PDA

View Full Version : Self Employed - credit card application

Zoomie
21-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I have just applied for a 0% cc because I want to balance transfer my expensive cc.

I've been turned down :mad: , and I am sure it is because I am now SE.

Has anyone applied for a cc whilst being newly self employed and had any luck ?

TheBTeam
21-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I have applied for and got 0 % credit cards whilst being self employed but it usually referred the application, and one did turn us down, have you tried the Post office they gave me my last one, not sure what deals they have at moment.

sarah707
21-12-2009, 05:57 PM
You should check your credit scores and make sure it's not something there.

You can get free Experian and Equifax read outs online and at least you'll know.

You can also write and appeal a decision giving evidence of income and why you want the card. I got my last card after doing that.

Hth :D

Alibali
21-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I got a Nationwide one a few months after becoming self employed, no problems - only couldn't get the insurance cover but didn't want that anyway.

Zoomie
21-12-2009, 06:46 PM
tried the halifax one but i def think i might appeal the decision, good to hear people have had success after appealing.

Sarah, how did you provide proof of income ... I do have my accounts for last year (well still with tax people) but that was unfortunately a loss (though I was employed so had income from that).

sarah707
21-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Sarah, how did you provide proof of income ... I do have my accounts for last year (well still with tax people) but that was unfortunately a loss (though I was employed so had income from that).

I sent in my last 3 tax returns from Inland revenue.