PDA

View Full Version : Settling in visits

sfox2003
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi

I am now awaiting crb checks to finish. For when this is done I have a little one lined up to start with me. He is 2 yrs & switching from one childminder to myself (due to CM relocating).

Mum has left it for myself & his current CM to sort out settling in. The current CM has suggested once I take him she will come to playgroups that I attend on her own to give him some comfort. Shes also suggested that I go round to hers for a brew & to familiarise myself with the child.

I think going round to hers is a great idea, and thats something Im happy to do. However I feel awkward about her coming to my playgroups on her own. Wont it be confusing for the child? Being a new childminder I also feel like I have to prove myself. It makes me feel very nervous.

I am sure I will be fine, probably being daft.

Sarah

Mouse
03-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree.

Going to her house & getting known to the mindee is a good idea. I can't see the benefit of her coming to playgroup with you though. Once he's with you, it won't be up to her to 'comfort' him & may well be more confusing for him having her there.

I would tactfully say that you appreciate the offer, but would like to get used to settling him by yourself.

sfox2003
03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Thank you, yes, I will have to do that.