PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to charge

Lily Grace
04-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I have had a enquiry about picking up and dropping off a 3 year old from pre-school just term-time only. She will be there all day as she now has a funded place at the pre-school. I have never done this before so I am not sure what to charge. I charge £5 an hour for before/after schoolers but then she would be taking up an under 5 space. I dont think the mum would want to pay a full day rate but then again I do need to earn money!!

The Juggler
04-12-2009, 02:39 PM
how soon is she 4? If she turns 4 soon she might count as a rising 5 so then not take up an under 5 space. Otherwise I wouldn't personally do it for just after school hours.

atmkids
04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't count her as a rising 5 until she's in reception year at school. I probably wouldn't take her on as I wouldn't want the under 5 place taken for so few hours.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
how soon is she 4? If she turns 4 soon she might count as a rising 5 so then not take up an under 5 space. Otherwise I wouldn't personally do it for just after school hours.

Even if mindee turns 4 next week mindee is not counted as 5 until they go to full time education 10 sessions per week. I asked the same question of Ofsted

Fee wise I would charge £25 per day minimum charge to cover the cost of the place.

Minstrel
04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
It depends if you have mindees lined up for fullt ime slots.

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that!

I only say because I have a 3yr old who i collect from nursery at 315 till 5pm and due to enquiries thin on the ground, they haven't stopped me filling gap around them. I have a baby 10 till 3 for example.

cp1984
04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
id charge your normal hourly rate for before and after school.

The Juggler
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Even if mindee turns 4 next week mindee is not counted as 5 until they go to full time education 10 sessions per week. I asked the same question of Ofsted

Fee wise I would charge £25 per day minimum charge to cover the cost of the place.

but if she's at the nursery all day from 9-3pm, Monday to Friday, does that not count? I haven't done that but I just assumed it would be the same. I know Ofsted approved a friend before when she had a child in nursery wraparound so she could take on another (without variation). Mind you, they change their mind everyweek!