PDA

View Full Version : some ideas for hubby;s birthday presents

ajs
15-12-2009, 01:06 PM
please

he is buying himself a new laptop but i would love to buy somehting for him to open on sunday,
any ideas

Trouble
15-12-2009, 01:19 PM
aftershave

you with a bow?

alchol

something to go with his new laptop, mouse mat, mouse (posh one)

Sweeties xxx

LOOPYLISA
15-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Whats his hobbys ???

mama2three
15-12-2009, 01:40 PM
is there any software he wants for the laptop? or a case ?
what about something like theatre tickets , something you could go to together?

ajs
15-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Whats his hobbys ???

he doesn't really have hobbies he is doing a masters degree and doesn't have much spare time, he has just bought himself a new camera so i may see if he wants any accessories for that too
software for the pooter is a good idea but i have no idea what he would need until he buys it

madasahatter
15-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Don't mean this in a funny/wierd way but what sort of gifts does he usually buy you?
You read so many posts about partners buying useful but unromantic gifts eg a set of pans or an ironing board. If he's guilty of that I would buy him a set of drill bits, some printer inks or something equally useful :laughing: :littleangel:

grindal
15-12-2009, 01:48 PM
How about a meal out for both of you or a trip to the theatre or cinema - my husband often gets treats for both of us for his Birthday - and oddly usually for things that I want to see :blush:

ajs
15-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Don't mean this in a funny/wierd way but what sort of gifts does he usually buy you?
You read so many posts about partners buying useful but unromantic gifts eg a set of pans or an ironing board. If he's guilty of that I would buy him a set of drill bits, some printer inks or something equally useful :laughing: :littleangel:

its a good question cos he is the one who buys me nit combs and ironing boards as a joke but he is the most generous man, and very romantic too, which is why he is hard to buy for.
i know he needs a watch but he's very fussy about what it looks like so i would need him to come with me to buy it
keep em coming though

louise
15-12-2009, 08:14 PM
How about buying him one of those kids watches you know the party bag ones. That way he has something to open.

Carpet Monkeys
15-12-2009, 08:51 PM
A tripod for the camera, a usb light for the laptop, or a usb hoover for the laptop, a tray with built in fan for the laptop, to prevent overheating, a camera case.

wendywu
15-12-2009, 09:54 PM
How about a mouse mat with your wedding picture on it or a photo of your girls on it. Or the same pictures on a mug.

A book on photography. A waterman pen, a fancy memory stick ( you can get them all shapes now a days )

A Tag or Rolex :laughing:

Some calvin klein ( photo needed as proof of purchase ) :thumbsup:

ajs
15-12-2009, 09:57 PM
How about a mouse mat with your wedding picture on it or a photo of your girls on it. Or the same pictures on a mug.

A book on photography. A waterman pen, a fancy memory stick ( you can get them all shapes now a days )

A Tag or Rolex :laughing:

Some calvin klein ( photo needed as proof of purchase ) :thumbsup:

not sure the bank account will run to a tag or rolex but maybe a timex will do

love the idea of the mouse mat with a picture on, i wonder if i can get one done by saturday

miffy
15-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Surely Anne Summers has something suitable;)

Miffy xx

Trouble
15-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Surely Anne Summers has something suitable;)

Miffy xx

then you could put picture on mouse mat:D

FizzysFriends
15-12-2009, 10:03 PM
a laminator :blush:

ajs
15-12-2009, 10:04 PM
then you could put picture on mouse mat:D

erm not sure about that one
the mouse mat would have to be very big to fit my backside onto it

thanks for that miff, what you getting for your birthday or shall i start another thread for mr miffy to get ideas from

wendywu
15-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I have just ordered some cleaning cloths for glasses, camera lenses or mobile screens , with a photo printed on them, from Amaranth on here. Only £3.00 that would have been another good present.

I think she does mouse mats as well, she could courier it to you Mandy:)

Blaze
15-12-2009, 10:42 PM
A pole?;) :D

Think the mouse mat is a good idea - I know boots do an express service if you go in - but I'm sire Amarath could sort something to get to you if you pay for Saturday postage.

...Also think the idea of a toy watch is good & a note saying you'll take him shopping so he can choose a real one.:thumbsup: xx

Oh & PS - you have a lovely ****!

Blaze
15-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Ummm - that reads wrong - the starr's were another word for behind!:D

cherry
16-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I was bought one of these and I love it :laughing:

How about one for his new computer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=laptop+trays&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=4936727979&ref=pd_sl_1k49lsgefm_e

angeldelight
16-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I was bought one of these and I love it :laughing:

How about one for his new computer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=laptop+trays&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=4936727979&ref=pd_sl_1k49lsgefm_e

Which one do you have Cherry?

Looks a good idea

Angel xx

cherry
16-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Sorry, I was a bit misleading. I've got one but not this model, I'm afraid I can't find the one I have.

Angel, I've sent you the info of the one I have.