PDA

View Full Version : I am so disorganised so I give up!

Chatterbox Childcare
13-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Anyone else so disorganised this year?

My tree only went up yesterday and the other decs are sitting around waiting for time.

My paperwork hasn't been touched for 2 weeks

The car has to go in for repair so I am walking for 4 days (this is a biggie for me) and I will spend most of my days out at parties and doing school runs

The house is a mess, the kids a pain and now I have to spend 5 hours sorting scout post and then next week deliver them (think I will do this on the first day of school holidays and get everyone some fresh air)

Feel better now for venting, better so feeling sorry for myself and get on with it but where to start !!! mmmmmmm:idea:

Pipsqueak
13-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Ditto:D :thumbsup:

Twinkles
13-12-2009, 10:17 AM
I know how you feel !My tree only went up yesterday and the other decs are waiting until the house magically cleans itself !

I've got pressies to wrap , I've still got pressies to make, some friends and I are organising a Christmas party on Friday and on Saturday we're going to Devon for the weekend !

I lost a week and I want it back !!

FizzysFriends
13-12-2009, 10:17 AM
me too, I just can't be bothered. I have a tree up (dad delivered a real one and mom came and decorated it with DD), no other decorations (thinking of putting them back up the loft), and haven't finished wrapping yet.

I wrapped DD's presents last night and the pile looks really small so Im worrying about that too.

sarah707
13-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Have a cup of tea... then see what you trip over first! :D

ORKSIE
13-12-2009, 11:31 AM
I have written my cards.....they are sat on the side waiting for stamps:panic:
My Tree went up last week, but we still have decs to put up:)
Oh well we will get there in the end:thumbsup:

mamasheshe
13-12-2009, 12:27 PM
i haven't got a tree yet!
we lost our hangy decorations in the move.
i haven't finished making my cards
i still have about 5 pressies to buy
i haven't brought any christmas food yet
both my girls have been ill for the last week so I'm housebound
i'm giving up

ajs
13-12-2009, 12:53 PM
we're going to buy the tree tomorrow, the lights are still in the cupboard in a tangle from last year
the decs are still in the cupboard in a tangle from lat year
no cards i went to oxfam instead and donated the money i would have spent
the house looks like a bomb has gone off in it, it's clean but SOOOO messy, i also haven't done any paperwork but i am not admitting for how long,

why do we put oursleves through it though, does it really matter
we have friends coming to stay on the 27th and their house is an awful lot worse then mine has ever been so i am happy say i am not going to stress about how messy we are before they arrive.

what i have done though and most unlike me to be so organised is arranged the asda delivery for the 23rd so all i need to do is buy fresh bread and veg on the 24th.

debbie i was so glad when hubby left scouts YAY no more scout post i hated it, that was definatley his job never mine but the saddest thing is i think because david doesn't do it anymore it doesn't happen in our town at all

RachelE
13-12-2009, 06:10 PM
- me too - But not just this year - every year! :D

We went to Manchester to swap pressies with the family in secret! - the swap in secret, not us going!! (all in the boot until bedtime and then up to the loft! :panic: )

Anyway, had to stop at Next on the way and grab 4 presents and then wrap them at MIL's!

I still have more pressies to buy. Am sooo glad we arent doing dinner here, so no food to buy!

I dont really get the whole going over the top for one day! :blush: It does drive me mad!

Heaven Scent
13-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Eh I'm deffo the worst only got pressies for mindees sorted and bought 2 for 2 of them - not a probelem they will have birthdays and they can be given then. not bought a single card, got a few bits here for my lot but nothing major so thats no good, I may get the treet and decs up tonight put outside lights up today while hubby is in Teneriffe for the day (working - overtime to boot so that is brill some extra cash but not till end jan).

I have to re sort the hall living & dining/play room and put in all the christmas books and toys etc. I'm fed up with how things are but just cant do a proper family christmas without the reorganisation taking place.

As for paperwork - I have millions of have completed projects on the go - I hate being this disorganised I've never been like this before in all my life - its awful - I'm a virgo and can be quite anal about being orgaised but I'm terrible these days. I don't mind a mess for a bit but then I get stuck in and get it sorted but now I just cant do it and its so frustrating it tend to be just one thing after another.

I feel sort of all Baahhh Humbug this year perhaps once the decs are up I will be more in the mood - I just haven't had time to shop and wont have all week unless I take three mindees with me one morning. I'll have to have a chat with my minding friend to see if she will come with me for a quick trolly dash - I just have to choose my own cards although I don't believe in spending a fortune on them as its such a waste of money and they all end up in the bin in the end.

Twinkles
14-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm a virgo and can be quite anal about being orgaised but I'm terrible these days.

Me too !!! I bet you have really tidy cupboards - I do :D

Complete mess everywhere else but tidy cupboards :laughing:

ajs
14-12-2009, 08:32 AM

i have tidy cupboards unless the children empty the dishwasher in which case it's a free for all.
i do have it on my list of things to do to tidy the kitchen cupboards before christmas

Twinkles
14-12-2009, 08:36 AM
i have tidy cupboards unless the children empty the dishwasher in which case it's a free for all.
i do have it on my list of things to do to tidy the kitchen cupboards before christmas

I have to do that too ! Everything has to be spring cleaned ( sofa covers washed etc ) before the Christmas decs go up :blush:

huggableshelly
14-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Have a cup of tea... then see what you trip over first! :D

oh oh risk assess, are you allowed to trip over? can you sue yourself too?

Trouble
14-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Im all done

tree is up

cards are done
food is nearly bought

pressys are done and birthday pressys

house is clean and tidy

accounts are 1 month behind

and unless anything upsets them then im doing ok now

3 weeks ago i had nothing done but im tired:( and 2 birthdays to go

LOOPYLISA
14-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Tree and decs up

Mums 60th b day party fri sorted- i think :D

Pressies done and wrapped

Survived hubbys xmas meal sat :eek:

Just big xmas shop to do next week :thumbsup:

Alibali
14-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I've posted my cards:clapping: :clapping: Feel so much better, tree went up yesterday too. now to but some pressies:)

mummyroysof3
14-12-2009, 03:15 PM
:laughing: im really disorganised and cant be bothered with it all this year, am getting there though, posted cards and secret santa pressie today(i know its late im really sorry)

got jacks cards for school to write and local family, pressies for our kids are done just a couple to wrap, got a couple more bits to buy for other people though, food delivery is booked for monday but will need bread xmas eve i think, im hoping veg will be ok but probly not :laughing:

charlotte x

TheBTeam
14-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I am getting there! Was really disorganised until today, and then in the space of an hour I have got all cards written and some posted, all mindees presents wrapped.

That leaves family presents to do, as dont want to leave them till christmas eve this year as have a fair bit of work to do with kids presents instead!

Need to do childminding group secret santas (got two to sort one for dh!) and stuff to prepare for childminding craft group childrens christmas lunch tomorrow!

Then sort out shopping list so can get ready to take away with us for christmas day, now we finally know where we are going!

Mollymop
14-12-2009, 05:25 PM
I was like that last year, but this year I am all done and dusted so to you all......NERR NERR!!

nannymcflea
14-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Im all done

tree is up

cards are done
food is nearly bought

pressys are done and birthday pressys

house is clean and tidy

accounts are 1 month behind

and unless anything upsets them then im doing ok now

3 weeks ago i had nothing done but im tired:( and 2 birthdays to go

Ok. Get yourself down here, got pressies to buy, cards to write, loads to wrap and no time to do anything.

People over on Saturday and Sunday and no time to go shop for food or clean the house!
Mums birthday tomorrow, card written but not sent.:blush:

Hubbys birthday on 27th, got pressie somewhere, need to get cake etc.

BUT we have been back to Peterborough and seen ORKSIE so loosing a weekend makes it worthwhile.:D

Have a rest trouble, don't over do it.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I was like that last year, but this year I am all done and dusted so to you all......NERR NERR!!

Stop showing off :laughing: :D

Trouble
15-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Ok. Get yourself down here, got pressies to buy, cards to write, loads to wrap and no time to do anything.

People over on Saturday and Sunday and no time to go shop for food or clean the house!
Mums birthday tomorrow, card written but not sent.:blush:

Hubbys birthday on 27th, got pressie somewhere, need to get cake etc.

BUT we have been back to Peterborough and seen ORKSIE so loosing a weekend makes it worthwhile.:D

Have a rest trouble, don't over do it.

dd birthday today shes 13:( :D

get them online and they will deliver giving you more time to do other stuff

wish i could come over but busy busy

next year for sure:D

Heaven Scent
15-12-2009, 02:28 PM

OMG that is me to a "T" that is why things are so untidy because if I haven't got time to put things away in my anal sorted fashion then they can't be put away! friggin drives me mad - but I just cant bring myself to just fling stuff in - and if the kids/DH empty the dishwasher and don't put things away properly especially the mindees plastic stuff it make me shudder - and I have to empty all the messy stuff out even if I don't have time to sort it there and then - i just leave them on the kichen table or the on the cooker till I do have time :blush: then DH comes home from work to chaos - He told me the other day that he was going to get himself a flat. In that case he won't be living in clean clutter with tidy drawers&cupboards - he will be living in a really dusty and only wiped over with a damp cloth place with really unorganised cupboards where he can't find anything and then end up buying more and more of the same stuff and having to buy big plastic crates and or suitcases to put it in. and when he losses stuff in there he'll go on buying and buying until one day he will be at risk of being burried in his posessions then and so he'll take the lot to the tip (yes the tip!!!!!! some things brand new and never been used.:panic: :panic:) and he'll start all over again - but he won't dust anywhere - he may hoover up & wash up - but that will be it - We were in our late 20's when we met and he had got into some very very bad habbits indeed. - And he says I have some SH** - (all the stuff I have for my mindees - he can't get his head round the fact that I need it)

He needed me to keep him on the straight and narrow. :laughing: :laughing: Well they say opposites attract

Twinkles
15-12-2009, 03:08 PM
OMG that is me to a "T" that is why things are so untidy because if I haven't got time to put things away in my anal sorted fashion then they can't be put away! friggin drives me mad - but I just cant bring myself to just fling stuff in - and if the kids/DH empty the dishwasher and don't put things away properly especially the mindees plastic stuff it make me shudder - and I have to empty all the messy stuff out even if I don't have time to sort it there and then - i just leave them on the kichen table or the on the cooker till I do have time :blush: then DH comes home from work to chaos - He told me the other day that he was going to get himself a flat. In that case he won't be living in clean clutter with tidy drawers&cupboards - he will be living in a really dusty and only wiped over with a damp cloth place with really unorganised cupboards where he can't find anything and then end up buying more and more of the same stuff and having to buy big plastic crates and or suitcases to put it in. and when he losses stuff in there he'll go on buying and buying until one day he will be at risk of being burried in his posessions then and so he'll take the lot to the tip (yes the tip!!!!!! some things brand new and never been used.:panic: :panic:) and he'll start all over again - but he won't dust anywhere - he may hoover up & wash up - but that will be it - We were in our late 20's when we met and he had got into some very very bad habbits indeed. - And he says I have some SH** - (all the stuff I have for my mindees - he can't get his head round the fact that I need it)

He needed me to keep him on the straight and narrow. :laughing: :laughing: Well they say opposites attract

Oh your post did make me laugh - even more now as I can 'hear' how you would be saying it :laughing:

My DH is great at tidying up and helps with the housework - lucky me ?? No! He is dyslexic and has no concept of putting things back where they came from or in a certain order :panic:

It makes me crazy !!

Bless him , now that I know it's a dyslexic thing and not him being a pain I don't get so cross.

ajs
15-12-2009, 04:29 PM
the children's cupboard ( where the mindees cups and plates go) has to be in a certain order and the right lids placed on the right cups but noone else gets this so i have to redo what has already been done at least once a day

i think we could say we virgos are a little obsessive, but just a bit

Twinkles
15-12-2009, 04:37 PM
the children's cupboard ( where the mindees cups and plates go) has to be in a certain order and the right lids placed on the right cups but noone else gets this so i have to redo what has already been done at least once a day

i think we could say we virgos are a little obsessive, but just a bit

It's that others just don't do it right ! :laughing:

Heaven Scent
15-12-2009, 06:50 PM
When I say he may wash up and hoover up I mean if he were to have a place of his own.

The only time he would dream of hoovering these daysis if a friend of his was coming round and I wasn't here or if he wanted to prove a point and he only washes up if he's off when I'm working and he happens to go in the kitchen either just before the kiddies go home or just after especially if I've had a tough day and have left the lunch and after school dishes on the side and decided that I need a coffee and switch off before I put my mum and domestic goddess hat on. What he does is clatter and bang all the dishes in the sink and runs the tap on full so the water makes lots of noise then he moans and moans until he works himself up so much that he ends up shouting and then he throws a few of the plastic dishes in the bin saying he just shouldn't have to wash up after my minded kiddies cause its my job - Well no he doesn't have to wash up after them because 1) we have a dishwasher and they can go in there 2) I always do it when he is not here and they are never ever left lying about until he gets home from work - when he has finished he leaves all the dirty water in the sink to go cold and goes back to his laptop and when his dinner is ready he comes back all happy and chatty - its his age - he never used to be like that - what he doesn't realise is that it just goes over my head its like an irritating advert on the car radio - you just switch off until its over.:laughing: :laughing:

I put it down to the fact that he hasn't got any organisational skills or any spacial awareness and the whole thing gets on top of him. He just cannot pack a case or the boot of a car - if he puts one thing in the boot he claims its full. So if there is a pile of dirty dishes on the worktop all be it a tidy pile with the plates stacked according to size etc etc ( virgo obsessivness again)
he just sees it as a huge mess everywhere.

I have to hold my hands up though that over the past year there has been a huge mess pretty much everywhere - I just cant keep up with the trashing done by my children and mindees in addition to the mountains of paperwork that arrives in my house from My local Council & Ofsted - Added ofcourse to all the paperwork generated by EYFS and then there's my accounts aswell I tend to have piles of receipts everywhere.

One last point on my DH's housework talents - Many years ago I went off out to work on one of his days off ( this was before children) and I asked him to clean the oven - (in those days he did what he was told - and he never threw a dish in the bin - we didn't even have a dishwasher then) - anyhow when I got in from work the hoover was in the kitchen (it was a Vax in the centre of the floor of a tiny kitchen so it literally took over the whole place) and there he was hoovering the oven - see he never uses cleaning agents for cleaning he just wipes stuff over with damp dirty cloths which he leaves screwed up between uses Yuk Yuk Yuk. - I wouldn't like to see his loo if he had a flat of his own.