PDA

View Full Version : Confused

mississmoomoo
10-12-2009, 10:04 PM
After reading one or two threads on this subject, I understand that Ofsted phone you to tell you when roughly they will be coming, although I have heard that they no longer tell you and just turn up with no warning.

Im confused, has anyone had them turn up with no warning?

Pipsqueak
10-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Ofsted can turn up without warning and you would be obliged to grant them entry - if you are working that day. You should work each day like Ofsted may drop by.

Generally. for routine inspections you will get a bit of a warning - an inspector will call you to find out when you are going to be in over the next xx days/weeks. If you are canny you can narrow down days and times:thumbsup: to get a smaller timeframe.
If they can't get hold of you to arrange a timeframe then yes they may just drop by!

sarah707
10-12-2009, 10:08 PM
They would normally only turn up with no warning if there was a complaint against you.

It might happen but it is unusual.

Otherwise you get a phone call asking when you are working... they'd be wasting their time chasing us all around otherwise.

Once you've had the 'are you working?' call you'll get the inspector ringing to ask your timings.

Hth :D

mississmoomoo
11-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for that, I hope its in the new year as I only have 1 more week before I break for christmas. We have only been in our new house 6 weeks so Im just getting upto speed on things. I am going to do my SEF this weekend, then I should be just about ready.