PDA

View Full Version : how long do you keep leftovers?

sweets
09-12-2009, 08:26 AM
if i made a cottage pie on a monday then i would happily re-heat it (properly!) on a wednesday but i wouldnt use it on the thursday. i have a friend who will not even re-heat food the day after its made and another friend who will keep it for nearly a week! i have to say tho that they are the healthiest family ever and are never ill.

just wondered is thier a guidline on the time limit that food can be used? and how long would you keep it.

PixiePetal
09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
For my family, I am probably the same as you.

I tend to take off portions for mindees and freeze on the day I made food just to be sure.

flora
09-12-2009, 08:40 AM
What is safe and what is reccomended are probably totally different ifyswim???

For mindees I never reheat more than once and I cool down and bung it in the fridge asap.

For my own lot, I have been known to make spag bol and use it several days after it has been made. If I make it with poultry mince though I only reheat once.

I think with mindees you take a belt and braces approach as you may never be fuly aware of any underlying health probs which could affect their ability to cope with bugs ect.

With your own, common sense I think is best :thumbsup:

Alibali
09-12-2009, 01:53 PM
I go with 48 hours. If I think I won't use it in that time I freeze it:thumbsup: