PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS THE WORST CHRISTMAS PRESIE YOU EVER HAD?

angeldelight
08-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Was it something that you would never use ?

Something that you hated ?

Something really useless?

Something for the home - but you would have prefered something more personal ?

Name your worst gifts .......

Angel xx

Pauline
08-12-2009, 10:13 PM
You know mine Angel, because it has been mentioned in previous posts like this......

the BIG KNICKERS :laughing:

(many,many years ago and from a parent :blush:)

nannymcflea
08-12-2009, 10:15 PM
You know mine Angel, because it has been mentioned in previous posts like this......

I'll swap your big knickers for a sandwich toaster....:laughing:

sweets
08-12-2009, 10:15 PM

(many,many years ago and from a parent :blush:)

you got big knickers from a parent?????:eek:

zillervalley
08-12-2009, 10:17 PM
the first year we were my married I got a hoover off hubby I went mental

PixiePetal
08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Unglazed pottery - couldn't touch it, made me cringe. Unfortunately we got more from the set for the next 3 years in a row from sister in law. Every year we wondered 'what would it be this time!'

Gave it all to a friend for her DH cricket club raffle - someone must like rustic pottery :o

angeldelight
08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
you got big knickers from a parent?????:eek:

Yes and she still wears them

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xxx

babs
08-12-2009, 10:32 PM
a tin fariy off my oldest sister ... hubby put it in one hand and crushed it .. it really was like tin . shes never asked where it is thou :idea: :idea: :idea:

breezy
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
A brick, it's a brick salvaged from the cavern club in Liverpool complete with certificate of authenticity and booklet. I was 13 when I got it, you can imagine how chuffed I was :laughing:

wendywu
08-12-2009, 10:38 PM
One bath towel between DH and i from his nan :laughing:

Pauline
09-12-2009, 07:20 AM
One bath towel between DH and i from his nan :laughing:

Oooh perhaps she thought it would bring you together :laughing:

Pauline
09-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Yes and she still wears them

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xxx

:laughing::laughing::laughing: No chance :laughing:

daisyboo1980
09-12-2009, 07:25 AM
a lord of the rings doll from my ex that was it after i bought him a bike i dont even like lord of the rings

sue m
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
My first husband bought me saucepans one Christmas and then a vacuum another. :mad:

angeldelight
09-12-2009, 07:42 AM
My first husband bought me saucepans one Christmas and then a vacuum another. :mad:

Was he trying to tell you something Sue ?

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

sue m
09-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah Angel, that he was a *******! :( He never bought me anything nice! :D I don't get anything now. Aaaahhhhhh.;)

nell57
09-12-2009, 08:10 AM
On our first Christmas together my dh bought me a kitchen knife:rolleyes: :D

ajs
09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
do you really want me to type it again

ok then

an electric nit comb

an iron and ironing board

and for my 40th birthday he bought me a washing line and pole

true love eh

Mollymop
09-12-2009, 10:13 AM
My MIL always without a doubt each year gets me tat

i shouldn't sound so ungrateful really but she never puts thoughts into my presents.

I got a steamer from her 2 years running (the same one:rolleyes: )

and she always gets me Charlie perfume - Charlie Red last year and the year before Charlie blinking Blue! yuk!!

mum2two
09-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Every year MIL gets me turkish delight. Every year DH tells her I don't like it... :rolleyes:

xx

RedDragon
09-12-2009, 11:07 AM
One Christmas Eve husband really wanted to open a bottle of whiskey that was all wrapped up from my mum. I eventually gave in and said "Oh go on then", thinking we could have a nice drink together.

He opened it and it was a 99p bottle of Christmas Ale.

His face was an absolute picture and now he hates spending on her.

Bananabrain
09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
A dinner service {we had been going out for 6 weeks} and a fold up chair because I happened to mention in passing that I liked it.
We are now divorced.:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Bananabrain
09-12-2009, 01:21 PM
The electric nit comb just reminded me.
My first husband bought me a book on potty training and was seriously slighty bemused as to why I wasn't pleased.
If only I were joking.

Bananabrain
09-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Every year MIL gets me turkish delight. Every year DH tells her I don't like it... :rolleyes:

xx

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:
That's so funny,sorry for laughing.

Alibali
09-12-2009, 01:31 PM
A Rick Astley record from my ex SIL, I hate Rick Astley and she knew it!!!

Oh and then there was the electric paper shredder from dh:)

cabby
09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
last year my MIL rang us on christmas eve and said
"buy yourselves something nice for christmas, and put our name on it":panic: :eek: :eek: and we will do the same here!!! we had already sent their presents to them:angry: :angry:

cheeky:censored:

Pauline
09-12-2009, 06:02 PM
My MIL always without a doubt each year gets me tat

i shouldn't sound so ungrateful really but she never puts thoughts into my presents.

I got a steamer from her 2 years running (the same one:rolleyes: )

and she always gets me Charlie perfume - Charlie Red last year and the year before Charlie blinking Blue! yuk!!

Reading some of these I think I was so lucky to have lovely in laws, one year they gave me a sewing machine :)

angeldelight
09-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Reading some of these I think I was so lucky to have lovely in laws, one year they gave me a sewing machine :)

Never mind in laws

Just happy that I know nice people and have a nice family

Most of the time I get something that I like / want

Some of these have made me laugh though

Angel xx

Trouble
09-12-2009, 07:42 PM
a Cheese board with cheese:eek: :angry:

or a scraper with di icer:angry: :angry:

or silver jewellry (nickel allergy):angry: :mad:

Trouble
09-12-2009, 07:43 PM
oh sorry loads of bottles of wine

I dont even DRINK:angry: :angry: :angry:

TheBTeam
09-12-2009, 07:44 PM
My mil bought me most of the nicest clothes that i had, and even the ones from dh were chosen by her! She knew what looked good on me and it was usually something i would never have looked at.

I have been bought a shredder, and a glass shoe with baileys in, yuk and yuk again, but i know someone who loves baileys so i just handed over my one and only present!

carlen222
09-12-2009, 08:33 PM
my mum bought me a pair of sterling silver GRAPE scissors!!! never heard of scissors to cut the grape vines before!!! and what a waste of time using scissors when you can just pull the grapes off the vine lol

she loves buying things out these crazy catalogues that come in, there expensive aswell!!!

oh and the same year i got a sterling silver spoon for honey!!!! i put it in the dishwasher and it came out a lovely bright gold colour!! my daughter loves it now lol xx

Annie_T
09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
my deep fat fryer & kettle from my then hubby - he said'well you said you wanted get one for house, so i did' .. erm yeah not as MY Bloooming present love !! lol x

Gizmo
09-12-2009, 09:16 PM
my mil has got us some great ones over the years
She got a joint pressie for me and dh of a water jug dh opened it and the handle fell off mil was so shocked, I got that from Debanhams she said
Another time dh got a wine bottle holder but no wine, the get one free of James Bond videos
I get the free gifts from Boots and she keeps the stuff she has brought
She got my sil earrings only to be told she doesnt have her ears pierced, I know that she said I thought you could give them away to someone
This year we are getting pots for the garden I havent told dh yet cant imagine what his reaction will be :laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
09-12-2009, 10:32 PM
my mum bought me a pair of sterling silver GRAPE scissors!!! never heard of scissors to cut the grape vines before!!! and what a waste of time using scissors when you can just pull the grapes off the vine lol

she loves buying things out these crazy catalogues that come in, there expensive aswell!!!

oh and the same year i got a sterling silver spoon for honey!!!! i put it in the dishwasher and it came out a lovely bright gold colour!! my daughter loves it now lol xx

Grape Scissors ???

Angel xx

Daddy Day Care
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Angel you always ask these questions but rarely them so coemon tell us yours????.

I Cant really remember any real bad presents ive had,last year i got a new clother horse, baking trays and saucepans of my mum but id asked for them because we needed them.

Id much rather have something I need and will use rather then the sameold socks, slippers chocs etc

GAreth
xx

angeldelight
09-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Angel you always ask these questions but rarely them so coemon tell us yours????.

IGAreth
xx

Very true I am usually laughing so much at everyone else :laughing:

I cant really say I have ever had anything horrible everyone tries their hardest to buy me what I like

Angel xxx

Daddy Day Care
09-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Very true I am usually laughing so much at everyone else :laughing:

I cant really say I have ever had anything horrible everyone tries their hardest to buy me what I like

Angel xxx

boooooooooo thats not an answer cmon tell us

Desi-101
09-12-2009, 11:46 PM
:ROFL1:

really laughing at your pressies! Years ago I worked for an american company and their tradition was pick a name from a hat and give that person a pressie, my friend and I (being the only 2 non-texans) didn't get the joke of it and we bought really nice gifts..... I got a used colander which was melted on the side from being accidently put in the dishwasher and my friend got a "douche bag" (I was only 18 at the time and loudly asked what its for! still blush thinking about the replies!!!

Wiggly
10-12-2009, 08:37 AM
My hubby bought me a classic about 3 years ago - a sellotape dispenser - oh and of course - sellotape to go with it. I had been moaning about how difficult it was to wrap presents with the sellotape keep getting re-stuck and making him help me. To get himself out of the job - he bought the dispenser and is very proud of it. To say I was dischuffed with what he believed to be a very thoughtful present would be an understatement.

I have to admit - wrapping presents is much easier these days but I wouldn't tell him that.

Wiggly
x