PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Ofsted coming on tuesday!!!!!!

Suzanne11
05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi All, I have Mrs Ofsted coming on tuesday and I have a few questions for you guys, firstly my paperwork is pretty good and I have lots of ideas about what I want to do but I haven't done everything to my home that I wanted to - for example I have 2 stair gates to go on the stairs but haven't had them fitted yet. Do they NEED to be fitted or will she trust that I will do it?

Also I m filling in the form in preparation for the visit and am unsure about the question about adult to child ratios - it asks what ratios apply to my service - do they mean babies under 1 only 1, 3 under 5's and 6 kids max in total?

It also asks about staffing requirements and how they differ from early years to childcare register - does this mean... early years staffing requirements are as I mentioned above and childcare register is 6 kids max over 5 years?

Bit confused, hope someone can help. Many thanks xxxx

mrs tumble
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
hi there suzanne
i had my visit back in the summer and as long as u have done a risk assessment and can highlight all the things ur going to do to make it safe ie. where u r going to put the stair gate then ull be fine, my friend had no flooring down in her playroom and she still passed!!
good luck!!

clio0602
05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi had my inspection couple of weeks back. My inspector said that question about the differences in the registers wasn't relavent, luckily as I'd not fillled anything in for it. The ratios sound right to me.

You'll prob still pass on the gates I got actions that were to be completed within 2 wks, 1 being glass safety film which I had bought but hadn't put on yet.

You sound all organised and as long as you can point out risks and how you will deal with them you'll be fine.

Good luck x

miffy
05-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Just want to wish you good luck - you sound as though you've got everything pretty much sorted!

Miffy xx

sarah707
06-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Good luck!

Remember it's not a test, she is there to help you :D

naomiesian
06-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi, dont panic, I had mine a few months ago and the ofsted lady was lovely, she wasn`t interested in any of my planning ideas, she just wanted to know that I had activities that would include children of all ages, Risk assessments are a big thing, so have one completed you can show her if poss, she also wanted to see my daily diaries and learning journey books that I told her I had already. The only other thing I can think of is your safeguarding policy, what you should do and who you inform. Other than that relax, she is there to help you and will answer any questions you have and if your not sure of anything just tell her as we are not expected to be experts just yet!
Good luck Naomie xx

maisiemog
06-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey,

I had ofsted come to visit me in August and I was completely unprepared and I passed it! I filled in the little booklet but thats about it. We'd only done the basic safety things as our daughter was 10 months old. I just explained what we planned to do and that we were doing it as money permitted, but as I didnt plan to start minding til Jan it would all be done by then. We just walked around my house (which was a building site as well) explaining what I would do in each room and she was more than happy with that.

I also had no paperwork to show her (we didnt have a computer at the time) and she said that was fine. I did explain that I had written a list of what I needed to do and would do it as soon as we got our laptop. Again she was fine with it.

All in all I found that it was far less daunting and scary than I expected it to be. It lasts a couple of hours but its fine really. Theres so much to get through that time flies by!!

Good Luck! Sure you'll be fine!