PDA

View Full Version : How did you meet...........

Tink
17-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Your husband/partner?

My grandma had Alzheimer's and was in a care home. My husband worked there and was really supportive when she got very i'll.
She passed away and he phoned me every day and helped me get through it. He really was fantastic. He left the care home when my grandma passed away as he was too upset.
We had fantastic times together and eventually got married all thanks to my grandma, if it wasn't for her, we would have never met so i'll always be thankful to her.

LOOPYLISA
17-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Hubby fitted my central heating :blush:

ajs
17-12-2009, 04:09 PM
i picked him up in the pub

he was the bar manager and my friend and i used to drive across london to drink there ( they had loads of aussies and kiwis working there ) and we got asked one night to join the staff for a meal. i sat opposite david and his friend the other barman and we got talking

that was 24 years ago. and we've been married nearly 20

solly
17-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I went to a criket dinner & dance with my parents and sat on a table with our neighbours the lady was a hairdresser. I didn't know anyone as we hadn't lived in the area long. My neighbour offered him 2 free haircuts (she used to cut his hair) if he would dance with me:)
I felt really bad at the time as he had taken someone else to the dance and left with me.:panic:

The rest is history as we have been married 18 years and have 3 children:)

kindredspirits
17-12-2009, 04:30 PM
my husband was my driving instructor - he promised to teach me to surf when i passed my test...... took the train 6 hours down to his new flat in devon and over time our friendship blossomed into so much more. i was 17 and was was *ahem* 46. but we have been married 3 years tomorrow so the age difference is not an issue often! :laughing:

littlesprogs
17-12-2009, 04:36 PM
i met him on a internet social networking site.

started talking in february 2006 and met in april 2006 we were both from the same town but when we met he was living in elgin, scotland 500 miles away from our home town lol. he asked me to move in with him and i did in june 2006!!

we have been married 2 years 4 months now

mamasheshe
17-12-2009, 04:42 PM
my partner is my friend older brother i met him when my youngest was 5 months crazy fool (me and my ex had broken up before i found out i was pregnant OOP's) we moved down to norwich together been with each other for two years gone really quickly

maisiemog
17-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I met my hubby at the salvation army! I was made to do my uni placement at their homeless drop in and his dad helped run it. He was shopping in town with his then gf and they came in. We got chatting. His gf became his ex later that day and we had our first date the next evening! Scarily his dad had been tellin me for about a month before that how perfect I'd be for him and was probably planning our wedding before we even made it on our date!

flora
17-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I was nanying for a family and Nige was the builder working on their house.

Met in the may, moved in with him in the august, been happyily together ever since. Been together 11 yrs now nearly 12 :eek:

How time flies :laughing:

singlewiththree
17-12-2009, 05:03 PM
I met my boyfriend on an internet dating site :blush:

cabby
17-12-2009, 05:10 PM
i used to live near a council estate, steve was a painter and decorator and the company he worked for had the contract to paint all the doors and windows on the council houses, me and my friends had to walk past them on our way to school, after a couple of days him and his friend started saying hello to us, he turned up outside my house one night on his motorbike and that was it, 22 years later he's still hanging around:laughing: :laughing:

and i wouldnt have it ant other way:blush:

Hebs
17-12-2009, 05:28 PM
i met my ex at a bus stop :laughing:

jaja
17-12-2009, 05:41 PM
My friend at college set me up on a blind date and they lived 12 miles away so they went to catch thebus but it was late so her older brother offered her a lift to my house, they got dropped off and came to meet me, but he was really horrible:blush: :blush: :blush: then we walked into town and bumped into her brother and i laughed and said i will marry him one day to her and she laughed, then we went to the pub for a drink all together..... it wasnt until three weeks later and we got together after a night out, then he got worried about how right it felt and split up for 6 months but he couldnt forget me and kept phoning up and asking his sister about me all the time and then got back together and now been married 7 years and have two fantastic children.

