PDA

View Full Version : starting childminding,would love to get to know you all.

24karen
10-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi there Im thinking of becoming a childminder and would love to use this chat forum,ive been reading loads of the threads and its spurred me on to wanting this career move even more now.
I have a question to ask please,I have a small 3 bed bungalow and was wondering how many children they would let me have ,I have 1 child age 6 of my own and 1 teenager.Any help would be great,
thanks.

clio0602
10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi I think if you look on the NCMA website it gives you the amount of space per child that is required for each age group. It will give you an idea and when the inspector comes for your pre reg visit they'll confirm the numbers you can have.

Good luck with everything x

Pipsqueak
10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Hello there - welcome to the forum:thumbsup:

We love it here.

clio0602
10-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi again just had a quick look on the website but cant seem to find the space requirements. I know I've read them somewhere :blush:

Hope someone else can be of more help x

Pipsqueak
10-12-2009, 11:04 PM
space requirements are in the EYFS somewhere.:thumbsup:

I think you have to be pretty small to not have your full quota of children - so have a good think about what rooms you want to register. (your 6yr old will take up 1 space).

maisiemog
14-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey,

welcome to the forum! It's been a huge help to me!!!!

At my pre reg I was told that you need to have about a double bed sized area per child. They take the room size in general, not how much space you have after furniture so most people have enough space for a few kids. It also depends on what rooms you plan to use for minding. I'm sure you'll be allowed at least 2 kids though!

angeldelight
15-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Chat soon

Angel xx