PDA

View Full Version : BEDTIME - NIGHT WEAR

angeldelight
17-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Do you like to be wrapped up warm at night

Or do you sleep in the buff

I always have to have one leg out but the rest of my body covered just incase any one tries to grab me in the night ( of course Enrique can try :laughing: )

I hate to be really hot though

What about you

Angel xx

Minstrel
17-12-2009, 11:46 PM
If i'm cold i always put bed socks on but then about 2 hours later I wake up extremely irritated by them and wriggle them off (can never be bothered to sit up and take them off properly which would be quicker!)

The duvet always has to be up over my shoulders too - can't have a stray arm out :laughing:

weird creatures aren't we, us humans?

wendywu
17-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I always sleep nude:blush:

It has to be freezing for me to wear PJs. I always end up taking them off in the middle of the night because im too hot.:panic:

angeldelight
17-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I always sleep nude:blush:

It has to be freezing for me to wear PJs. I always end up taking them off in the middle of the night because im too hot.:panic:

Spiders get everywhere so I am told

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Blaze
18-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I normally start of clothed & end up nude!;)

....have to have a cold pillow - used to have a chillow - actually - that's something to add to my xmas list as my one gave up the ghost in the summer!:)

Pudding Girl
18-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Spiders get everywhere so I am told

Angel xx
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I like my arms out, then the duvet wrapped over and under my tummy (lie on side) and then my legs out (also have to have one leg half hanging over the side :blush: )

I have to wear leggings that cover most of my legs (and smothered in aqueous) as I get ultra irritated by the duvet/sheets/washing powder etc and it makes my legs itch like mad fury and I can scratch them raw and bleeding otherwise, but not bothered about having top half covered up (tart)

Hubby wraps like a cocoon so it's a bit hard to accomodate our hjabits with one quilt tbh, maybe we should invest in another :D

Heaven Scent
18-12-2009, 12:50 AM
In the winter I have to have PJ's on - I sleep alone quite a few nights in a week and sometimes for months on end when DH is on nights or working away - I do tend to wear PJ's but so long as my back is covered then I'm fine for some reason its that part of me that gets coldest the easiest no matter what the time of year or the weather. If somone would invent some sort of frontless nightie then I'd be fine - I could go to bed almost in the buff - honestly I even need a very very light weight nightie even in the summer my back does get very very cold and it wakes me up.

I have had the odd spate of sleeping naked but they were very short lived - even in the heat of young love & lust when I first met Mr "T" I would go to sleep naked and wake up all nice and warm wrapped around him except for my sleeping back even if we were spooning so just no good got to have the top of my back covered - I think I did try it on our wedding night and a night or 2 at the beginning of our honeymoon cause I thought I should in the interest of having a romantic honeymoon - don't know why I'd bothered as we'd lived together virtually from the moment we met 4 years earlier. - Didn't have a fairytale wedding so probably thought I should do the fairytale honeymoon!!!

Actually there was one time when I slept naked which was when I was pregnant with my DS in the summer of 1995 - a bloomin' heatwave - I was so hot and uncomfortable I would just lie on my bed like a beached whale with a fan blowing on me all night - no hint of a cold back that year - I bet DH couldn't believe his luck - NOT I can just imagine what was going through his mind when he'd walk into his bedroom and see me the huge beached whale lying there instead of the size 10 wife he used to have - I think I looked about to give birth from the moment I found out I was pregnat in March and stayed like that until DS was born at the end of Nov although never been a size 10 since - DS has a lot to answer for. I didn't even sleep naked during the next heat wave in 1997 when I was pregnant with DD I didn't inflate at quite the same rate or to quite the same huge size as I had done with DS - and he was only 6lb4oz but DD was a massive 8LB8oz.

angeldelight
18-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Actually there was one time when I slept naked which was when I was pregnant with my DS in the summer of 1995 - a bloomin' heatwave - I was so hot and uncomfortable I would just lie on my bed like a beached whale with a fan blowing on me all night - no hint of a cold back that year - I bet DH couldn't believe his luck - NOT I can just imagine what was going through his mind when he'd walk into his bedroom and see me the huge beached whale lying there instead of the size 10 wife he used to have - I think I looked about to give birth from the moment I found out I was pregnat in March and stayed like that until DS was born at the end of Nov although never been a size 10 since - DS has a lot to answer for. I didn't even sleep naked during the next heat wave in 1997 when I was pregnant with DD I didn't inflate at quite the same rate or to quite the same huge size as I had done with DS - and he was only 6lb4oz but DD was a massive 8LB8oz.

