PDA

View Full Version : Just collected my wedding dress!

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 04:11 PM
:D :D :D :D

It's sooo beautiful! I love it so much and can't wait to wear it in 9 days time!

Sorry just had to share :)

What did your dress look like? Do you still have it? Can you still fit into it? (i've already had my babies so baby belly is here to stay!) :blush:

Do you remember much about your wedding day? Did it go really fast? Anything exciting/ dreadful / memorable happen?

I'll come back on after my honeymoon and give you the lowdown on my big day! :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
18-12-2009, 04:19 PM
I am engaged, been with Dave for 6 years :D

We will marry, but are in no hurry, we are happy as we are to be honest :thumbsup:

If we do it will abroad in the caribbean most prob, on the beach :clapping: this will be his 2nd marriage so obviously he wants something different and not in a church etc.

Hope you have a fantastic day x

LittleMissSparkles
18-12-2009, 04:26 PM
oh how exciting :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PixiePetal
18-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I can tell you are just a little excited :laughing:

My dress is in the loft, bit mildewy by now but keeping it for old times sake. Might cut it up and use to make a christening gown if either of my kids want it in the future - there is plenty of fabric :D

I put it on a few years ago to show my kids - DD thought it was beautiful till I turned round and the back was gaping :laughing:

Loved wearing it and it was really too expensive but I didn't see anything else I liked :blush: Was £650 for the dress alone - no underskirt,shoes veil etc, that was extras - and that was 16 years ago :blush: :blush:

Don't regret it though, had the dress of my dreams. Ivory brocade, long sleeves, buttoned down the back with a bow and shaped to a slight train at the back. Will have to find a pic:)

Pauline
18-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Whooo :clapping::clapping:

Mine was very modern at the time (1970's). It had a little stand up collar and wide draping sleeves.

My mum and myself made it as I couldn't find what I wanted in the shops, I wanted a really, really long train and that is what I got. :clapping:

It was still in my mum and dad's wardrobe when the time came to clear their home after they died. I decided that that would be the best time to part with it, rather than bring it home. It went to Oxfam and I hope it did some good and that whoever wore it is as happy as we are. :)

Nothing eventful happened on the day. The only funny thing was some of the photos taken by a relative had this really old lady in the background, she looked like a bag lady with drooping stockings and old clothes, cigarette hanging from her mouth!! We always say she must be a long lost relative on the others side :laughing:

We honeymooned in Wales and came home early because we ran out of money :laughing:

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 04:51 PM
OOOOO I'd love to see a pic! :thumbsup:

Lisa we have been the same as you. Together for 7 years, got two children been engaged for 5 years and have finally got around to it! I juat wanted to have the same name as my children now they are school age etc.

And we are def doing it for ourselves and not because we feel we have to. (as has been suggested by some family :rolleyes: )

nannymcflea
18-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Mine was tight, off white silk with a litttle fish tail, no frills. Had a long bouquet in a burnt orange and cream clolour, bridesmaids in dark green and flower girls in frilly cream. 12 years ago but can remember it very well.:D In wardrobe, gathering moths...does it fit....:ROFL1:

solly
18-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Got married in Jamaica 18 years ago (there was not many places you could get married unlike now) had a church blessing 1 month later.
Had an ivory wedding dress its in my mums loft and i know for certain it would not fit me now.
It all went to plan thinking about it my blessing was more stressful than my actual wedding day

sue m
18-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Mine was straight, with broderie anglaise to the waist and then slub silk. It had a long train coming from the waist. I've no idea what happened to it, I got married a long time ago, it will be 39 years in April. I got divorced too 10 years later. :clapping:

littlesprogs
18-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Heres mine the picture doesnt do it justice though theres detailing with lilac flowers all around the front and down the back.

I still have it hung up in wardrobe but i cant fit into it since i've had Jayden. If i lost a stone i could though.

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Heres mine the picture doesnt do it justice though theres detailing with lilac flowers all around the front and down the back.

I still have it hung up in wardrobe but i cant fit into it since i've had Jayden. If i lost a stone i could though.

