PDA

View Full Version : Lovely weekend

TheBTeam
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I can finally post something nice, I had a fantastic weekend in Prague, it is a beautiful place and had 5 other women that I went with, we had a really lovely time and it was an enjoyable break for the night from family and childminding stresses.

We shopped in the Christmas markets, did some sightseeing and had a really good laugh, it was nice to forget for a while the anniversay this week of mil dying and a much needed break from everyday hassles here.

What a treat for me to be able to be away for the night, had lots of grief from dh before I went, but i think he knew i was determined to go and even though he wouldn't admit it, i think he knew that i really needed a break.

He managed fine with the kids, no one murdered anyone and we all lived to tell the tale, so i used this as a chance to remind him that i will want to do something similar next year!!!!:laughing: The overnight break was just what I needed to recharge, although back to life back to reality with a vengeance Monday morning!!

Still if you didn't need it you wouldn't appreciate it!

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 04:54 PM
glad you enjoyed your stay in Prague xxx :thumbsup:

little miss chatterbox
07-12-2009, 04:54 PM
awww I;m so glad you had a lovely time - it sure sounded like you needed it.

I'm very jealous! did your friend find her passport?

Next year sounds like a lovely idea but maybe you should go for more than one night!

ajs
07-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I can finally post something nice, I had a fantastic weekend in Prague, it is a beautiful place and had 5 other women that I went with, we had a really lovely time and it was an enjoyable break for the night from family and childminding stresses.

We shopped in the Christmas markets, did some sightseeing and had a really good laugh, it was nice to forget for a while the anniversay this week of mil dying and a much needed break from everyday hassles here.

What a treat for me to be able to be away for the night, had lots of grief from dh before I went, but i think he knew i was determined to go and even though he wouldn't admit it, i think he knew that i really needed a break.

He managed fine with the kids, no one murdered anyone and we all lived to tell the tale, so i used this as a chance to remind him that i will want to do something similar next year!!!!:laughing: The overnight break was just what I needed to recharge, although back to life back to reality with a vengeance Monday morning!!

Still if you didn't need it you wouldn't appreciate it!

glad you had a good time
next year we will be meeting in manchester for the early years show and staying the night again
and at christmas we will be having another night out

so there's two reasons to get out of the house

mama2three
07-12-2009, 05:38 PM
sounds like you had a lovely , and very deserved , break.
can just imagine my dh's reaction if i suggested anything like that!

nannymcflea
07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Glad you had a lovely time with the girls.:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Last year I managed Paris for the day and the year before copenhagen for the day, but the people i went with said we needed a night away for Prague and who was i to argue.

I am lucky in that although it isn't wildly expensive I can afford to go with things as they are, the grief i get is from dh, but i have a very persuasive friend, and I know that it really does me some good!

I do not get any other breaks from my family and I work full time all year round, so I do not think that it is wrong to just leave my family for one night, my dh gives me no end of stick/grief and tries to put me down for wanting to go, but I have become very thick skinned over the years, and hopefully next year we will have some silent acceptance!:rolleyes:

Yes my friend found her passport, so i got the sight of her in her thermals to share a room with!:laughing: :laughing:

Would highly recommend Prague as a place to visit, the christmas markets and the sightseeing were fantastic, put Paris to shame last year!

Twinkles
07-12-2009, 07:20 PM
So glad you had a good time , you deserve it.

I go away for a week every May to Spain with some of my female friends. I think DH quite likes me going :rolleyes:

angeldelight
08-12-2009, 07:14 AM
So glad you had a lovely time you sooooooo deserve it

Hope you are ok

Angel xx

nell57
08-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Just read another of your posts where you were really down and having a tough time, so glad to hear you've had a good time and feeling better:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
08-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Glad you had a good time, it's healthy to have a break from everything now and then. DH, before we were married and had kids, used to go off without a thought and leave me for a weeks duck shooting :rolleyes:

I went for odd nights when the kids were younger and at the end of Nov stretched it to 3 nights away with 'the girls' :thumbsup:

DD at 15 had DS13 and dad under control - there is always the takeaway :laughing: She made sure washing up got done, washed the school clothes for Monday and even better, my cleaner came on Monday morning before I got back so house was spotless after kids gone to school and DH at work! :clapping:

Looking ahead to our next break now :thumbsup: