PDA

View Full Version : Standing order

Tatjana
14-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi there

New parent has asked to pay by standing order, I said ok, as can't see any problem with it....is it safe? Has anyone had any serious problems with this? Other than not being paid, lol!

Do I just give her my sort code and account no.? Or does she need to know which bank i'm with too?

xx

beccas
14-12-2009, 07:08 PM
i get paid every week by transfer its so easy she just needs your sort code and account number but check your bank every time......

I have never had a problem so far.........................touching wood now....

Lou
14-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Its perfectly safe and nice and convenient too!!!

Just need to give her sort code and account number, which are details that would be on a cheque.

Just remember, SOME (not all) banks take 3 days to do the transfer.

OrlandoBelle
14-12-2009, 07:14 PM
3 of my mindees parents pay me this way every week. The only problem i've experienced is money going in on the tuesday instead of a monday, but this was easily sorted. The mum just changed it so it comes out of her account on a thurs instead of Fri, so it can take a few days. I now ask all Parents to pay me this way as its so convienient and saves me dragging the kids into town to pay money in. :)

TheBTeam
14-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I get paid by one parent by standing order, i love it, no worries to get to a bank to pay money in! I just look every week when it is expected to check it is there, no trouble.

Tatjana
14-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Sounds great, saves me going to the bank or the money burning a hole in my pocket, thanks everyone!

xx

jodi-anna
16-12-2009, 06:37 PM
A very interesting thread, especially as I've just logged in to get some info on this subject......

Two of my parents pay me on-line now. It should work nicely as I bill them at the end of every month; to be paid on or before the 1st of month (in advance, as per contract) Unfortunately, I still find myself looking every day after the 2nd/3rd of the month just to see whether I have had my money paid into my account. It's the 17th of December tomorrow!!! and still not had any money!!!(this isn't a one-off, it's been like this for months now!):angry:

I know it's not actually a direct debit set-up, I think it's just called 'on-line' banking.....:confused: but my question is... How long does it take for the money to show up on my on-line statement after the parent has 'Pressed the button' as it were? I ask because one parent told me last Tuesday that she had 'done it' and yet it's been over a week now and still nothing.

Pipsqueak
16-12-2009, 06:54 PM
A very interesting thread, especially as I've just logged in to get some info on this subject......

Two of my parents pay me on-line now. It should work nicely as I bill them at the end of every month; to be paid on or before the 1st of month (in advance, as per contract) Unfortunately, I still find myself looking every day after the 2nd/3rd of the month just to see whether I have had my money paid into my account. It's the 17th of December tomorrow!!! and still not had any money!!!(this isn't a one-off, it's been like this for months now!):angry:

I know it's not actually a direct debit set-up, I think it's just called 'on-line' banking.....:confused: but my question is... How long does it take for the money to show up on my on-line statement after the parent has 'Pressed the button' as it were? I ask because one parent told me last Tuesday that she had 'done it' and yet it's been over a week now and still nothing.

no idea about how long the transfer takes (it should be instant in this day and age of technology shouldn;t it) but what you are describing is unnacceptable and I would be asking the parents to pay you cash to bring it up to date, send out a newsletter stating that any overdue bills will be (from January) incurring a daily late fee of £xxx.
You have earned that money therefore they should be paying you on time.
Get on the phone tonight and tell them that 9 days before Christmas you are still waiting for payment and you still haven't been able to get the rest of your families shopping or presents.:( and that you would like the amount to be settled tomorrow - they either sort it out online NOW or they pay you cash tomorrow.

Twinkles
16-12-2009, 07:57 PM
It should only take three days to show up on your online statement.

The Juggler
16-12-2009, 09:58 PM
i can transfer my transfers to regular set ups (i.e. dh) same day. to new payees, takes 3 days. If you set up standing order, you have it set up to go out exactly the same day of each month. so, they have no excuse, its appalling. only thing I recommend is do your invoices mid month to give them longer and do a bit in a newsletter about how you were left high and dry at xmas for shopping and food.

poor you!

mumx3
05-01-2010, 12:25 PM
All but one parent pays me this way and it is super easy. I invoice the on the 20th of the month to pay on or before the 1st for the month ahead.

This is the first month I have had a problem.

One parent emailed me New Years eve to say they had no money following xmas, but would hopefully be able to pay me this week... "hopefully"...!!!! ....anyway,

I am due to have child tomorrow and Friday and I have told her that I need cash tomorrow morning or I can't have her child until she pays.

This is the only parent I didnt take a deposit from (as she couldnt afford it) I should have known shouldnt I!

Anyway, now I have said that to her I wonder what to do if she doesnt pay me tomorrow?

francinejayne
05-01-2010, 01:21 PM
the max time it should take is 3 days. this is where the banks take time so they get to keep the money for a bit longer and tey can use it however they do. if you bank at the same bank it should be an instant transfer. there's no way it should have taken that amount of time to transfer - I doubt she did transfer when she said she did?