PDA

View Full Version : go go hamsters

Daddy Day Care
07-12-2009, 10:55 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20091207/tuk-go-go-hamsters-poison-scare-amid-chr-dba1618.html

:eek: :eek:

LOOPYLISA
07-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I read this in the paper this morning :eek:

venus89
07-12-2009, 11:10 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's awful

ORKSIE
07-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I heard about this on the radio this morning:eek:

Bushpig
07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
That's why I'll stick with the real thing :thumbsup:

I hope they can recall them all back in time...

Noodles
07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh dear thats the one i got for dd christmas

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM
latest news here updated 46 mins ago

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20091207/tuk-cepia-llc-hamster-toy-is-safe-to-go-dba1618.html

Bushpig
07-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Heck, just looked at the price - they're expensive!:eek:

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Heck, just looked at the price - they're expensive!:eek:

hubby only paid £7 each for ds's for christmas they are going for anything up to £50 on amazon and ebay now no way i'd pay that for a go go hamster :eek:

Mollymop
07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Well I thought I had a good excuse for not buying my dd one now they are are saying they are safe! darn it!
She is still not getting one - they are too expensive and look rubbish. If she wants one she will have to buy one out of her own xmas money/vouchers.

After all we have a real dog, tortoise, lizard and fish - why would she want one of those - i will never understand:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
07-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Well I thought I had a good excuse for not buying my dd one now they are are saying they are safe! darn it!
She is still not getting one - they are too expensive and look rubbish. If she wants one she will have to buy one out of her own xmas money/vouchers.

After all we have a real dog, tortoise, lizard and fish - why would she want one of those - i will never understand:laughing:

I think they look rubbish too, we have 2 guinea pigs and 3 cats :thumbsup:

And dd is 12 nearly so thank goodness she doesnt want one :D

Bananabrain
07-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without some toy scare or another!!!
There's prob 'traces' of poison in alot of things.

red-ona
07-12-2009, 01:56 PM
hubby only paid £7 each for ds's for christmas they are going for anything up to £50 on amazon and ebay now no way i'd pay that for a go go hamster :eek:

syli why somebady would pay £50

Ripeberry
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
You'd get more fun from a real hamster :) Also keeping a real pet teaches children how to care for animals. Over-priced for what they are :mad:

emmadines
07-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Hello I emailed them this morning and this is the reply I got

Dear Emma

I write in response to your recent e mail, concerning the report published by the Good Guide on Mr Squiggles from the Go Go Pet Range.

The Character Group plc (“Character” or “Group”), whose trading subsidiary Character Options Limited is the UK distributor of Go Go Pets (sold worldwide as Zhu Zhu Pets), today re-confirmed that, following further, independent testing overnight by SGS in Hong Kong, the toys in this popular range meet and fully comply with the extremely stringent safety and quality standards and regulations imposed by the European authorities (EN71).

The safety confirmation follows a report published last week by the Good Guide, an independent US based consumer group, in which one item in the range - the hamster Mr Squiggles - was inaccurately alleged to contain more than the permitted level of the chemical Antimony.

Yesterday (6.12.09), the Good Guide issued a further release explaining the testing methods adopted and equipment used in their tests. It is clear from this that the testing protocols used by Good Guide were not compliant with EU or US standards and that the equipment used (an XRF gun) is not a method of testing compliance that is accepted by the EU or US regulatory bodies. Accordingly, the Good Guide testing process was flawed, the results meaningless and the safety concerns expressed on the basis of these results, entirely groundless.

Russ Hornsby, CEO of the manufacturer, Cepia LLC, has confirmed to Character Group that Cepia has referred this incident to its US Attorneys and is considering proceedings against the Good Guide.

Richard King, Executive Chairman of Character, commented:

“Safety of children has always been the Company’s top priority and we take all reasonable steps to ensure that all our products, both those we design and develop under our own brand and those we distribute on behalf of other manufacturers, are safe and fully compliant with all applicable standards.”

“It is unfortunate that the media have picked up a misguided safety statement from a start-up consumer group in the US and have blown it up into front page news in the UK before taking steps to check the veracity of the statements. The disruption to the retail toy trade by the publication of unfounded claims and views at this important time of year is not fair to the UK Toy trade, which goes to great lengths to sell and promote only safe toys.”

Jon Diver, Joint-MD of the Group added:

“Character Options is confident that all the toys in the Go Go Pets collection are completely safe. All our products, whether our own brand or those we distribute, are tested by independent accredited laboratories. In addition, during the manufacture and again before shipment, we conduct our own internal diligence programme through which the safety of all our products is ratified.”

For more information about the testing Of Go Go pets and to review the test results by Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, go to www.ZhuZhuPets.com

We hope that the above is of some reassurance, and may we assure you of our best attention at all times.

Regards

Tracy
Customer Service Supervisor

Annie_T
08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
there was soemthing on news tonight bout go go hamsters but as i was cooking and cleaning i no idea what it was all bout x

my son wants one lol ... sorry i see them as girly toy but boys can play with them .. but you know what i meanx

angeldelight
08-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Think I will stick with the mini pig :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1218472/The-700-teacup-sized-pigs-latest-celebrity-pet.html

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
08-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I have bought DD 2 and she will still be having them for Christmas. I got one out to play with and it was really good and mindees took it everywhere with them for the day I had it out the packed.

aly
08-12-2009, 10:30 AM
its been proved they are safe....

if anyone wants one they are now on woolworths site.

Mari
08-12-2009, 07:50 PM
We have them, had them since the summer, but they don't play with them that often, so I don't think it's worth paying the extortionate prices that some companies are charging.

We also have a real hamster and he stinks although I am constantly cleaning him.

Trouble
09-12-2009, 01:47 PM
i havee under my desk in a box for xmas what do i do with it now?????

bin it????

LittleMissSparkles
09-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Think I will stick with the mini pig :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1218472/The-700-teacup-sized-pigs-latest-celebrity-pet.html

Angel xx

they are georgeous x

FizzysFriends
09-12-2009, 01:54 PM
i havee under my desk in a box for xmas what do i do with it now?????

bin it????

Are you in an office? If you are get it out and set it off in the middle of the office (I did :blush: ).

They have decided they are safe now.