Oh Celine I do so love your stories

I am laughing my head off here :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xxxx

sue m
18-12-2009, 07:52 AM
I sleep in the nude but if my feet are cold I have to put a pair of socks on. A very attractive look, just as well I sleep alone. :o Like Mistrel, I have to take them off as soon as my feet get warm. I like to snuggle down under the quilt in winter, I have to read before I go to sleep and have to go to sleep on my left side.

angeldelight
18-12-2009, 07:54 AM
I sleep in the nude but if my feet are cold I have to put a pair of socks on. A very attractive look, just as well I sleep alone. :o Like Mistrel, I have to take them off as soon as my feet get warm. I like to snuggle down under the quilt in winter, I have to read before I go to sleep and have to go to sleep on my left side.

Oh I always have to read Sue and I wake to find the book on my face or on the floor where I have dropped it ha ha

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
18-12-2009, 08:03 AM
I have top half covered and electric blanket on!

Hebs
18-12-2009, 08:15 AM
i wear a top but cant bear to wear PJ bottoms cos they wrap around your legs and it's like hudieni trying to get free, does my head in,
my daughter can sleep with pj bottoms on, but my son is like me, he hates it too :laughing:

sonia ann
18-12-2009, 08:29 AM
always sleep naked......I roll around a lot in the night and get tangled up, I also get extremely hot whatever the weather.....I have eczema and its an eczema thing.......I love a cold bed because it is soothing to dry itchy skin:) ...I love the sound of the "chillow"

jelly15
18-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Nightie and knickers, used to sleep nude but as DSs grew up thought I'd better cover up in case duvet slipped off and I can't sleep with door shut, don't want them having nightmares.

Twinkles
18-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Pj's or a smexy nightie if dh is lucky :laughing:

I also have to have a hotwater bottle :blush: my bum is sometimes referred to as the 'frozen south' :rolleyes:

Tatia
18-12-2009, 08:34 AM
For sleeping - PJ bottoms, a matching t-shirt and socks. ;)

Twinkle
18-12-2009, 09:02 AM
I sleep in the nude, can't stand wearing anything in bed. But I too have to have one leg sticking out of the duvet and love a cold pillow. Never heard of a chillow though, will have to do some googling :thumbsup:

angeldelight
18-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Pj's or a smexy nightie if dh is lucky :laughing:

I also have to have a hotwater bottle :blush: my bum is sometimes referred to as the 'frozen south' :rolleyes:

I read that quick and thought you said a " smelly nightie "

Angel xx

estrelas
18-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Depends lol

Normally sleep with nothing on but I love to be hot so always wrap blanket around me then the duvet, Luis thought i was really weird when we first met :laughing:

I also have to sleep with blankets on holiday, In the Algarve last year we slept in seperaqte beds, me with loads of blankets :laughing: , I just love to be snug

maisiemog
18-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I used to sleep in the buff til I had dd. Now I start of nude but when she starts to scream at 2am I put a nightie on and as I usually bring her back into our bed it stays on.

LOOPYLISA
18-12-2009, 09:57 AM
In the buff here too :blush: :thumbsup:

Blaze
18-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Chillow details:

http://www.chillow.co.uk/2008/template/

I prefer the chillow plus as it's easy to clean.

:thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
18-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Chillow details:

http://www.chillow.co.uk/2008/template/

I prefer the chillow plus as it's easy to clean.

:thumbsup:

Ive just ordered one thanks x

Daddy Day Care
18-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Im another who sleeps naked, cant stand a warm bed, has to be cold, constantly turning the pillow over looking for a cold spot.

sarah707
18-12-2009, 12:27 PM
always sleep naked......I roll around a lot in the night and get tangled up, I also get extremely hot whatever the weather.....I have eczema and its an eczema thing.......I love a cold bed because it is soothing to dry itchy skin:) ...I love the sound of the "chillow"

Oh my ds is exactly the same and he has chronic eczema!

He uses a cotton summer weight duvet in winter and just the cotton cover in summer.

I wash his stuff separately without soap on a high temperature, that seems to help.

:D

sweets
18-12-2009, 01:09 PM
im a very cold person and in winter i sleep with..... wait for it.....

long sleeved fleecy jarmies tops and bottoms , i have a 15 tog feather quilt, 2 layers or cellular blankets and a 2 layer (thinish) throw over the top of them. lol. my sister has bought me an electric blanket for christmas, can't wait! lol

LittleAcorns
18-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I sleep with my comfy pjs on, Im quite boring really and love to have a nice bath about 730-8 and get ready for bed with my big fluuffy boot slippers aswell lol

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
18-12-2009, 02:14 PM
i wear a nighty whatever the weather :p

In the summer i have a fan as i hate being hot and in the winter i have to lift and tuck my quilt so no cold air can get in and i can warm up my feet!!

I used to hate the gap you get when you share a quilt so me and hubby have our own quilt :blush: Its great because you can wrap it around you tight in the winter and keep lovely and warm but you can still have cuddles when you want them!:D

TheBTeam
18-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I thought i was just odd sleeping with one or both legs out of the bed, i too hate getting into a warm bed, it has to be cold.

I don't generally wear anything it gets too hot, will very occasionally stick a top on if it gets really cold during the night in winter, as i often have no cover on so it just keeps my back a bit warmer.

Alibali
18-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm a bit of a worrier so always have to wear a nightie, just in case there's a fire during the night or I take ill and have to get the Dr in!

I don't like anything on the bottom half though as it gets all tangled when i turn over.

Mollymop
18-12-2009, 10:06 PM
"in the buff":laughing: :laughing: I haven't heard that in years

I have to sleep with a nighty on

I hate pJ's as I feel all tangled up in them in the night and I hate sleeping in the nod as I worry what I would do if I had to get up in the night with my butt showing and it feels uncomfortable sleeping in the buff for some reason

I always have to have the duvet on me, must be some kind of comfort thing going on

Gizmo
18-12-2009, 10:13 PM
have my jammie top and pants and have to have one leg out of the duvet, when I was a kid a used to sleep in the top bunk with one arm hanging down until one night I felt someone shake my hand then I tucked arms in it was years later I said this to my mum and she said it was her.

sweets
18-12-2009, 10:17 PM
have my jammie top and pants and have to have one leg out of the duvet, when I was a kid a used to sleep in the top bunk with one arm hanging down until one night I felt someone shake my hand then I tucked arms in it was years later I said this to my mum and she said it was her.

:laughing: :laughing: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: thats hilarious!

must have been very scary at the time tho:panic:

Gizmo
18-12-2009, 10:22 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: thats hilarious!

must have been very scary at the time tho:panic:

At the time !! my arms are still tucked under me :laughing:

little miss chatterbox
18-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I sleep in my knickers come winter or summer! can't bear to sleep in the nude but also can't wear pj's (unless I'm cross with dh! ;) )

I too have one leg out of the bed but the rest of me is snuggled up!
DH complains I steal the covers and he hates the gap - maybe we should have a duvet each. Or better still - a bed each!

Blaze
18-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm all for a bed each - lile the Victorians - definately sounds good to me - but have already discussed it with DH & he was not amused!:rolleyes:

daisyboo1980
19-12-2009, 08:41 AM
i always sleep in lovely matching pj
ive a problem with pj's i own abt 40 pairs
everyone laughs at me as they have to match but i just say if there is a fire in the middle of the night and hunky firemen rescue me at least i no i'll look pretty lol

mumof1
19-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I wear pjs, and i have to have blanket round me with feet sticking out at the bottom, cant have them covered for some strange reason! df hates it as he has to have his feet covered and im always pulling blanket up so mine arent lol

LOOPYLISA
19-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm all for a bed each - lile the Victorians - definately sounds good to me - but have already discussed it with DH & he was not amused!:rolleyes:

I said to dh about bunk beds, im on top :clapping: :thumbsup: :blush: ;)

Blaze
19-12-2009, 04:31 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It's a small world
19-12-2009, 07:54 PM
i love my big pjs although hubby always trying to get me in sexy silky pjs. I have to sleep on tummy or side with one leg out on top of the duvet. Also have to cocoon myself which irritates dh more as pinch all the covers...:laughing: :laughing: love my bed :laughing:

helenlc
20-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Full on pjs and bed socks - much to my hubby's disappointment!! They are not flannelette (sp?) but they are long cotton trousers and a vest top.

