PDA

View Full Version : anyone elses schools shut??

kindredspirits
18-12-2009, 11:08 AM
we've got about 3 inches of snow and they've shut all the schools in the area :rolleyes: so i've got my after school boy all day long - couldn't really say no as they are meant to pay tonight for over the xmas hols ;) :laughing:
came this morning and he said 'you'll give him lunch right - thats included?' I said no i was expecting him to bring a lunch box like school. so we've already traipsed out to tescos to get him some lunch and played in the snow - now i've got 2 babies asleep and my ds and after schoolie are watching lazy town with a hot chocolate. :D

beccas
18-12-2009, 11:11 AM
no mine are all at school my mindees wanted to stay at home

Blaze
18-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Aoll ours are closed - we have about 10 inches & I can't play:(

DH is out in it with the kid's as I type - NOT FAIR!

Pipsqueak
18-12-2009, 11:13 AM
ahhh the southern reaction to a bit of snow!! lol

hope you have a lovely day:D

Pipsqueak
18-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Aoll ours are closed - we have about 10 inches & I can't play:(

DH is out in it with the kid's as I type - NOT FAIR!

my sister said where you live is snowed in!

Blaze
18-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Sort of - my kitchen fitters got here!:clapping:

...Don't know if they'll get home though!:laughing:

PS FW says there's a bit more than a foot of snow here.

Daddy Day Care
18-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Some schools are shut, 20 mins before my daughter school was due to start they decided they was going to open.

Only live 5 mins away so wasnt so bad for us, but there was hardly anyone there when we took her.

solly
18-12-2009, 11:24 AM
our local schools are shut which are walking distance for the children whom most live in the village the senior schools which are a bus journey away are open much to my two boys disappointment.

I have got two mindees and will have no school age children as parents are staying at home rather than pay me extra which i dont mind as its an easy day for me:)

Tatia
18-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Our schools were closed, too. Unfortunately, this also meant my centre was closed:( and I was really lloking forward to work today for all the parties we were having! :laughing:

Our council actually had the gonads to say that they won't invest in equipment to deal with snow because it's not good value for money, only being need once or twice a year! :eek: :censored: So none of our roads have been gritted or cleared, jjst driven over into icy slush that is going to freeze to skating rinks by morning. :rolleyes: :panic:

nannymcflea
18-12-2009, 04:47 PM
ahhh the southern reaction to a bit of snow!! lol

hope you have a lovely day:D

Thats what I got asked today.."would your schools have been shut today?"

Everywhere open here, they seem more used to the white stuff and a bit more prepared.

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 04:53 PM
hey i'm a southie and all our schools are still open :D (and we have snow!)

Chell
18-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Some schools are shut, 20 mins before my daughter school was due to start they decided they was going to open.

Only live 5 mins away so wasnt so bad for us, but there was hardly anyone there when we took her.

Looking at the NCC website my children's school seemed to be one of the few in the area still open today! I got them in the car nice and early but we turned back in the end. We are about an hours walk from school so we drive. I got about quarter of the way and decided to turn back, that took me 20 minutes. I came round the roundabout and came home, the traffic the other side of the roundabout wasn't moving at all.

I was concerned that if I did manage to get them to school and got home I might not get back for them. There is a small hill out of our street but cars really struggle to get up it in the snow.

I was gutted that they didn't make it in. They had gifts for their teachers and they usually have lots of Christmas crafts to bring home.