PDA

View Full Version : aromatherapy

Blackhorse
22-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a few question maybe someone knows about it

Does it actually work? (I know this might be an odd question, but having studied biology I am always after evidence of something working rather than hear-say....if that makes sense...)

My mum sent me some stones (not sure what they are called in english) but you put the essential oil on the stone and the stone will release the right amount into the air...rather than a burner that can overpower the air (which is meant to be contra-productive)

Now I am interested in the subject and found an evening course...introduction course in aroma therapy (and I think it includes some massage too)

I would like to attend this course I think but I havent made up my mind yet if I believe in aroma therapy or not...
I like the scents in the air but I am not sure yet if it does anything apart from smell nice...

DP has asthma and my mum sent me some oils that are meant to help with it and I really hope they will (not instead of conventional medicine but together with...)

anyone know anything about it that can advice me on this?
sorry for longwinded post...it is hard to explain what I think

thanks

cher25
22-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi, I love aromatherapy. And for me it does work.

I like all alternative medicine ideas. I have an aunt who is a yoga teacher and she thinks they do work and it's because of her i got interested in it myself.

Aromatherapy oils are used a lot in massage, including massaging lavender oil on your temples and back of the neck when having a headache or migraine.
I used aromatherapy oils a couple of year's ago to help with missing periods. Massaged it in for 2 days and then i started again, took a couple of month's to go back to normal, but it worked.
I use oils in the bath sometimes. And if i could find my oil burner i would have lavender in my bedroom to help me sleep at night. (Take ages to fall asleep)
Essential oils can also be used to healing strains and sprains, amongst loads of other things. Arnica cream contains essential oils and that helps relieve bruises.

There are lot's of site's on the internet about it, but the only you will know for sure is to try it out.
If you want to know anything else just pm.

Good luck with what you decide. x

Blackhorse
23-12-2009, 08:13 AM
thanks for your reply

it's funny you should mention arnica...my granny would always make arnica spirit (with high percentage alcohol) for rubbing in when we fell.....it worked.

I might give it a go and do the course...only way I guess to find out for sure...

jelly15
23-12-2009, 08:23 AM
I can't sleep without lavender oil on a hanky in my pillow case.:thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
23-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I have a oilburner in my kitchen and iam loving the christmas mulberry oil i got from body shop its really festive and smells georgeous x