PDA

View Full Version : Handprints on canvas

sweets
03-12-2009, 07:18 PM
For the mindees parents for christmas i thought i would do their hand and footprints on canvases. has anyone done it?

need to know

what kind of paint do you use, and does it matter if its 'splodges'

do you seal it somehow afterwards?

Stanfield
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I had a kit bought for me for my first son, its fab but he was 6months old and was a little messy to say the least! It has a few splodges etc on the canvas, but I just think that shows that he actually helped me do it himself!

I have bought some canvas myself for my younger son (much cheaper than buying a kit) but am also wondering what paint to use.

Last time it was a dry block of paint that you add water to, but dont know what to do this time.

Oh and I did not seal mine either.

Please let me know if you find a good paint to use.:thumbsup:

Noodles
03-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I was in home bargins yesterday and they had sets with a canvas and blue and pink paint for childrens hand/foot print think they were something like £2.99 each

sweets
03-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I was in home bargins yesterday and they had sets with a canvas and blue and pink paint for childrens hand/foot print think they were something like £2.99 each

ooh they sound good. i was going to get some from the pound shop and do them myself but will have a look at those instead

miffy
03-12-2009, 09:41 PM

Thanks for that - going shopping tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
03-12-2009, 09:45 PM
This sounds great for christmas, Home Bargains here I come :thumbsup:

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Carol xx

little miss chatterbox
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
we don't have home bargains - boo!!!!

Chell
03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
How old are your mindees? My 16mth old DD wasn't a happy bunny when I tried to do her hand and foot prints the other day! I managed one foot print before she got upset. I then tried her hand and she really didn't like it so I cleaned her quickly and never got the print.

I wanted them for a reindeer design card.

miffy
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
How old are your mindees? My 16mth old DD wasn't a happy bunny when I tried to do her hand and foot prints the other day! I managed one foot print before she got upset. I then tried her hand and she really didn't like it so I cleaned her quickly and never got the print.

I wanted them for a reindeer design card.

You could try drawing round her hands and feet instead and cutting them out. It will still be tricky but hopefully, not as messy!

Miffy xx

carlen222
04-12-2009, 09:07 PM
i did it with 12 month old using little canvas set that i bought from baker ross. i looked online to see what type of paint to use and it suggested acryllic paint so i purchased some bottles from ebay. i did it with her footprints and worked out great! i painted the canvas in lilac then did cerise pink prints, mum loved it so doing it with the rest of babies for xmas gifts for parents :D