PDA

View Full Version : Sending a variation request

Denise D
08-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Is it best to email or post a variation request to Ofsted? I have a daughter who is a rising-five in full-time school, and I'm going to ask Ofsted to allow me one more child in the early years age group.

Also, do I have to specifically name a child I may use the space for, or can I just ask for the variation to have this space available to me?

Lastly, does anyone have the email address or postal address I should send my request to?

Thanks all for your help! :)

beccas
08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
ring ofsted i did when my daugther turned 5 and they will email you a form to fill in and email back to them.

Denise D
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks, Becca. I know this sounds chicken, but I am afraid to ring them as the last time I posed this question to them over the phone, they did not say yes! They told me that I could not have my certificate changed until the September after her 5th birthday! That's why I thought I would try with a variation request done in writing.

Has anyone gotten a good result when your own child is a rising five?

beccas
08-12-2009, 02:14 PM
i did at my ofsted inspection she told me i could now have 3 children under 5 and a variation on my over fives which meant i could didnt have to worry about extra children. hth