PDA

View Full Version : gggrrrr fil does it again

Gizmo
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
The man just doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut, he has apparently told my dd who has just turned 6 that Santa isnt real :eek:
I dont know the full story yet but walking to school this morning she said to me Granpa says Santas not real, I think I hid my shock well of course hes real who did you go to see on Sunday then.
I saw mil come in a while ago and said to her, she said she never heard him say anything to R but he has a history of this, he told her about death and heaven and hell when she was 2
I dont want to bring it up with DD again as I dont want her to think anything else of it.
Oh he winds me up aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Feel better now writing it down

flora
10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
This does seem to be growing trend lately. :(

Shame all the innocence of childhood has to be eroded away :(

Mollymop
10-12-2009, 01:04 PM
I would be really annoyed too! She is only just 6, my dd is will be 6 in May and I would be really cross if someone in my family told her father xmas doesn't exist. :mad:

Are you gonna have a word with him about it? x

Gizmo
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I have said to MIL and she will say to him. I find it hard to talk to him at the best of times as he just winds me up, and he lives next door which makes it even harder as I cant just walk away
What is really annoying me is she has been so excited this year when we took them both to see Santa on sunday she loved it and I really hope he hasnt put a dampner on things AGAIN.

LOOPYLISA
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I would be livid :angry:

LittleAcorns
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
what motive does he possibly have in shattering a childs belief, I would be fuming.

Mollymop
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Joy You may find that she didn't believe him anyway. I have found that kids would rather believe someone who says he does exist than someone who says he doesn't

I remember my nephew, when he was 10 he still believed in father xmas even though his friends kept telling him he doesn't exist...he had been to lapland you see so he thought all his mates were lying!

When I told Tim when he was coming 9 he didn't believe me at first.

She'll be ok, she'll still believe. Hope grandad doesn't say it again.

I think people like your FIL like to see the reactions of children, the look on their little faces when talking about heaven and hell and things like that - how strange!:( :panic:

Gizmo
10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I really hope she forgets all about it.She just seems to think her Granpa is wonderful and believes everything he says, he treats the kids like adults and doesnt seem to be able live in the make believe. My dh and his sister had some time of it growing up with him.
DD's best friend went to Lapland last year if there are any probs I will talk to her mum and get some pics from her

It's a small world
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
My ds (6)asked his grandad how does santa get to be in so many different shops at the same time, as went into one shop and he was there and then round the corner 2mins later he was in another shop. My fil was quick on his feet and said that they are really his helpers and the big man is in the north pole making sure all the elves are working hard to make sure that all the children get the presents they have asked for..providing they are good. Being the boss he needs to be on hand incase anything goes wrong...told him that younger ones still think its him so not to say anything about it being his helpers...he's happy with this reply and Im glad my fil had such a good reply that satisfied my ds :clapping:

mama2three
11-12-2009, 07:57 AM
http://portablenorthpole.tv/

get santa to send a video message to him! you can put in all his details , what he asked santa for , upload a photo of him to be in santas book , its lovely and im sure it will have him convinced. oh and its free.

Hebs
11-12-2009, 08:18 AM
my almost 10 year old son still believes, i'd be livid if someone told him otherwise :blush:

julie w
11-12-2009, 08:54 AM
My Dad was Santa at our local pub for years (no crb check then, AND they sat on his knee lol), anyway, my hubby borrowed the Santa suit and I took photos of him putting presents in my children's rooms one Christmas eve. When they saw the photos they were amazed, and in the end when my dd was nearly 13 I had to tell her the truth because she'd been so convinced he was real she still believed. I didnt want her friends to laugh at her. I think we should keep the childhood innocence and beliefs as long as we can.