PDA

View Full Version : Can I request a differebt inspector?

Littlens
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi, I had a bad experience with my first inspection & did not feel comfortable with the inspector at all, after she left I felt mentally drained & very tearfull. I have met people through doing some courses lately & near enough everyone that has had this lady to inspect them has had bad things to say about her! My graded inspection isn't due until about April 2010 but I wondered if anyone knows if I can ask not to have her again!

christine e
10-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi, I had a bad experience with my first inspection & did not feel comfortable with the inspector at all, after she left I felt mentally drained & very tearfull. I have met people through doing some courses lately & near enough everyone that has had this lady to inspect them has had bad things to say about her! My graded inspection isn't due until about April 2010 but I wondered if anyone knows if I can ask not to have her again!

We have recently had this discussion at a support childminders meeting but I'm afraid we didn't come up with any answers - bumping you up to see if anyone else knows

Cx

FizzysFriends
10-12-2009, 07:49 AM
I think they try and give you a different inspector incase there is favouritism. I would wait until someone called to say they were coming and then if its the same one then try and do something about it.

PixiePetal
10-12-2009, 08:33 AM
My last one left me doubting my own abilities even after all these years :(
I would not be happy to see her again - every one who has had her feels the same and she has never given an outstanding as far as I know, in our circle at least, and I feel some should have.

The forum has made me feel much better about myself and I am more confident again - she knocked me for six.

Will be waiting to see if I get her next time :(

Dottilicious
10-12-2009, 10:44 AM
I got a different inspector for my graded inspection.

Merry-Minder
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I had the same inspector for my reg and first grading inspection - I found her really nice, but on speaking to others they had a terrible time with her. So if the worst does come to the worst, it might be that you find her ok next time - I hope im right or you get someone else.

xxx

caz3007
10-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I had the same inspector for my first two when I first started out

I had a different one recently and a friend had the one I had before. I have since found out the new one picked me up on lots of things that the other didnt with my friend. Wish I had the first one this time round. Still who knows nex time

Amaranth
10-12-2009, 08:43 PM
I had a horrid inspector for my last one and she actually reduced me to tears and really upset one of my mindees :angry: I nearly gave up childminding. Complained about her ... but that's another story!
I found out after my inspection that even the other inspectors don't like her :laughing:

I really hope you can refuse an inspector as she is not welcome in my house again.

Leannetrim
20-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi I have spoken to my NCMA CDO on this matter as I have had a very bad experience with an inspector and I was informed that you have every right to ring ofsted and ask for a different inspector and tell them what happened.

Mine tried to disqualify me as my move date fell on the same day as my inspection.

So if the same inspector rings me for my grading one I shallm be giving ofsted a little call