PDA

View Full Version : 1st inspection on thursday and worried I dont have enough paperwork!!!

LittleStar's
15-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Ofsted inspector has rung today and she is coming on thursday afternoon!

My policies and RA'S are all fine, (i think ) just got to do my christmas tree one! ( i knew I should have waited till weekend to put it up! )

But im unsure of my paperwork in the individual files , I have my observations and thats it really! I do group planning and write underneath that it is linked to J's observation with the date of the observation on, but I dont do individual planning. I have applied for a variation so I need to get a grading of GOOD !

Should I be doing something else in their individual files???

any tips would be great, and I am just off to the inspection tip section now!!!

I have not been able to concentrate on anything since she rang!!!

Thanks x x x

Zoomie
15-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Are yu having a full grading inspection, or just a mini inspection for your variation.

I have had both in the last 6 weeks.

If it is a mini inspection, mine lasted less than 30 mins, and she didn't look at anything. Just reconfirmed a few things (mine and mindee children, & ages / times), saw me with mindees who were present and was gone.

Grading inspection, was 2.25h long, but your paperwork sounds fine. I didn't always have next steps (where ones were relevant) for some of my obs, and I also didn't have any planning done, but in effect these next steps are some of your planning, and the resources you put out are also planning.

Try to relax and good luck (I know you wont but it has to be said)

LittleStar's
15-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Well she said that she may as well do them at the same time! So yeah I got the full inspection!

Thanks , I just thought i had lots of files with only a few pages in each, but I suppose they will fill up soon!

All my obserations have next steps so that is my individual planning then.

Thanks for your reply, I think im just worrying because I feel I have to worry before inspection iyswim .

I think I had better go to bed! :laughing:

Cazz
16-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Just wanted to say good luck for Thursday.

I should be getting "the call" after Christmas so I'll be spending my week off getting paperwork sorted so I'll probably be on here asking for advice too!

Let us know how you get on.

LittleStar's
16-12-2009, 07:54 AM
I will do, Thankyou x x x

sarah707
16-12-2009, 08:02 AM
So long as you can talk clearly about the paperwork you have in place and explain how you intend to extend it over time you'll be fine.

The inspector will probably use it as one of your action points if you've mentioned it yourself.

Good luck! :D

Mollymop
16-12-2009, 08:03 AM
I am sure you'll be fine.

Good luck for Thurs! x

angeldelight
16-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I think everyone feels nervous and its natural

Concentrate on what you do know and make sure you talk to her about it so she knows this

Good luck you will be fine

Angel xxx

bexx
16-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Oooooh, we're like Inspection twins! I have my inspection tomorrow too.I don't think it matters how much paperwork you have, just that you are observing regulary. I have put mine in the child's individual folder, and put dividers in for each area of learning. I put the obs in the most obvious area. Then at the front of this section I have a simple 3 column table with Next step (which I copy down from each obs), date achieved and comments (in case there is anything I need to remind myself of later.
I have no idea if this is OK, but someone on the forum said as long as you can show progress for each child. So I think this does this. Have you got starting points? I have a small All About Me book for each child with likes dislikes and special people etc, and the parents should fill these in before they start at the setting. I know the inspectors like starting points. I got caught out with this last time!

Mollymop
17-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Good luck for today!:)