In the summer I wear short pjs and usually still bedsocks!!! I think I have that raynauds where your extremeties get freezing cold!!

When I worked in Spain 13 yrs ago, I still wore bed socks most nights - i was on a campsite and in a tent so it still got cooler at night time.

DH sleeps in the buff and is forever trying to encourage me to do the same. DS is like me and always has pjs - long or short. DD is like her dad and likes to sleep in as little as possible - she looks so funny when she has nothing on but her bed socks (so maybe a bit like me!). Although if its really cold, she will put pjs on.

suzyblue
21-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I have a boyfriend (and me a nanny!!!) When he stays over I sleep in my sexy silk short (and blooming cold) nighty....when hes not there I have a secret pair of disney pyjamas that he has never seen!!!!:laughing:

Blaze
09-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Seems like I have a few chillow converts!:thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
09-06-2010, 05:24 AM
beeeed....hmmmmmmm i want my beeeeeed

not had any sleep with a poorly ds1 *yaaaawn*

i sleep in my knickers as ds2 has his cot attached to my bed and just "hops on" when he wakes and fanicies a drop of milk :laughing: i adore my quilt - cannot sleep without it, even if im on fire i will have the windows open and fan on but i cant relinquish my quilt.
kids and dp are the total opposite and sleep with no covers at all - dp is just after some though as he is totally nekkid ;) ruuuuuude man! :rolleyes:

The Juggler
09-06-2010, 06:30 AM
i do pj bottoms and a cami top - dh always complains I'm wearing them to fend him off :laughing: :laughing: I'm usually hanging out the bed though

WibbleWobble
09-06-2010, 06:39 AM
i sleep in the buff and i have to have a duvet on me even if its boiling hot. I cant sleep with just a sheet over me or nothing at all, i dream about being nuddy in public places if the duvet slips!

I also have to have my foot touching the edge of the mattress...dont know why

mandy xxxx

ps..when i was married to hubby#1 i wore

pyjamas
knickers
and a dressing gown tied in a reef knot at the front

i wasnt in the mood in those days:blush:

Toothfairy
09-06-2010, 06:50 AM
For 90% of the year I sleep in the nude :blush: but when it is very cold I sleep in a long baggy T-shirt.

I always have to have a foot out of the covers so that I can breath :rolleyes:

If my feet are cold though I can't sleep, so I have one of those bean bag things that you put in the microwave. :D

Trouble
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
i sleep in my hubbys pj top causes its warmer than mine:D

but i have to sleep on my side with one foot over his legs as he has restless leg syn and it stops him kicking me and my hands out to stop them itching:blush:

miss mopple
09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
PJ's for me, or occasionally a nightie. Have to have my shoulders covered and my feet out. I cant stand having anything on my feet at all, even socks. I always have bare feet if I can and they have to be out the covers :D

michellethegooner
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
i love my big pjs although hubby always trying to get me in sexy silky pjs. I have to sleep on tummy or side with one leg out on top of the duvet. Also have to cocoon myself which irritates dh more as pinch all the covers...:laughing: :laughing: love my bed :laughing:

mY dh bought me a lovely silk pj set and we had our silk bedding, went 2 bed that night our duvets and me spent more time hitting the floor than anything else n it wasnt because of any 'action' either safe 2 say I soon reverted back to my 'normal' pjs lol.