Its lovely! :thumbsup:

Mine probably has a similar length train to yours and you can whip the train of (velcro!!!!) and have a lovely dress that i'm able to dance in :D

littlesprogs
18-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Its lovely! :thumbsup:

Mine probably has a similar length train to yours and you can whip the train of (velcro!!!!) and have a lovely dress that i'm able to dance in :D

Mine hooked up at the back so i still had all the detailing flowing down but i could dance in it. I saw one that was velcro but wen you took it off it took all the detail with it and looked weird. I did see one where it came off and the detailing was still there but it was in the wrong colour.

I wanna get married again just to wear the dress again. lol.

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Mine hooked up at the back so i still had all the detailing flowing down but i could dance in it. I saw one that was velcro but wen you took it off it took all the detail with it and looked weird. I did see one where it came off and the detailing was still there but it was in the wrong colour.

I wanna get married again just to wear the dress again. lol.

The way its layered up at the back means it doesn't lose the detailing and it comes up quite high.

I will make sure i get some good pics of both styles! :clapping:

jelly15
18-12-2009, 06:48 PM
My dress was typical late1980s meringue, but I loved it. Sold it two years later as we needed the money but I hope whoever wore it has been as happily married as I am.

The day went so quick but a relative, who was a TV camerman, videoed it and edited it so beautifully. It is among my most treasured possesions.

Hope you have a wonderful day and a very happy marriage.

Jelly

Tatia
18-12-2009, 07:05 PM
My first wedding was some filmy, lacy, flouncy white horror of a dress. I hated it and the entire wedding but my mother was making up for her lack of a wedding when she got married. :rolleyes:

Seconf time around, I was 7 months pregnant and wore a clingy black dress cos that's all I could find at Mothercare to fit!! :laughing:

Here I am below:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/715/1001645.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/1001645.jpg/)

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I love seeing pics of everyone!

Tatia you're beautiful! :thumbsup: Pregnancy really suits you!

beccas
18-12-2009, 07:10 PM
mine was a red with gold emboridary raw silf halter neck top and gold satin full skirt i also had a stole in gold voile with same material as top on either end i loved it my bridesmaids (sisters)and boys wore same ... it was so special as my gran made the lot will find photo and upload i got married in 2001... i got dress in one of those vacum bags.

LittleMissSparkles
18-12-2009, 07:11 PM
how lovely to read everyones stories x
Tatia you are a beautiful lady if you dont mind me saying so xxx

LittleMissSparkles
18-12-2009, 07:21 PM
this was mine

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 07:25 PM
this was mine

You look lovely!
Why do you all look so great???
I'm starting to lose bottle cos I don't look anywhere near as great as you lot!

PixiePetal
18-12-2009, 07:28 PM
You look lovely!
Why do you all look so great???
I'm starting to lose bottle cos I don't look anywhere near as great as you lot!

I am sure you will look fab :thumbsup: :D

Can't wait to see YOUR photos :)

Tatia
18-12-2009, 07:34 PM
No, no, each and every bride is gorgeous and special and positively perfect on her wedding day! You will be a stunner and I can't wait to see the photos.

If it helps, I spent the day throwing up and that's the only good photo of me all day! I had a 'glow' from all the broken blood vessels in my face!:laughing:

Sparkles, you look like a model, so tall and elegant.:cool:

Tatia
18-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Sproggy, did you have a full military wedding and get to walk through those swords? I bet it was lovely.:)

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Sproggy, did you have a full military wedding and get to walk through those swords? I bet it was lovely.:)

I wanted to ask that question but I don't know ANYTHING about military uniforms so wasn't sure what I was asking! :blush:

LittleAcorns
18-12-2009, 07:46 PM
It's sooo beautiful! I love it so much and can't wait to wear it in 9 days time!

