PDA

View Full Version : Need insperation

Hebs
05-12-2009, 08:06 PM
guys,

i'm decorating my bedroom when we come back from Egypt, got plasterer booked :clapping:

i want this bed...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390124438073&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and found black and walnut wardrobes too :clapping:

what colour would you do the walls???

PAINT not wallpaper :thumbsup:

sweets
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
love the bed!

i know it sounds boring but i would just paint the walls magnolia or something similar. the bed is a statement in itself and it sounds like your wardrobes will be too so i would def go for plain walls or it might look 'fussy'.

you can always add artwork to break the walls up.

Hebs
05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
hmm maybe,

i do want a quote (wall art) to go above my bed :thumbsup: so could get that in black and keep the walls netural??

beccas
05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
i agree a neutral colour would suit yr room maybe a beige browny magnolia if that makes sense :rolleyes: but you know instead of a cream magnolia as magnolia comes in a number of different variety of colours

amanda1309
05-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Love the bed its beautiful.

Agree with the others keep the walls neutral

fionamal
05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
WOW! Love the bed.

Colourwise I would have main wall in either a black metallic with the rest in a beige/grey colour
or do it all in the same pale colour and have bedding and curtains in the black/cream.

B&Q had some lovely beddings, curtains etc in the black and silver and black and fusia pink

Hebs
05-12-2009, 10:06 PM
WOW! Love the bed.

Colourwise I would have main wall in either a black metallic with the rest in a beige/grey colour
or do it all in the same pale colour and have bedding and curtains in the black/cream.

B&Q had some lovely beddings, curtains etc in the black and silver and black and fusia pink

well this IS what i wanted but thought it might make the room look dark???
or the colour wrong lol

Mollymop
05-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I like the bed, it is fab!

I would go with the same wall colours that you see on the ebay pic, nice and neutral - and maybe a nice clean coloured wallpaper behind the bed to make a feature wall. x

Hebs
05-12-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah Mollymop, but i dont want to paper it as i'm having it skimmed.

maybe 2 different shades of cream??

Annie_T
06-12-2009, 12:00 AM
a light colour .. cream, light yellow (can get ones that dont look yellow - if make sense) Magnolia

then put some pics up that got brown & black up if got wall space in that sense