i have 2 sleep back facing hubby cant bear breathing on me lol with feet out of duvet :rolleyes:

aly
09-06-2010, 06:43 PM
depends if im in the mood for nookie :blush::blush:

i will lay there nakedwith everything on show waiting for m'lord to come to bed...othertimes I have to have pj's on andduvet upto my neck but half way throughnight ill kick off duvet.l

x

LOOPYLISA
09-06-2010, 06:46 PM

i will lay there nakedwith everything on show waiting for m'lord to come to bed...othertimes I have to have pj's on andduvet upto my neck but half way throughnight ill kick off duvet.l

x

:laughing:

funemnx
09-06-2010, 06:56 PM

Me too Sue, although at the moment, I'm listening my way through DH's books on tape - wake up every morning and rewind the tape back to the beginning again as I keep falling asleep after the 1st sentence!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trouble
09-06-2010, 06:57 PM

x

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
09-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I love it when an amusing thread comes back round :laughing:

I am a nightie (long t shirt) and knickers girl. With more layers if it is cold - which it certainly was in the winter in this old farmhouse with draughty sash windows :rolleyes: Bought a super kingsize duvet which was so thick with the 2 bits poppered together, I couldn't see the TV over it and couldn't breathe :laughing:

We took the summer bit out and it was back to the usual nightie, socks, long sleeved cotton top over nightie, fleece slanket, duvet and fleece blanket on top - It was VERY cold. DH gave in and got me an electric blanket :thumbsup: Just a single one as he is always boiling. It was heaven.

Trouble
09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I love it when an amusing thread comes back round :laughing:

I am a nightie (long t shirt) and knickers girl. With more layers if it is cold - which it certainly was in the winter in this old farmhouse with draughty sash windows :rolleyes: Bought a super kingsize duvet which was so thick with the 2 bits poppered together, I couldn't see the TV over it and couldn't breathe :laughing:

We took the summer bit out and it was back to the usual nightie, socks, long sleeved cotton top over nightie, fleece slanket, duvet and fleece blanket on top - It was VERY cold. DH gave in and got me an electric blanket :thumbsup: Just a single one as he is always boiling. It was heaven.

sounds like me when i go camping full outfit regardless of weather, i hate being cold:panic: :panic:

Annie_T
10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
winter - trackie type pj's

summer - fella's t-shirt hehe & hotpant undies/girls boxers ... soemtimes i do sleep in just my knickers lol (always sleep with them on no matter x

ORKSIE
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I have to wear knickers......i am scared that a phantom ghostie thing may take me in the night:eek: :eek:

nannymcflea
10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
i sleep in my hubbys pj top causes its warmer than mine:D

but i have to sleep on my side with one foot over his legs as he has restless leg syn and it stops him kicking me and my hands out to stop them itching:blush:

Your hubby has my full sympathy. I too suffer from restless leg and dh says I kick him too!(well it's a good excuse!:rolleyes: ) I have to have cold legs to reduce the "fidgets" so like just the edge of the duvet on my side and a leg out.:thumbsup:

Ben10mad
10-06-2010, 08:43 PM
If my partners working away i wear pjs as theirs nobody to keep me warm, If hes at home nude :blush:

ORKSIE
10-06-2010, 08:43 PM
and a leg out.:thumbsup:

:panic: :panic: :panic: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No legs out...The leg monster will get ya:panic:

Tups
10-06-2010, 08:50 PM
p j for me now, ID frighten myself in the buff if i passed a mirror in the night Ha :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2010, 08:51 PM
If my partners working away i wear pjs as theirs nobody to keep me warm, If hes at home nude :blush:

Snap :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
p j for me now, ID frighten myself in the buff if i passed a mirror in the night Ha :laughing: :laughing:

Same here Tups xx

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No legs out...The leg monster will get ya:panic:

The leg monster arrhhhhhh

ORKSIE
10-06-2010, 08:57 PM
The leg monster arrhhhhhh

You got one too Lisa :laughing: :laughing:

sweets
10-06-2010, 09:00 PM
when i was little i remember i was terrified that someone or something would grab my ankles if i got out of bed! :panic: still have to sleep with legs under the duvet, also have to have a quick look in my wardrobe everynight just in case someone is hiding and i have to sleep with the door shut then i will wake up if someone comes in. lol.

in winter i sleep in fleecy pj's and in summer strappy top and shorts.:panic:

also have my leccie blanket in the winter :thumbsup: best thing ever

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
You got one too Lisa :laughing: :laughing:

Yep hes big and hairy :D

ORKSIE
10-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Yep hes big and hairy :D

:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

So's mine:jump for joy:

LOOPYLISA