wouldnt be with out him now xxxx

FussyElmo
17-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Got very drunk at a rugby party and I blame the vodak and J2O for now being married and another 2 children :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It's a small world
17-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Got together through a kind of blind date between a friend and her hubby. My dh was friends with her hubby and we got set up for a meal at their house and the rest is history been married 9 yrs 2 children

jellytot
17-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I have known him since we where about 13. I didnt like him at all :blush: but we had the same friends. He went on and on at me to go out with him. I agreed finally when we were 20 and have not looked back :D

Blackhorse
17-12-2009, 05:56 PM
moved to glasgow....started work in an office..
he was the IT guy and my PC kept breaking...:blush:

then we went on a couple of work night's out and the rest is history

we moved together a day BEFORE we actually got together....as I had to move out of my flat and he was in a shared house / student living thingy.

so we lived together ever since we got together...which will be 7 years in 3 days!! :clapping: :clapping:

still waiting for my engagement ring though!! :eek:

emler
17-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I met my hubby when I was on a girls night out in town with my best friend. We had arranged to meet another male friend of ours in a club - he was there with a couple of his mates. My friend and I were 2 hours late :blush: but they had waited for us. As soon as I met hubby we hit it off & the rest is history!

Bananabrain
17-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Are you sure you want to know? It won't change your opinion of me?:laughing:
He was my 1st husbands best friend. We had an affair.
Yes I have been punished!!!
But in my defence,I always knew I'd married the wrong bloke, 1st one was the original chauvanist {sp} pig and a bit of a waste of space.
I won't say any more than that, I am a respectable childminder you know:laughing:

jelly15
17-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I have known DH since we were in primary school. Got close when we both played darts for the local pub (I was 17 he was 20). Got engaged at 18, married at 19, first DS at 23, second DS at 26. Been happily married for 20 years.:clapping:

tulip0803
17-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I worked for the AA (Automobile Association not the other) and he worked for one of the garages we sub-contracted to. I lived in Kent & he lived the other side of Essex. Spent 3 months talking on the phone and thinking that he sounded nice & he was thinking the same thing. Then he had a conversation with a woman on the other shift with a similar name & she said she was 50 so he thought that I was too or he was speaking to me or something.

He bought chocolates from the garage down to our office and we met for the first time just before xmas went out on a date a few weeks later then he sort of moved in & commuted by valentines day:) . So about 14 years to the day that we first met.:clapping:

Daddy Day Care
17-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Was in a night club, my mate really fancied this girl but was to shy to go and talk to her, so I said id talk to her for him, for the nxt 3 hours I had my tounge down her throat :blush: :blush:

Gareth
xx

sue m
17-12-2009, 07:10 PM
awww, how lovely, you have such a way with words Gareth! :laughing: :laughing:

caz3007
17-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I met my hubby on the internet, he found me, we werent on a dating website.

We met up and he never really went home again. Only spent time apart when I had a pre arranged holiday and during many hospital stays when I was pregnant.

We have been together for nearly 9 years now and still happy

It's a small world
17-12-2009, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=tulip0803;595961]I worked for the AA (Automobile Association not the other) and he worked for one of the garages we sub-contracted to. I lived in Kent & he lived the other side of Essex. Spent 3 months talking on the phone and thinking that he sounded nice & he was thinking the same thing.

Ive seen this before isnt this the Gavin and Stacey story talking on the phone etc etc etc

tulip0803
17-12-2009, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=tulip0803;595961]I worked for the AA (Automobile Association not the other) and he worked for one of the garages we sub-contracted to. I lived in Kent & he lived the other side of Essex. Spent 3 months talking on the phone and thinking that he sounded nice & he was thinking the same thing.

Ive seen this before isnt this the Gavin and Stacey story talking on the phone etc etc etc

Don't know - but we did it first:D do you think we could get royalties:rolleyes: . Strangly enough we now live in Wales:p

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I met hubby at my friends wedding, yes I was the bridesmaid and he was in the TA and it did the ceramonal (sorry so) and I though ohhh he is dishy sucker for a man in uniform. At the reception everyone was having a debate on whether I was wearing tights or sockings and he said I will find out later:blush:

We met up the next day and everyother day after, after 6 months we got engaged and after a year we bought our first house together and a year later we got married. We have been together 15 years and married for 13 years and I love him to bits and wouldn't be without him soppy I know:blush:

After I was ill last year and nearly died I don't know what I would have done without him. I have two beautiful girls that I love to bits.

Thats my soppy bit done for the year. :blush:

Gizmo
17-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I used to go out with dh's best mate and we fell out and I got together and moved in with DH 1 week later :blush: We have now been together 14 years married for 11 and 2 kids. His ex best mate still draws us dirty looks when he sees us :laughing:

Ripeberry
17-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I met my husband in November 1993. I was quite shy then and hated going to pubs. I had tried blind dates from the newspapers but most of the blokes were quite scary or had big hangups :panic:
So I decided to try Dateline and it was the best thing I ever did :thumbsup: We've been married for 9yrs next April, but were living together from 1994.

Trouble
17-12-2009, 08:13 PM
on a blind date:blush: in the back of a car:laughing:

will be married 17 years in jan:D

Amaranth
17-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I met my hubby in a nightclub. I was with my friend and I wanted to dance to a song she did not want to dance to. I told her not to talk to any dodgy blokes while I was not with her! :laughing: She started to talk to a guy who was in a band and he introduced us to his band mates (one of them now my hubby). They were just about to go on tour so didn't see him again for over a month but we got together straight away after that.
My Grandma (who I was very close to and who was really ill at the time) died the day after we got together and I have always said she must have known I was going to be happy :) She was very vocal about my boyfriends and told me exactly what she thought of them! :laughing:

We have been married for 11 years now :thumbsup: (btw, the guy who introduced us was our best man!)

PixiePetal
17-12-2009, 08:25 PM
In the local pub.

I was a live in nanny and used to go to the pub with the neighbour of the family I worked for and their au pair. ( he was happily married at the time - I kept au pair company :) )

He said what I needed to do was to meet myself a nice local farmer - so I did!!

Met when I was 19, he was 18. Year together, 3 - 4 years apart :( (well officially apart :blush: ) then back together in 1989 when I moved in with him 6 months later and changed nanny job. Married, eventually in 1993. Now living at the farm :)

I knew he was the one for me :blush: He needed convincing :laughing:

Minstrel
17-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Worked at Woolworths with his mum. Got drunk at the christmas party and told her I really fancied her son. She gave me his number and we went out.

First time we....ahem...were together..... I got pregnant..... and I had our son. Now have two boys and getting married next week. :clapping:

louise
17-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Meet him at work. We were 17. I liked him tried to pull him at the works xmas do 9 yrs ago but he was so drunk he went home. He asked me if i wanted to join him for a xmas eve drink but i chickened out. Somewhere between this he told me he liked one of the other girls we worked with. I said ill see what she thinks of him and asked for his number. Short story is they got together :( :( :( we texted through it all, all inoccent to start with. He finished it with her. Oh dear he doesnt sound to good. Any way we got together a week later. Was hell at work and college(me and girl went to same one). They kindly put bets on how long we'd be together well here we are 8 1/2 yrs later. Saw the ex other day and got shot a look.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
17-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I met my husband when we were at primary school we were about 8 years old!!

I then moved away from the area for 5 years and then returned and met up with him again we got together but split up just before he went in the army.

I was with his best friend for nearly 3 years and then just after we split up my husband wrote to me (he was on tour) and when he came back on leave 2months later we met up (funnily enough it was on the 17 th december!!) and have been together for 8 years now, married for 6 1/2 years.

Heaven Scent
18-12-2009, 01:17 AM
I met DH at a "Moody" Night Club in the basement of the Landsdown Hotel in Fallowfield in Manchester in 1988 I cant remember the name and its been bugging me for a few years now - so if anyone lived in Manchester at the end of the 80;s or early 90's and they know the name of the club then please please tell me!!! I actually didn't know the name of the Hotel - DH remembered that and that is really bad cause historically its the woman who remembers these things.

