PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to make Christmas special

RedDragon
07-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I am a bit of a softy when it comes to Christmas.

So far Santa has phoned D, he has also received an online video - both fantastic.

In the past we have found snowy footprints on the stairs (talc), a present stuck up the chimney on Christmas morning, selection boxes in the garden after we saw Santa and the elves in a hot air balloon.

Anyone got any new ideas to keep the excitement and magic going?

D is 8

Joannechildmind
07-12-2009, 10:49 AM
i always put sheets of paper on the floor in the kitchen christmas eve then get the dog next door to walk over it (with muddy feet) and tell my dd its from the reindeers worked a treat for years :thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I always leave half a mince pie and half a carrot and tell dd that santa must have been full or too busy to finish it but didnt want to not have any as she had kindly left them their for them , she always thinks its lovely he tried them ! :laughing:

always always drink the baileys though :D

Twinkles
07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
After dinner on Christmas eve we light all the candles in the lounge and the Christmas tree lights and I read the poem 'The Night Before Christmas' .

At that point when my children were little it was time for them to go to bed , now they just go down the pub :laughing: But they still insist I read the poem - the big softies :D

Tink
07-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I absolutely love this time of year. My little one is 18 months at Christmas. We put our tree up yesterday and she loves it with all the lights.

I've bought some bird food and put it in a little bag with glitter for her to put on the grass x-mas eve for the reindeer and hubby is insisting on the talc thing, he wants to talc the kitchen and living room and walk in with his boots on like Santa's footprints.

We will also make mince pies to leave Santa a snack he he I can't wait.

carlen222
07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
After dinner on Christmas eve we light all the candles in the lounge and the Christmas tree lights and I read the poem 'The Night Before Christmas' .

At that point when my children were little it was time for them to go to bed , now they just go down the pub :laughing: But they still insist I read the poem - the big softies :D

haha!!! love it!!!!

i read that poem to my 5 year old last night, i just think its an amazing poem!!! (not so keen on santa smoking a pipe right enough lol)

carlen222
09-12-2009, 08:45 PM
I've bought some bird food and put it in a little bag with glitter for her to put on the grass x-mas eve for the reindeer and hubby is insisting on the talc thing, he wants to talc the kitchen and living room and walk in with his boots on like Santa's footprints.

came across this lovely poem for the reindeer glitter....

'on christmas eve before you sleep,
sprinkle outside but do not peep!
santa's reindeer fly and roam
this will guide them to your home'

xx