PDA

View Full Version : 6 year ol dd's "friends"!

nannymcflea
07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
A is 6 and invited sisters round to play after school....quite normal for girls to do.

They told hubby to "get out", not in a joking way, jumped on our sofa, talked about "private parts" at the dinner table and finally the eldest 6 year old said SH*T...:eek: (yes I raised my voice and threatened to ring mum!)

Will I be encouraging this friendship...will I heck!

What a couple of hours.:(

mama2three
07-12-2009, 05:36 PM
oh dear! will you say anything to their mum?

wendywu
07-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Dont bother putting them on your christmas card list then :laughing:

sarah707
07-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Lovely! :rolleyes:

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 05:44 PM
i remember a similar incident with my ds when he was about the same age he asked if Z could come and play , longest 3 hours of my life, he was awful, got in the car to take him home and he told me i was a biatch and my car smelt like sh*! and proudly spelt it for me too, he was sent straight to bed when he got home after i told his mum about his behaviour and i told my ds never to invite him again and we never have had him back as far as i know hes still the same now a little &$£"

really feel for you hunnie its awful when you invite kids into your home and they dont have the respect your own kids have for your home x

nannymcflea
07-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Told mum that she had sworn...mum just said "you can't go to people's houses and use rude language".

No telling off, nothing....guess that it's ok to swear as long as it's not round other peoples houses then!:eek:

Tatia
07-12-2009, 07:10 PM
What must their home lives be like?! :eek: I'd be mortified if my child acted that way!!! Then again, my child would never act that way because she's been taught better than that.:panic:

LOOPYLISA
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM
What must their home lives be like?! :eek: I'd be mortified if my child acted that way!!! Then again, my child would never act that way because she's been taught better than that.:panic:

Exactly :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Hubby took girls to school this morning. Mum appologised profusely and said she had sent 6 year old to bed, telling her she was disgusted with her behaviour. She also said "I hope her behaviour won't stop the girls seeing each other"....:eek:

Well, since dd likes her "sometimes when she's not being silly"(her words) I said we would invite them round one at a time, when I have time to ensure I can be in full sight all the time...not what I'd usually do as dd herself is (after yesterday I realise this now!:D ) very well behaved!

So soft old me is going to give her another chance, well she is only 6!

Thanks for all your replys, it was certainly an eye opener for me in 20 years of childcare.

Mouse
08-12-2009, 11:38 AM
dd herself is (after yesterday I realise this now!:D ) very well behaved!

That's why we invite their friends round for tea - so we realise how well behaved our own children are :thumbsup: