PDA

View Full Version : Keeping registration open but not minding?

kiddywink
06-12-2009, 10:54 PM
H,i I am thinking of having a break from childminding next year for possibly a couple of years. I was just wondering if you pay your registration fee each year, how long are you able to stay registered and are you still inspected if your not minding? My inspection is due December next year. I would like to keep it open as I may want to childmind in the future. We are hoping to move house and my toddler is becoming a full time job!! so just wanted a break for a while and see how things go! Or would I have to register from scratch again?

Thanks

Zoomie
07-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I think you can go for 3 years, but you are best checking it out with Ofsted directly.

Desi-101
10-12-2009, 01:00 AM
On the fee I think you have to pay for that, on the inspection I was registered in April of this year and as I have no mindees they confirmed on the phone and in writing that they are not inspecting me but if I do get a eyfs child I have to notify them imediately and they will come and inspect. Best to phone and clarify but logically if you want to stay registered you have to pay the fee. Keep us posted as to the outcome :)

izzy
10-12-2009, 12:35 PM
hi, i am having a cm break at the moment and ofsted told me i can have 3yrs and in some cases longer just let them know. i am going to be nannying for a while - all the mess in their house and not mine for a change!!
enjoy the break
sue x