Sorry just had to share

What did your dress look like? I got married 10 years ago and it was already quite dated lol, I loved it though Do you still have it? YEP Can you still fit into it? Yeah...if I dont attempt to do it up!, so I guess that would be a NO :laughing: (i've already had my babies so baby belly is here to stay!) :blush:

Do you remember much about your wedding day? Everything Did it go really fast? Just right Anything exciting/ dreadful / memorable happen? The most memorable and cute parts were, my daughter (then 2yrs 11mths) walked down the aisle eating polo mints from her flower basket, as she would have talked the whole time :p
She kept going all day, from 7am - 2am the next morning!! she did not stop and was so well behaved, she was on the dance floor from start to finish...the next day she slept all day and night, my mum had to wake her for drinks and the odd bite to eat but just left her to rest,

I'll come back on after my honeymoon and give you the lowdown on my big day! :thumbsup:

Cant wait to hear all about your big day hun xx

TheBTeam
18-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Mine was white water taffeta with nottingham lace, it was beautiful and it broke my heart to get rid of it, but we sold it to a dress hire place, that although it wasnt a well known designer that they usually only used, they thought it was so lovely they wanted it.

I did keep my bridesmaids dresses at my nans house for years, and only got rid of them after she died.

littlesprogs
18-12-2009, 07:49 PM
No we didnt coz we got married in a private church. We had Tarrons brother, the best man and 2 other friends in uniform though and they all looked great

LittleAcorns
18-12-2009, 07:55 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2z7ha1s.jpg

Love the look on Lucys face on this pic x

Merry-Minder
18-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Our wedding day was mostly fantastic (long story!) except my youngest came out in chicken poxs a week before!!!!

Tatia
18-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Acorns, you are a vision! :)

LittleMissSparkles
18-12-2009, 09:04 PM
thank you tatia :blush:

our wedding day was quite eventful, my mum was quite poorly and we had to get an ambulance for her before the reception which held the reception up by about hour and a half she needed oxygen in the ambulance and refused to spoil our day and miss out on it, then when we had a drive round in the wedding car when i went to get out i banged my head on the door frame and had a huge egg like lump appear on my forehead immediately i hit it that hard i bounced back into the car :laughing: all on the dvd the guy didnt edit it out as he thought it was funny ....:rolleyes: suppose it was but that was before we had any photos done so when i had the big one done for our living room i had to ask him to air brush the lump off my head

xxx

LittleAcorns
18-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Sparkles, what a day hey? hope all was good in the end, your poor mum, and you banging your head...can I see that video :laughing:

Acorns, you are a vision! :)

awwee thank you...but a vision of what?? lol

LittleMissSparkles
18-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Sparkles, what a day hey? hope all was good in the end, your poor mum, and you banging your head...can I see that video :laughing:

awwee thank you...but a vision of what?? lol

if i knew how to load a snippet up for you i would share xxx it was funny, he did some out takes at the end too, he even caught me sneakily trying to pull my pull up stockings up without me knowing lol x

LittleAcorns
18-12-2009, 09:16 PM
if i knew how to load a snippet up for you i would share xxx it was funny, he did some out takes at the end too, he even caught me sneakily trying to pull my pull up stockings up without me knowing lol x

Thanks chick :p

my wedding is on video, lol it was that long ago! teheeee, no hope of that ever being uploaded xx

LittleMissSparkles
18-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks chick :p

my wedding is on video, lol it was that long ago! teheeee, no hope of that ever being uploaded xx

you can have them transfered from video to dvd now Louise :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
18-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Its a long story and I'm tired - will tell you tomorrw - it will be funnish.

Pauline
18-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Its a long story and I'm tired - will tell you tomorrw - it will be funnish.

Thanks for the warning. I will get ready ...... popcorn, drinks and turn the phone off. :laughing:

Tatia
19-12-2009, 07:34 AM
:ROFL1:

I was thinking that, too, Pauline! A comfy chair, a blankie, a light snack...Celine's stories are always good!:D

MarpleJollytots
19-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Hope all goes well on your big day !!!! Have a lovely time xxxxxx

caz3007
19-12-2009, 09:34 AM
My first time round was in the 80's but I didnt have a high neck, I had an off the shoulder number.

My 2nd one was 4 years ago and I had a designer dress from Ebay without the designer price. I loved it , it was pale gold. It did get sold on to another lady as we just dont have the space to store it.