I have to say I didn't fancy him at all - not even one tiny iota - I had just come back from having been in the states for a month (well 2 days before) and was all cocky and chilled - and dressed from head to toe in clothes I'd bought there in factory outlets in San Francisco and in Down Town New York. My friend that I had gone there with had been asked to dance and I was just sitting people watching with my feet up on another chair when he and his friend caught my eye all dressed up in a shirt, tie and blazer, he was with a slightly smaller guy wearing similar clothes but no blazer and I was just thinking to myself what a blooming yuppie pozer all too cool to work up a sweat dancing. I suppose I'd only lived here for a year and hadn't really clocked the idea that dancing wasn't a desirable pass time for lots of english men. Anyhow, as luck would have it he looked over in my direction and caught me looking at him and I just thougth oh S*** I bet he thinks I fancy him so I just screwed up my face and stuck my tongue out at him - well it must have done something for him cause here we are still together over 21years, 2 kids, 3 houses (not all at the same time) and a 16 year old diabetic cat later. It defies logic doesn't it!!!!

mumof1
18-12-2009, 07:59 AM
I love reading all the stories of how ppl meet!

I met df in a carpark lol, me and my friend where standing outside a pub deciding how we were getting home, and these to blokes came over to us, 1 of them was walking my way (only round the corner) when my friend got a taxi me and 1 of the blokes walked it, when i got to my house the bloke tried to kiss me and i closed the gate on his face lol, little did i know that my friend had given my phone number to his friend and he rang me the nxt day lol we have been together ever since. And it was funny but 4 years ago we went to the wedding of the guy who walked me home and tried to kiss me lol

estrelas
18-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Was in a night club, my mate really fancied this girl but was to shy to go and talk to her, so I said id talk to her for him, for the nxt 3 hours I had my tounge down her throat :blush: :blush:

Gareth
xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

estrelas
18-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I still find it embarrasing to admit where me and mine met!

I have never told anyone, i will confess all on my wedding day if we get there lol
We've been together three years now and probably shocked alot of people that we are still together x

devoncm
18-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Marc wasactually going out with my friends sister at the time, they kind of had an on off relationship that everyone could see wasnt going to work except her, my friend was also sleeping with him cos his gf was accusing him of it anyway so being a man he thought he may as well, not painting a good picture i know, and every time i saw him i thought what the hell did my friend see in him.

Anyway we were both on this dating site not looking for anything in particular, and i came across his profile and thought it sounded alot like him, so anyway we got talking he didnt know it was me although i had a profile pic of me and kind of went from there, me and my friend were going out one night and was his birthday he said he was going out, his then gfwent home early and we kinda got it together, my friend didnt like it as they wernt 'seeing ' eachother no more so needless to say we are not friends anymore, all her family said we wouldnt last but were still going strong,

Wasa bit hard in beginning with the ex but all not too bad now, we are at least civil to eachother and her sister doesnt like it the most i tink cos im having his baby, i think she was pregnant with his once but she realisedcould could like his son so she got rid, of course she told a different story.

TheBTeam
18-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Started chatting to my dh on a cb radio, whilst sitting in the front cab of my dads lorry, dh then tracked the signal down using his cb and drove round with a cup of tea, after i had flirted saying 'ooh make me one' to him and his mate, so they did and then drove it to me and went home and came back with the chocolate cake. This was when I was 15 and he came to see me a few times over the following couple of weeks and then he fell off of the back of a lorry and bust his leg and had to have pins inserted into the top of it, so i went to see him at his house and we have been together ever since, that was May 1982.

mumof1
18-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I still find it embarrasing to admit where me and mine met!

I have never told anyone, i will confess all on my wedding day if we get there lol
We've been together three years now and probably shocked alot of people that we are still together x

O im so interested now, please tell us???? It couldnt be that embrassasing :rolleyes:

sonia ann
18-12-2009, 04:14 PM
met my hubby September 24th 1981 on a blind date arranged by each of our best friends who were going out together.I was nursing in London and we went out to a pub somewhere along the Mall......I got very merry and fell down a kerb in the rain and ended up sitting in the gutter and got very wet!!.....when we got back to the nurses home I had to get out of my wet clothes:blush: ..............................................the next day he sent me a dozen red roses:blush: .....we have been married 26yrs now with 4 gorgeous kids..........and although I grumble about him I still love him to bits

our two best friends aren't together anymore;)