PDA

View Full Version : Advice for 2 visits on monday.

shelly03
16-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Please can you give me some advice on parents visiting. I have two familys visiting on monday late afternoon (different times). My worries are that this is only the second meeting I have had. The first one took 6 weeks to get back to me and said she decided not to go back to work. I had all my toys out and age appropriate for the child at the time for that visit. However this time with it being Christmas I have a very big real Christmas tree up with lots of presents underneath and my usual decorations. I have overloaded my sleep room with presents and wrapping paper. My daughter is 6 and therefore she is ok with presents and not touching decorations etc. I have put my sand table and big toys away until after christmas.I really didnt expect any meetings before then. I dont want the parents to think my house isnt child friendly but really dont want to rearange it all back as It would be a nightmare. What do you think? How do you cope with Christmas and meetings? The chidren that are coming are 8 months and 2.5 years. I sometimes think I get a bit too concerned about things any advice is appreciated.:)

caz3007
16-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I would explain to them what activities you offer, such as the sand/water table and explain that due to space at this time of the year they are packed away, but by the time the children start, everything will be up and running. Also let them know that you dont have any smallies at the moment, so thats why you have been able to set your room up as it as at the moment, but assure them all will be fine before start date.

I am sure that anyone would make allowances for things that we have in our homes at this time of years.

Good luck x

Blackhorse
16-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I had a parent visiting yesterday and I didnt have many toys out.
I never put out toys just for parents...whatever the kids were playing with or doing is out the rest is away.

I am not a toy store or a nursery but a childminder working from my home...

it is childfriendly...they can see the kids are happy
christmas tree is out and so are the decorations.....

I stopped worryig about these things a while ago and it is working fine for me.
the house is clean and christmassy......and you can tell it is inhabited by children. No more no less...iyswim

Good luck with your meetings! I am sure they will go well

angeldelight
16-12-2009, 11:26 AM
If everything is put away for the time being then just explain and be honest you are a normal family about to enjoy christmas

Parents are normal like the rest of us so dont worry

I only get a few toys out anyway and do not let the new children loose in the play room - nooooooo way :laughing:

Also it will be up the parents to watch them and make sure they do not touch anything they are not your responsiblity at the moment - hopefully they will be

I would also ask if they could let you know after the christmas break what they decide because you do not want to be waiting for 6 weeks to see if they want to use your service do you?

If they do decide to use you then tell them to pop around with a deposit that will be none refundable if they change their mind and to sign contracts

Relax you will be fine

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xxx

Tatjana
18-12-2009, 03:51 PM
I had a parent meeting last week and explained that there weren't as many toys out as usual because we'd cleared space for the Christmas tree...parents were fine with it, lo started this week.

xx