PDA

View Full Version : Help!

mississmoomoo
10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I got a phone call from Ofsted yesterday asking me if I had started childminding and if I was looking after any children in the early years and what days I had them.

They didnt mention the word "inspection" I how soon I was to expect my inspection and they informed me it could be anything as early as 4 months to 7 months from starting which has startled me as I wasnt expecting anything until 6 months so to think they could drop on my doorstep anytime now is petrifying as I havent even done a SEF and I need to update my Risk Assessment and do other bits and bobs of paper work.

I have only 1 more week until I have 2 weeks holiday for xmas, should I let them know? How soon would they come from a phone call and if they are coming to inspect? And does this call mean they are coming?

many thanks,

a frazzled and panic stricken woman:panic: :panic: :panic: :eek:

Pipsqueak
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
the next thing you will get is an inspector ringing you - can't tell you when though. If you have time off booked then thats no problem just tell them.
But at least you have advance warning that its fairly immiment - so you can start making sure you are prepared:thumbsup:

LisaMcNally09
11-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I got a phone call from Ofsted yesterday asking me if I had started childminding and if I was looking after any children in the early years and what days I had them.

They didnt mention the word "inspection" I how soon I was to expect my inspection and they informed me it could be anything as early as 4 months to 7 months from starting which has startled me as I wasnt expecting anything until 6 months so to think they could drop on my doorstep anytime now is petrifying as I havent even done a SEF and I need to update my Risk Assessment and do other bits and bobs of paper work.

I have only 1 more week until I have 2 weeks holiday for xmas, should I let them know? How soon would they come from a phone call and if they are coming to inspect? And does this call mean they are coming?

many thanks,

a frazzled and panic stricken woman:panic: :panic: :panic: :eek:

I got one of those calls yesterday too. Where are you based? I recognize your photo!!

Lisa

mississmoomoo
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I got one of those calls yesterday too. Where are you based? I recognize your photo!!

Lisa

Im based in Ossett

LisaMcNally09
11-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Im based in Ossett

I thought so!! I was on your pre reg course!!! lol

miffy
12-12-2009, 02:54 PM
But at least you have advance warning that its fairly immiment - so you can start making sure you are prepared:thumbsup:

Good advice from Pip!

Don't worry you'll be fine :)

Miffy xx