PDA

View Full Version : b23 or eyfs

JO S
06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't if this has been answered before but I am a bit confused, I don't really know much about b23 except what I have seen on here and on sure start website. (I don't have a pack and can't seem to get hold of one) I haven't had any eyfs training yet either. I do have an eyfs pack but am a bit baffled, which one will ofsted be expecting me to be working to? I'm guessing it will be b23 until sept but as i say I've no training on this. I'm kind of in the middle so not sure what I should be doing.
Sorry so long winded.

Jo. x

crazybones
06-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Ok bearing in mind I have already opened the wine. I think it depends when your inspection is due. If B4 Sept then its B23 if after Sept then you can start working towards EYFS. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :D

Annie x

JO S
06-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I was registered in Dec 07 so they'll probably be here before sept. Better get reading up on b23 then!

sarah707
06-03-2008, 07:17 PM
There is a lot of helpful stuff here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Not sure where Angel's stickys have gone... will see if I can find them later. :D

katickles
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm the same as you. When i did the course last year nothing was even said about birth to three matters. I rang to get the pack & got the eyfs one instead.

I did my induction to eyfs at the weekend. When asked about which we should be doing at the moment the lady doing the training said that anybody due an inspection before easter should be working towards birth to three, for the others she said that we could start implimenting the new eyfs.

I think that for those of us that are just setting out, then the whole eyfs isn't going to be such a bad thing (only because like i said, just had the induction) Have you had your induction to the eyfs yet? :)

angeldelight
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
The birth to three stuff has gone and im unsure why

If anyone does want it I think I have it so pm your email addy and I will send it to you

xxx

deeb66
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I was registered in Dec 07 so they'll probably be here before sept. Better get reading up on b23 then!

If they don't get to you by the end of march they probably (I do say probably & not definately!) won't be out before September.

Ofsted are having their training on EYFS between April & August and are planning to re-start the inspection process in September.

Spangles
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I mentioned that to my dev officer and she said it wasn't the case, they would still be doing inspections so don't know what to believe now!

I know what I want to believe though!!!

deeb66
08-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I mentioned that to my dev officer and she said it wasn't the case, they would still be doing inspections so don't know what to believe now!

I know what I want to believe though!!!

I have been told that they will only be doing 'essential' inspections and by that they mean problem cases !

Lou
08-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I have been told that they will only be doing 'essential' inspections and by that they mean problem cases !

I have heard the same Dee!!!!

bubbly
08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I wonder if I'll be getting my first ever inspection or not then :eek:

I hate all this not knowing

deeb66
08-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I wonder if I'll be getting my first ever inspection or not then :eek:

I hate all this not knowing

I know....it is really frustrating isn't it:(

It would have been better if ofsted were a little more forthcoming and letting everyone know.....

I know that you are not supposed to know exactly when the inspection will be but this situation has really left newly registered minders hanging on a hook!

Spangles
09-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I hope that's true!

But, if this is the case I have a bit of a worry!

Next week I have got all three children I care for but am obviously not going to be inspected then as I have had no calls. For the remaining weeks of March though I will only have a 12mth old for 3 hours two days a week and one of the weeks I won't have any chidlren.

Will this affect the grading I can get? Obviously it will if they come the week I have none! But if they come the week I've only got a 12mth old will that affect it as I can't do much with him so will mainly just be playing with him and chatting to the inspector plus s/he won't be able to ask him any questions!!!!!

deeb66
09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I hope that's true!

But, if this is the case I have a bit of a worry!

Next week I have got all three children I care for but am obviously not going to be inspected then as I have had no calls. For the remaining weeks of March though I will only have a 12mth old for 3 hours two days a week and one of the weeks I won't have any chidlren.

Will this affect the grading I can get? Obviously it will if they come the week I have none! But if they come the week I've only got a 12mth old will that affect it as I can't do much with him so will mainly just be playing with him and chatting to the inspector plus s/he won't be able to ask him any questions!!!!!

Lorri

If they come and you have no children then they will grade you as Satisfactory because they don't see you interact with the children. There has been a huge debate over this about how unfair it is and some inspectors over the country has graded higher even if no kids were there at the time of the inspection but a huge majority of them will not!.

If you have the baby it will be ok....it doesn't matter what age the children are they just want to see you looking after and interacting with a child so i wouldn't worry.

I have to say that if an inspector hasn't contacted you by now with regards to the inspection then you probably won't get a call anyway!........I do say probably but not definately so don't get your hopes up too much......it really does depend on how busy they are in your area!

Spangles
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks Dee.

To be honest with you deep down I do want to be inspected so that I know I'm on the right tracks and so I have a grading to give to the parents I will just have to wait and see what happens.

It's annoying though because if they're not going to inspect me until September I wouldn't have to be confused about B23 and could get on with blinking EYFS!!!

Oh well, there you go!

deeb66
09-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks Dee.

To be honest with you deep down I do want to be inspected so that I know I'm on the right tracks and so I have a grading to give to the parents I will just have to wait and see what happens.

It's annoying though because if they're not going to inspect me until September I wouldn't have to be confused about B23 and could get on with blinking EYFS!!!

Oh well, there you go!

If you really want the inspection to be done then you could always ring them and ask them to come!

At least you will know that it is over and done with!

Spangles
09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Oooh! I'm not that desperate! ha ha!

deeb66
10-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Oooh! I'm not that desperate! ha ha!

Now you do surprise me http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/b-wink.gif

miffy
10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
I was told by my inspector in feb that ofsted were trying to get all inspections done by the end of march and that between then and sept only essential inspections would be carried out as they needed to concentrate on eyfs training.

Certainly in this area some inspectors have been making appointments to inspect and in one case the cm was told how long the inspection would be - presumably because they don't want any failed appointments.

I am really glad mine is over and think it's not fair on those of you left not knowing what's going to happen - although I'm with Lorri I wouldn't ring them :laughing:

Miffy xx