Our day was quite stressful as the whole 2 weeks leading up to it was too. Hubby doesnt have parents and his quite a bit older sister was standing in, but she got rushed into hospital and we didnt think she was going to make the wedding, but they did let her out for a few hours. By the time we got to the actual day, we were soooo tired and DS was a nightmare.

Anyway enjoy your day and have a fab time, I am sure you will

Heaven Scent
19-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh Dear so sorry to disappoint - will try to get time tomorrow - sos

helenlc
20-12-2009, 01:04 PM
I got married 8 years ago in a court house in Pennsylvania - my Dad lives there and we did it over there to avoid the politics and family rows where people dont get on back home (We had a reception back here a week after we got back).

Nothing too eventful - although all the ladies went to the salon and had massages and hair and make up done, then we went to McDonalds!!! We got some strange looks!! My son had a go in an American police car that was parked outside the court house. Both my babies (4 and 1 at the time) looked adorable - my daughter had only started walking 2 weeks before!!

I had a fitted 2 piece outfit - a strapless bodice and long fitted skirt with slight train. It was a cream colour with gold emroidery all over. I had lost 3 stone and dropped 4 dress sizes (16 to 10) before I got married so I wanted a dress that showed off my new shap!!

I still have it hanging in my wardrobe but I cant get in it now as I am almost 2 stone heavier :blush: but am going to address that in the new year.

Not sure if I have pictures on my PC, so will check and maybe post one later.

helenlc
20-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Cant upload any photos :blush:

gegele
20-12-2009, 03:42 PM
i got married 4 years ago. 2months after i bought my dress (which was the 1st one i tried in the first shop!!) i discover i was pregnant with my DD!!

my dress was an empire cut dress so the waist is under the breast i managed to wear it without any change to it except that it looked better when i was a small 12 than my 5months pregnant look but it was ok. if the wedding was a week later i wouldn't have been able to closed it.

we got married in france so we had a wine of honor where everyone and anyon ecan come give you a present and then later a reception for family and friend.
for the reception i had to get change in a little black dress (only fitting dress i had) as the wedding one was too tight with the heat and the rice.

funny moment: when we left the hotel de ville, registry office?, people threw us the traditionnal rice.......i forgot to tell hubby!!! he had a surprised and half LOL it hurts if you don't expect it.!!!!:D

i have it in my wardrobe, i wore it for valentine day thinking i was going to show hubby what the dress should have look like ...but i was still a size 16, barely closed it!!1:o

for our next anniversary hopefully i'll show it to him. lol i'm going to try to put picture
can't upload either

maisiemog
21-12-2009, 12:02 PM
We got married four years ago in the coldest november for years. It was FREEZING!!! I'd wanted a beach wedding in Mexico so I'd chosen a dress to suit that. It was very simple, ivory with embrodiery on it. And cheap...cost me £64 in the monsoon sale. It's up in the loft now. Dont like the idea of anybody else wearing it!

I'm considerably bigger now so not a chance that it'll fit!!!

Bevbeetle
21-12-2009, 01:42 PM
i got married 18yrs ago i had lovely ivory dress, on the day the wedding car broke down we had to walk through town in our wedding clothes everyone was clapping it made the day more special :clapping:

Annie_T
21-12-2009, 09:18 PM
i got married after having my 2 babies - i was 21 then. (9 days before my 22nd birthday)

i sold my dress on ebay not long after i got with my fella now.

it was red, open backed with a lace up bit on back (if makes sense) it has gold, silver & white crystals on the bust area and down centre of the back. had small train - it was infact a ball gown from tk max :o £40 !!

the wedding was really rushed - we decided we get married within a month of getting back together as thought it was only way we stay together .. year later we split (best thing for me tbh)

i wount fit into it now no chnace ive gained some weigh (was a 10 then now a 12)

helenlc
22-12-2009, 09:10 AM
http://s964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/Helen0107/Forum%20pics/?action=view&current=weddingpic1.jpg

Ok so this should be me in my dress!!

Using Photobucket for the first time, so hope it worked!!:blush:

wendywu
22-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Mine was a size 6/8 no way i could ever get back into it now :( :(

My 16 year old tried it on the other day and it fits her :eek:

Cant wait to see you in your dress though.:thumbsup: