PDA

View Full Version : Sickness Policy & Charging

Zoomie
05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
another one ... (sorry)

if you become ill because of a mindee, and you want to add in a clause that you will still charge parent for this (because they sent sick child in), how do you word it ?

hello kitty
06-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Well I wouldn't, I mean how could you prove it? :huh:

charliegee
06-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I don' t see how you could inforce that hun - it's annoying though - understand what you mean and are trying to put in policies.

Could you put it in your sickness policy or newsletter to remind about not sending a child if they are unwell and perhaps write more about when you will not accept a child or send them home?

x

Heaven Scent
06-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't think you can as they could sue you for loss of earnings or for the sum they paid out on alternative care.

Carol M
06-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Difficult to prove you got it from them. Have a detailed policy that states that you will not mind children who are infectious.I enclose with my policy guidelines for exclusion from local county council or you could use from HPA.
I state that I will care for children with mild colds and usual teething issues but if they develop a high temp or are not up to daily routine at mine they must be collected.
Over the years I have, or my family have, contracted illness probably brought in by minded children.
Its a big problem area in our line of work
Carol:mad:

miffy
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't think you could do this. Unfortunately picking up bugs from the little germ factories that some kids are is an occupational hazard.............

Miffy xx