PDA

View Full Version : My walls are disappearing

Tink
14-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Is your house like mine?
I tend to use the kitchen mostly as it's huge but my walls are slowly disappearing, they are covered with posters, EYFS stuff and Christmas stuff, I also have 2 big display boards with planning and letters to parents on them.
Is your house the same or am I just mad?:eek:

Trouble
14-12-2009, 01:39 PM
mine was the same but a couple of christmases ago i took them down and never put them back up:eek: :eek: :D i decided i wasnt a nursery and had to re decorate the walls never again:angry:

mama2three
14-12-2009, 01:57 PM
mine are all on huge canvases , there are about 8 of them ( and expanding!)- parents board , menu , planning , gallery , displays and on and on ............but i take them down each night and put them up each morning - DH would have a fit if they stayed up , he wants to live in a home not a nursery!

caz3007
14-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I am lucky cos I have two living rooms, so one I use for all the toys and stuff and when the mindies are gone, my 7 year old plays in there and the other I try to keep a toy free and mindie free zone. The after schoolies are allowed to watch tv in there sometimes as long as they are sitting quietly.

We do have to walk through the playroom to get to the kitchen and our lounge, but it is nice to look at a proper lounge in the evening

TheBTeam
14-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Mine is restricted to my entrance hall, used to display work in the conservatory, but since we had to have a new one cos of Buncefield explosion I have resisted!

Alibali
14-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Walls? What are they? Haven't seen mine for ages:laughing: :laughing:

Hebs
14-12-2009, 02:25 PM
No cos I'm not a nursery x

FussyElmo
14-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I am allowed the dining room but thats it :)

Zoemum2four
14-12-2009, 02:33 PM
I have a notice board in my porch, and all craft, xmas or topics we do are displayed on one big wall in my toyroom and that how I like it, I'm not a nursery and like my home to look like my home.:)

helenlc
14-12-2009, 02:34 PM
I use my lobby area for notice boards that have my certificates and menus on etc.

Then I have one of these in the conservatory:

http://www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/kids-pockets-size-artworks-pockets-p-8420.html?cPath=221_222_224

Its easy enough to take down and change what's in the pockets too. I think I got it from Baker Ross or Yellow Moon and it wasnt as much as £18!:eek:

PixiePetal
14-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I use my lobby area for notice boards that have my certificates and menus on etc.

Then I have one of these in the conservatory:

http://www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/kids-pockets-size-artworks-pockets-p-8420.html?cPath=221_222_224

Its easy enough to take down and change what's in the pockets too. I think I got it from Baker Ross or Yellow Moon and it wasnt as much as £18!:eek:

I have that one too. Change the display with my themes/seasons.

Will be getting a big wall mounted notice board for displaying craft stuff when I am earning a bit more. It will be in the playroom so I don't have to look at it all the time, when mindees have gone, I tidy playroom and shut the door till the next day. :thumbsup:

I didn't mind when my own kids were young, as half the stuff was theirs, but not any more.

singingcactus
14-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't do walls, lol. But then again I am a mum of a small child and 2 teens, and both myself and my husband draw and paint, and take photographs so our walls would be covered whatever.
We are not the pretty house kind of people - more like student squat lol.