PDA

View Full Version : help with pre reg questions

newadventure
06-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Please can someone offer me some advice Im going through my preparing for ofsted visit form and Im trying to go through my answers

The first question 1 what does safeguarding children mean?

Is this just my safeguarding children policy?

Or do I need to think further afield

Does it include managing behaviour and keeping children healthy

Thanks

newadventure
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Soory to be a pain but would what I have written below cover what they expect in this section?

How will you enable children
to become independent and still keep themselves safe?

I will make sure children are aware of stranger danager and work with the parents to teach the children about road safety.

Thanks

Chell
07-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm filling a similar form at the moment. It took me 45 minutes yesterday to find the answer to one question! It is taking me forever to complete while creating/amending (found them on NCMA and Bromley Childminging Association sites) relevant policies as I go.

I've got my last First Aid session tonight so should also be reading over the info ready for the test.

mama2three
07-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Soory to be a pain but would what I have written below cover what they expect in this section?

How will you enable children
to become independent and still keep themselves safe?

I will make sure children are aware of stranger danager and work with the parents to teach the children about road safety.

Thanks

i would say its about providing experiences where they can explore their own abilities , letting them take managed risks to teach them to 'risk assess' for themselves as they get older. explaining why they can or cant do certain things , talking about safety in general , fire drills etc ,