PDA

View Full Version : How my pre reg visit went..

Suzanne11
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and support I've received on here, had my first visit yesterday and it was really fine. I would say to all those who haven't had theirs yet that there really is nothing to worry about. My house wasn't completely ready but I just went through what I intended to do and she was perfectly with that so dont worry about getting it all done!

She did come out with a few things that I thought were OTT such as saying that I need to hide my knives and scissors which are kept in a pot at the back of the counter even though I have a stair gate on the door and kids wont be in the kitchen. Also to put a lock on a medicine cabinet that is head height for me! And to hide cotton buds coz kids can poke each other and to hide hair gel in bathroom as kids can smear it all over their faces - I really didn't get that as then shouldn't I just hide everything (toothpaste, shampoo) as you can smear that on your face too?

Aprt from those few things that I thought were ott she was happy and registered me for the full quota of kiddies so I'm happy.

Thanks for all the advice!:)

Chell
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Were you asked loads of questions? I've been given a booklet of over 30 questions that they could ask.

sarah707
09-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Well done you!

I hope it all goes quickly for you now :D

Suzanne11
15-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi Chell,

Yes I was asked LOADS of questions - if you work your way through the booklet you have with the 40 odd questions then everything will be covered. You can have the booklet with you and refer to it to answer. She didnt ask anything that wasn't in the booklet - although the questions weren't word for word the same or in the same order. If you fill out the booklet fully you will be fine. Good luck x

Annie_T
15-12-2009, 08:44 PM
glad it went ok hun.

my inspector never said anything bout knifes in the block on my kitchen side

strange how they all pick different things