PDA

View Full Version : Fire Brigade Question

whitedove
05-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Do they have to come to my house ?
Or do I just have to write a fire plan .

LittleMissSparkles
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I dont think they have too but just imagine it a big red fire engine parked outside full of fire men coming to see you !!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: xxx

whitedove
05-03-2008, 07:29 PM
thats just the thoughts I had buzzin threw my norty head lol

now where did i put there number :blush:

sarah707
05-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I had a visit cos there was a fire in the street and they dropped leaflets and then came to every house... I think you have to have a visit if you are registering for overnight care (sure someone will correct me if I am wrong).

Otherwise, you just need to do a fire escape plan - note down exits, location of fire blanket and alarms.

There's a good one with floor plans on www.bromleycma.org.uk :D

whitedove
05-03-2008, 07:37 PM
thanks sarahnev :D

how did you get so good at all this...Loved your website btw Its amazing :thumbsup:

Clever Clogs
05-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi there

I had to get the fire brigade out although to be honest they didn't look round the property or anything. Just sat in teh living room and made notes. Quite embarrasing though seeing the big red fire engine drive up and park outside the house with loads of firemen sitting inside. Could see the neighbours nosying.

Tracey

whitedove
05-03-2008, 07:46 PM
My other half is having a panic attack at the thought of all them strapping lads surrounding me in the kitchen while we chat about smoke alarms and the like lol

Not every been one for a man in uniform..so dont think he has any worries there

Heaven Scent
06-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I haad fire men out but all they said was to keep the study door closed when anyone in the attic and not to let anyone sleep up there. they also sais that they couldn't give advisce on escape routes etc.

Celine

angeldelight
06-03-2008, 06:01 AM
We had leaflets through our door recently saying we could request a visit

Sounds good to me who cares if we have to or not ha

Angel xx

miffy
06-03-2008, 06:51 AM
One of the childminders in our group had a contact at the local fire station and got the fire engine round the kids (and us) loved it!

Miffy xx

tinytigers
06-03-2008, 08:17 AM
I had them out last week just for my own amusement really. :blush:

It was ok as I got 2 new smoke alarms out of them but apart from that they just gave basic advice like not to leave a chip pan on unattended and candles etc.

They said house seemed as safe as it could be.

flora
06-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I had a visit cos there was a fire in the street and they dropped leaflets and then came to every house... I think you have to have a visit if you are registering for overnight care (sure someone will correct me if I am wrong).

Otherwise, you just need to do a fire escape plan - note down exits, location of fire blanket and alarms.

There's a good one with floor plans on www.bromleycma.org.uk :D

You no longer need a fire inspection for ovenight care, you just have to show you've thought about escape plans and you have smoke alarms on each floor and you have to tell ofsted that you would save the minded kids over your own!!!! Would be a toughie if I was here on my own , but if nige is here I would let him sort ours and I would do the mindees.:thumbsup: Thats what ofsted want to hear anyway. :D

samgeordie
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
in my area they come and visit your house to do a report and if they have any recommendations for you to do so that you can childmind. The Care commission need a copy of the report too.

I had my visit on tues, had 3 firemen in my house and they also did a home safety check as well, they were very friendly and let my daughter go in the back seat of the engine and try a helmet on.

Its good fun, get them out,:laughing: