PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Overload!

Sarah41
16-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi I am recently registered and am looking after 2 3 year olds and a 5 year old. I am totally confused about what paperwork I HAVE to do and have to show at inspection. I've done my contracts, my child record forms and keep my attendance sheets up to date. I do a daily diary (which I don't even think the parents look at!) but have not really started doing any observations as it seems such a daunting task and I don't know where to start. Can someone clarify what I actually HAVE to do and show so I know that I'm doing it right. My brain feels like its melting. By the time I finish at 6.30 I am normally so tired that starting paperwork is the last thing on my mind.

Thanks in advance
Sarah :laughing:

Tatjana
30-12-2009, 06:50 PM
You should try and make a start on some obs as this is the best way to show Ofsted evidence of following the EYFS.

Don't be put off by the parents not reading the diary, I'm pretty sure one set of my parents don't either...but it really helped at my inspection and the inspector took lots of notes from it and commented on how good it was :thumbsup:

xx

grindal
31-12-2009, 06:14 AM
I get my parents to sign the weekly diary - so it at least looks lik they are reading it

Annie_T
01-01-2010, 01:13 PM
obs are easy beleive me - i thought no i cant do them but went on a course and now they a doddle haha

i did post the bits up somewhere so others can do obs and not be scared so to speak

you must do at least 1 ob a month per child (what i was told)

i try to find them hun and post the link here for you

Annie_T
01-01-2010, 01:17 PM
here is link

it tells you what obs are what .. have click links - need more help pm me hun

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42861

Chatterbox Childcare
01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
You have the basic paperwork in place but you need to cover the EYFS with all of your children until the 31st Aug after their 5th birthday.

Ofsted want to see a starting point so use your EYFS pack/disc and see what each child can and cannot do. Don't worry about planning at this age/stage, just go about your normal routine and write down on post it notes when you see something.

The more you use the pack the more you will know what you are after.