws house. I'm in charge of veg so we got the local farm to deliver a box of fresh vegetables to them yesterday.....

peanuts
24-12-2009, 02:35 PM
went to asda at livingston yesterday, waited for 45 minutes in the checkout queue, was a total nightmare each checkout was the same.

nipped over to morrisons while at livingston to get the things i couldnt at asda, was in and out straight away no queues and they had empty checkouts as well.

not going anywhere near the shops today.

grindal
24-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Ocado delivered all my Christmas food straight into my kitchen yesterday afternoon! I love online shopping :clapping: :clapping: