PDA

View Full Version : TURKEY ............

angeldelight
15-12-2009, 07:17 AM
No not you :laughing: :laughing:

Do you all have turkey for your christmas lunch ?

Fresh or frozen - whole turkey or crown ?

Or do you not like Turkey or do you have a bit of everything beef etc

How do you like to cook your turkey - I know in the oven :laughing: but do you cook it the day before or christmas morning ?

Do you have stuffing with it - now now no rude comments from you lot :laughing:

Angel xxx

Gizmo
15-12-2009, 07:25 AM
I love turkey get a full fresh one from my dad who is a butcher he also makes the best stuffing.
We cook it on Christmas morning I just think the smell of the turkey cooking adds to Christmas
On Christmas morning we have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Starter - Prawn cocktail
Main - Turkey and all the trimmings
Pud- Cheese and crackers

Cant wait yum yum

angeldelight
15-12-2009, 07:27 AM
I love turkey get a full fresh one from my dad who is a butcher he also makes the best stuffing.
We cook it on Christmas morning I just think the smell of the turkey cooking adds to Christmas
On Christmas morning we have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Starter - Prawn cocktail
Main - Turkey and all the trimmings
Pud- Cheese and crackers

Cant wait yum yum

Yum Yum indeed Joy :laughing:

Angel xxx

charleyfarley
15-12-2009, 07:27 AM
I cook for millions at xmas.

We have turkey, beef, treacle covered gammon and honey roasted gammon all on xmas day. Haven't decided on which 2 stuffings I'm doing yet, need to get the recipe books out tonight I think.

Beef and gammons will be cooked on xmas eve while the turkey will be cooked on the big day :thumbsup:

Carol xx

miffy
15-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Turkey for us, cooked Christmas Day, with all the trimmings - love it!

Got beef and gammon too this year but might do those on Boxing Day.

Miffy xx

estrelas
15-12-2009, 07:44 AM
I haven't cooked a christmas dinner yet :blush: :blush:
We always go to my brothers, next year will be my turn tho

We have a platter early on with hams, chorizo, prawns, salmon etc yum yum

then later on turkey and gammon this year i think
We have family over for portugal so we're doing more traditional for their benefit

Hmmmmmm hungry now :laughing:

sonia ann
15-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Huge turkey crown , cooked Christmas day with all the trimmings and then beef ,gammon and turkey cold with mash, salad and pickles on Boxing day...........I love Boxing day dinner:)

kindredspirits
15-12-2009, 08:09 AM
i don't like turkey :blush: my husband used to buy the biggest one in the shop - but for the last few years we've had a little chicken breast. we're giving up on christmas this year is the last year - next year we're going to celebrate life and a yule type thing but def. no christmas - we don't believe in Jesus so it all feels very hypocritical. :D

i do remember though, 3 years ago my dh was ill in bed xmas eve and i was cooking the turkey - had to lift it out of the oven to drain the juices as it was bubbling over - i was 7 months pregnant and this turkey was probably about 40 lbs! :laughing: took hours!!!

LOOPYLISA
15-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Don't know, havnt asked the chef :laughing:

Hubbys cooking xmas dinner :clapping:

What i do know is its bucks fizz for breakfast, won a huge bottle sat nite :thumbsup:

sweets
15-12-2009, 08:15 AM
we have turkey and beef that are cooked on christmas day, my mum and sisters back doors are very close so we could one in each house and run between the two! lol.

i usually miss out on the beef though as all my family like it pink.(yuk) so i just have turkey which i love.

sarah32
15-12-2009, 08:16 AM
My husband gets a free hamper from work every year so not sure what were getting but last couple of years its been turkey and Pork.

normally leave to hubby to cook as still cant cook a roast and get the timmings rights.:laughing:

Blackhorse
15-12-2009, 08:23 AM
we have a fresh turkey...whole thing
will make sage and onion stuffing with it.

roast and mashed potatoes, vegetables

then we will have a homemade sherry trifle
and dp wants me to make a yule log...:-)

but we have this all on the 24th for dinner as this is when we celebrate xmas...(tradtion from austria but the food is what is served in britain..so this is our compromise)
then on the 25th we will go to his parents house and bring some cookies and yule log....and have to endure his dad's shockingly bad cooking...(and I am not a fussy person...it just really is aweful..not just me who sais that...not to him of course..)

PixiePetal
15-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Turkey and all the trimmings. Cooked Christmas Eve as I never get up early enough on the day and DH has to work by 3pm and wants to eat before that. He is a farmer and cows still need milking :)

Fresh - he is at another farm gutting as we speak :D Usually a 'casualty' -one with a small bruise or wing damaged, much cheaper as they can't supply butchers with these ones.

Slice on the day, in roasting tin with some gravy, foil over and in oven to heat. All other stuff freshly done with the help of M&S :laughing:

Prob a choc pud, fudge cake or something

Twinkle
15-12-2009, 08:34 AM
We have smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels for brekkie with buck's fizz.

We always have a turkey crown. pork and lamb for my daughter who doesn't like anything other than lamb. My sister is a veggie and makes loads of gorgeous veggie dishes too. Both of us are rubbish at stuffing etc so we always buy it in.

Can't wait!!

peanuts
15-12-2009, 09:14 AM
i'm dont like turkey so i have chicken while everyone has turkey, i just dont like the taste of turkey and prefer chicken.

ajs
15-12-2009, 09:38 AM
we usually have a whole turkey and all of the trimmings but this year i think i may buy a crown ( well i'll look on the day i am buying to see what is available)

we also have smoked salmon and bagels and bucks fizz Christmas morning then a late lunch.
i cook the turkey on the day as i think it harbours too many germs if you start the cooking on low heat the day before.
i think i may buy a beef joint too this year for boxing day

we always have a ham joint on Christmas eve and there will be loads left for sandwiches Xmas day night or boxing day.

ooh the one thing i love about Christmas is the food yum yum

RainbowMum
15-12-2009, 09:40 AM
We have Turkey - DH gets it through work - its a local free range Norfolk Black and is yummy! Mum is coming this year so she has to bring her sausage meat stuffing as its the best! Red cabbage, sprouts, carrots and broccoli, roast parsnips in maple syrup, bread sauce etc - Cooked on the day but veg prepared the night before - Love it - but must remember to update the Tesco home delivery or we will just have turkey and parsnips!:laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
15-12-2009, 10:05 AM
We have a huge crown to feed 7 of us ( always have my parents ) and all the trimmings, usually do a salmon and prawn starter with fresh bread and for pud a trifle ( my dad's favorite ) and something else but not sure what this year yet. Always do a ham on christmas eve and we always have beef in boxing day :D

Im ususally first up and get the turkey in and prepare the veg night before then wait eagerly for everyone to get up failing that i go and wake them up :laughing: I get impatient

Have Blossom Hill sparkling rose for lunch this year as it was on offer £5 a bottle instead of £10 so i bought 2 :D

xxx

Mollymop
15-12-2009, 10:37 AM
My hubby doesn't like Turkey. I am not fond of it but I like the smell of it roasting n xmas morning

We usually have pork. But I am fed up - might try something different this year

A few years ago I did roast goose - it cost £40 and there was hardly any meat on it - and it didn't taste too nice either...Oh what to do this year?:rolleyes:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
15-12-2009, 11:28 AM
im lucky my husbands a chef! :blush: However the only time he does cook at home is Christmas day!

His parents come for xmas and they normally buy a fresh turkey but this year we are having a turkey crown stuffed with all the dark meat from the turkey and then its rolled up- somthing like that so he tells me with all the trimmings.

We also have gammon and a beef joint.

I love xmas im like a little kid :laughing: :laughing:

Bananabrain
15-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Last year I had a strange veggie creation from M and S with spelt wheat on top! This year will prob be much the same.
Hubby and son have got turkey and all the trimmings,but the cat will probably have most of it!!!
We have all the usual suspects, but piccalili{what's that about}:laughing: pork pies and most definitely the evil brussel sprouts are absolutely forbidden in my house!!!!

TheBTeam
15-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Has to be a fresh turkey cooked on christmas day so is hot to serve, for years my dh got a fresh turkey from work, then i got them for years, so this has spoilt us for what we like!

We have shop bought posh stuffing, must have brussel sprouts and lots of roast potatoes and other veg!

We don't have a starter, because we have smoked salmon and bucks fizz for brunch with a late lunch, then a midnight feast of cold turkey and baked ham joint with pickles.

flora
15-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Feeding the 5000 on Christmas day itself so huge turkey and all the usual trimmings/

Boxing day a lovely home cooked gammon, with salad, baked pots and lots of picky bits.

Probably take the dogs for a walk on the beach boxing morning and have this as a late lunch :thumbsup:

My mummy and daddy are coming for Chritmas and I am really looking forward to seeing them :clapping: :clapping:

Hebs
15-12-2009, 06:05 PM
turkey crown, fresh and cooked on christmas eve :thumbsup:

stuffing balls cooked seperatly :D

nannymcflea
15-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Roast pork here, cooked in the slow cooker. Roasties and the most amount of veg I can possibly fit into the oven and on the top...got to have at least 5 or I feel hard done by.

Carrots
Sweet potato
Brussels
Broccoli
Cauliflower

Cheese sauce, gravy, yorkshire puds(my girls would go mad if I didn't do these! In fact they have asked for their Xmas dinner inside a large yorkie!)

No stuffing thank you.:D

Daftbat
15-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I am fed up with cooking turkey each year and this time are opting for Duck instead with an apricot stuffing and glaze. Will do a gammon ham roasted too as have always had two meats on christmas day anyway.

FizzysFriends
15-12-2009, 10:10 PM
We have a fresh turkey cooked on the day, Pork cooked in the slow cooker, veggie option for SIL, pigs in blankets, roast pots, mash, honey roast parsnips and carrots, roast beetroot, peas, 3 different stuffings (and DD has a yorkshire pud) all served with various homemade sauces and gravies.

We don't have starter and we have pudding a couple of hours after the meal.

babs
15-12-2009, 10:24 PM
dont do turkey hubby wont eat it so he has chicken .... but also have pork and lamb ,full roast all trimming ....

happytotschildminding
16-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes - turkey it is. We hatched some last year and we've still got one left in the freezer!
Carol

nannymcflea
16-12-2009, 02:43 PM
We have a fresh turkey cooked on the day, Pork cooked in the slow cooker, veggie option for SIL, pigs in blankets, roast pots, mash, honey roast parsnips and carrots, roast beetroot, peas, 3 different stuffings (and DD has a yorkshire pud) all served with various homemade sauces and gravies.

We don't have starter and we have pudding a couple of hours after the meal.

Sounds perfect....what time can we come, there's 4 of us...:laughing: