PDA

View Full Version : zafira written off

mushpea
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
yep they wrote my zafira off, now i am so fed up casue i saved and waited ages to get it.
anyway what 7 seater cars do you all use and whats best for cheap insurance and tax

carebear25
05-12-2009, 02:37 PM
on wat basis have they written it off, is it coz it will cost 2 much for them 2 repair. Can u look in2 buyin it back off them an get sum1 2 repair it for u (im not sure if u can still do this but when i worked in insurance this could be done). Im sure there is sum1 on here who has a partner in insurance.

x

Alibali
05-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I think the zafira is still the cheapest and I loved mine, but I now have the Grand scenic and it is much easier to arrange seating etc.

Hope you get something soon.

Blackhorse
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I have a zafira now and I think it is one of the cheaper options for insurance and tax....

I really love mine as well.....wouldnt want to change it....

miffy
05-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh shame about your car - hope you get something else sorted soon

Miffy xx

RachelE
05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
I had a hyundia trajet and would loooove another one.

They arent easy to come by 2nd hand - as they are so fab! They have a bigger boot than the zafira and thats what swayed me!

Sorry to hear to your news, hope you get sorted soon.

Rachel x

ORKSIE
05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
I would get another Zafira....I love mine:clapping: :clapping:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
05-12-2009, 07:35 PM
ford s-max titanium is the best car i have ever had :clapping: would recommend to anyone wanting a 7 seater car

Heaven Scent
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I have a Citroen C8 but when I wanted to get rid of it a few years ago I thought that the Trajet was fab for the money - Better value than the Zafira - which we used to have and which is what I actually went out to look at. The only prob with a Zafira as far as childminding is concerned is fitting pushchairs in the boot when all 7 seats are up. At the moment I have a single, a double and a triple in my boot - I admit the triple is a relic from the olden days but its light and folds really small - I only use it for short runs in emergencies when I don't need to go through shop doors!!!!

Annie_T
05-12-2009, 11:58 PM
well thats good but bad hun

will you be getting a payment out on it tho from them ?

mushpea
06-12-2009, 08:52 AM
we are fully comp so should get a payout whatever happens, there is some discreponsys as to whose fault it was, my partner was just on the mini roundabout when a lady came from the right and didnt stop but because she was comming from the right we get the feeling he will get the blame even though he was already on the roundabout especialy as the damage to hers was on the side of the car and on ours it was on the front.
anyway not keen on buying it back of the insurance company as once it has been written off then it bumps up your insurance , the cost of reparis was 2300 pounds and they value the car at 2200, its a 52 reg but it has high milage so apparently this brings down the value even though its a deisel.

we have just bought a cheap pueoget estate not a 7 seater but will have to do for now and just cant take the kids to see father christmas at the zoo in the hols, good job i didnt tell them thats what we were doing:eek:

Blue Boy
06-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Like lots of others I drive a zafria and find it the cheapest.

Love
Mick xx

carebear25
06-12-2009, 10:53 AM
we are fully comp so should get a payout whatever happens, there is some discreponsys as to whose fault it was, my partner was just on the mini roundabout when a lady came from the right and didnt stop but because she was comming from the right we get the feeling he will get the blame even though he was already on the roundabout especialy as the damage to hers was on the side of the car and on ours it was on the front.
anyway not keen on buying it back of the insurance company as once it has been written off then it bumps up your insurance , the cost of reparis was 2300 pounds and they value the car at 2200, its a 52 reg but it has high milage so apparently this brings down the value even though its a deisel.

we have just bought a cheap pueoget estate not a 7 seater but will have to do for now and just cant take the kids to see father christmas at the zoo in the hols, good job i didnt tell them thats what we were doing:eek:

It may go 50/50 was there any independant witnesses for your insurance company to contact. Hope you get it sorted xx

mushpea
06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
nope no witness, just tried to insure the new car on my partners name with me as a buisness use named driver and they wanted 150 pounds more than if it was just normal social and commutin use:eek:
think it will have to go in my name for now!!