PDA

View Full Version : tips from my inspection

charliegee
04-12-2009, 10:01 PM
:laughing: Before I "got the call" I always came into this section to look for others' tips so promised myself that once I'd had my inspection I'd post so hopefully it would help someone!

Well I've just had my inspection and it went well - lovely inspector - very approachable and although quite "formal" (similar to pre reg) it was also friendly

She was with me for (I think now....) 3 hours and went though EVERYTHING!!! She checked my register and my fire blanket and that I had my first aid kit

I had completed a SEF and would def say that this was a massive help. It really helped as anything she asked - I was able to think back on what I'd wrote (ie what things came up in my SEF that I wouldn't have thought about had I not completed it ) - the SEF (for anyone who hasn't done one) really helps you evaluate EVERYTHING you do so really helps you give examples when trying to answer a question.

She went through my planning and said that planning / obs doesnt have to be detailed anymore than to show progression and in the 6 areas

...ie (as she said) as long as I could show progression...where children started...what goals we are working towards...then that was fine.

She liked photos in OBS and liked my handwashing whcih I did with the chidlren before we ate.

To be honest, she just went through everything although because I'd done a SEF and read all my policies and checked all my contracts were in right place / all correct - it was made a bit easier as I felt prepared.

It was scary but only because I was making myself scared TBH - inspector themselves were very nice and mostly just observed me and watched me with the little ones.

She asked a lot about risk assessments and safeguarding - I'd say this is what we talked most about and I was able to refer her back to my SEF

To anyone about to have their inspection or due "the call" - good luck and honestly, isn't as bad as you imagine in your head (if you're like me!!)

good luck all (and sorry if I've rambled!!):laughing:

x

TheBTeam
04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Thank you for sharing.

sarah707
05-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Thank you for sharing! :D

angeldelight
05-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Thats great

Thanks for sharing all that information

Angel xxx

Tam's Tribe
05-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the information and Well Done! :clapping:

lovemyprams
05-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Thank you for sharing. Pleased all went well.:)

charliegee
07-12-2009, 01:52 AM
ah I'm so thrilled - this forum has been so so helpful - thanks everyone :jump for joy: