PDA

View Full Version : Won't be able to do my DHC

claireodon
15-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I am really upset as I've just discovered that when I was burgled about 2 months ago, the burglars must have taken my driving licence and passport (they took my handbag and those things must have been in it). I am due to do my DHC exam tonight and I'm not gonna be able to do it because I haven't got any photo id now. My Ofsted inspection is due after Christmas and I'm really worried I am gonna get unsatisfactory because I won't have done the exam within 6 months of registering. :(

mama2three
15-12-2009, 03:56 PM
oh what a nightmare. my exam is tomorrow - noone mentioned needing to see ID but will take some with me just in case.

venus89
15-12-2009, 04:10 PM
i DON'T THINK THE INSPECTOR WILL HOLD IT AGAINST YOU AT ALL IF YOU EXPLAIN. Soorry for caps. As for tonight, try phoning your local NCMA branch andexplain. There may be some way they can help you and if you can't do it tonight there'll be another opportunity after Christmas for you to do it

Zoomie
15-12-2009, 04:13 PM
take every conceivable piece of id you can with you.

birth cert
marriage cert
police report of theft
child benefit / ir letters
even old passport.

you can only try

grindal
15-12-2009, 04:36 PM
When I did my exam we were told we needed photo id - but one of the women on my course forgot hers. he was in a right old state about it, but noone asked to see it anyway. If possible, can you phone the college and explain this to your tutor before the exam? If you have registered at the college and your tutor is in the exam then you should not need to show id as she will already know you.