PDA

View Full Version : someone from Wales help please

chels55
04-12-2009, 09:01 PM
have just been looking through my policies and procedures and seem to have misplaced some im missing standard 10, 11 and 20 out of my file can you tell me which ones they are so i can get searching please

Pauline
04-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll move this to CSSIW section, you will probably get noticed more quickly there! :thumbsup:

sarah707
05-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Standard 10 - medication

You will probably need a medication procedure and care plan for children with long term medical conditions;

Standard 11 - meals

You will need a food and drink policy showing you provide good quality meals and drinking water through the day; something showing how you ask parents for info about what their child eats / drinks before starting with you and takes note of allergies etc;

Standard 20 - equipment

Risk assessments for equipment and resources will cover this standard; you need a disability / equality of opportunity policy saying how all children will be enabled to use resources; a wish list of things you might buy in the future will go down well with Cssiw as well; you might have a large equipment policy and permission form for parents to sign.

Info taken from my e-book 33 'Childminding in Wales' :D

chels55
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
That's great i did have them i just didn't write standard 10 ect on the top like i did the others.
Thanks again Sarah, your a star!

alihatherall
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't know if this question will get answered here, but it's just an 'out of interest' question so didn't want to start a new thread on it!!

I read earlier about parental responsibility (regarding permission to give medication), that the mother automatically has PR, and the father if married to the mother during the child's conception, birth or now - i.e. that the father does not have parental responsibility if he is not married to the mother. Is that still correct (it also said something along the lines of the dad having PR if he registers the birth with the mum, which I guess most do???)

Now, if it is true and the dad didn't register the birth with the mum, and they're not married, should the National Minimum Standards
for Child Minders state that a 'parent' can give written permission for the childminder to give medication?! If the father does not have PR?

Does that make sense?
It seems like a silly question, but could be really important???

sarah707
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't know if this question will get answered here, but it's just an 'out of interest' question so didn't want to start a new thread on it!!

I read earlier about parental responsibility (regarding permission to give medication), that the mother automatically has PR, and the father if married to the mother during the child's conception, birth or now - i.e. that the father does not have parental responsibility if he is not married to the mother. Is that still correct (it also said something along the lines of the dad having PR if he registers the birth with the mum, which I guess most do???)

Now, if it is true and the dad didn't register the birth with the mum, and they're not married, should the National Minimum Standards
for Child Minders state that a 'parent' can give written permission for the childminder to give medication?! If the father does not have PR?

Does that make sense?

What an interesting thought!

Perhaps you should put it to your CC officer and see what s/he says.

Please do let us know the answer :D

Pauline
16-05-2010, 11:40 AM

Does that make sense?

Not a silly question at all, in fact a very good one and probably not confined to Wales, it would be the same in England surely, under EYFS parental permissions?