PDA

View Full Version : my gingerbread house

Blackhorse
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
just finished making it...

really like it and dd too..
wonder what the mindees will make of it tomorrow!!

LOOPYLISA
06-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow looks fab :clapping:

patevans
06-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Thats fabby :clapping:

Zoomie
06-12-2009, 07:29 PM
think it is absolutely fab.

I am not familiar with gingerbread houses ... so without googling it, what are you suppose to do with it ?

Blackhorse
06-12-2009, 07:30 PM
it is a decoration for advent/christmas...:thumbsup:

maybe it is more common in austria...not sure...

I think over here or in the US you also get them for easter decorated easter style with bunnies etc...

PixiePetal
06-12-2009, 07:34 PM
It's lovely, will you eat it later?

If I am ever visiting my brother, who lives up your way, I will be giving you a call and be in to try some of your baking - you are always making something :thumbsup: :)

sweets
06-12-2009, 07:35 PM
i bought a pre-shaped and cooked one from ikea last year. it was an absolute nightmare to put together, and if the children hadnt have been there the air would have been blue!!!

All we had to do was decorate it and stick it together, but it just wouldnt stick! i had it propped up inside with tubs and glasses just so it would stand up momentarily so i could take a photo! lol.

yours look brill tho.:clapping:

Zoemum2four
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
loverly :D

Twinkles
06-12-2009, 07:44 PM
It's fab :clapping:

I usually get the one from Ikea. The trick to stick it together is use icing sugar and leave it to set.

Last year one of the cats sat on ours and squashed it :laughing:

Blackhorse
06-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I baked all the pieces today..

for the glue I used 2 egg whites and 500g icing sugar

beat the eggwhites until stiff and then beat in the icing sugar...a spoonful at a time..towards the end you can add more at one go.

it will make a perfect glue that will stick in seconds.
then you can use the rest to make decorations or attach things to the house..

this way you wont have any issues glueing it together..!!:thumbsup:

fionamal
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Ive got a kit one from Aldi to build and stick together with the kids. Was going to do it on Xmas eve so we can use it as a centre peice for the table on Xmas day

ORKSIE
06-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Looks good enough to eat:D

Looks lovely:clapping:

Bushpig
06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
That's really creative... well done! YUM :thumbsup:

sarah32
06-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Looks brilliant:)

Blackhorse
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM
It's lovely, will you eat it later?

If I am ever visiting my brother, who lives up your way, I will be giving you a call and be in to try some of your baking - you are always making something :thumbsup: :)

You are more than welcome!! :clapping:

wendywu
06-12-2009, 10:45 PM
What a fab ginger bread house. That sums up christmas to me, and i love the smell of it baking. I think i might come to youe house for Christmas Blackhorse :)

Heaven Scent
06-12-2009, 11:30 PM
When I was in Kuala Lumpur just before Christmas last year on my way to Indonesia there was a bakery in the the hotel I stayed in which had hundreds of them and there were loads of people coming in and out buying them. There were loads of different shapes and sizes I would have loved to have bought one but I don't think it would have travelled well - I love ginger bread and ginger cake - I like lemon on ginger tea too so if I bought one I probably would have been the only one to eat it - actually I probably would have had to fight DD for it.

I did buy some Christmas Tree and Santa shortbread biscuits from Aldi which I brought for my 2 to decorate for Chritsmas day - but the pair of bliters ate them on the flight on the way there while I was sleeping!!! They even ate some of the chocolate decorations I bought to hang on the tree that DH bought for the hotel room - Typical.

singingcactus
07-12-2009, 08:21 AM
It is very nice :) . We will be doing ours in two weeks once the last mindee has gone home - or she will EAT it. :laughing:

Tink
07-12-2009, 08:24 AM
That's fantastic well done you. Wonder how long it will stay like that once you get the little ones in:eek:

wendywu
07-12-2009, 08:30 AM
We went to the Landmark Hotel in london for afternoon tea one boxing day. They had a massive one there, done as a replica of the hotel, correct to the smallest detail. The windows were even lit. It was lovely.:) And do was the tea:)